LCD TV as a monitor

Drakon

I got a rock.
Reaction score
So I'm finally hooking up my tv, and I, being the guy I am, am now using it as a secondary monitor, as well as a regular TV. Well, here's the thing. I've updated my video drivers, and tweaked with the TV settings, and for some reason, I can't get the monitor resolution past 1360*768 resolution. I might be off, but shouldn't I be able to get much higher than that, considering my video card?

Drakon,

Your TV Native resolution: 1366 x 768. So it isn't going to go beyond that without damaging the set.

-Ali

God, I'm dumb. I can't believe I missed that. Nevermind. ><

Drakon,

It's all right. I understand, and I've done things like that too.

-Ali

Of course, I'm fine with it, for the most part, since I can still use it for the general stuff. I wonder how it'll look with WOW.

I have my 26 inch Visio hooked up as a monitor and it is really nice. I have it DVi to HDMI. Here my PC has HDMI to HDMI, so I may try that. Not sure if it will make a difference though. I'm sure WoW will look great.

That's actually a pretty low resolution to use as a computer monitor. I'm willing to bet you'll be disappointed with how your game looks on it.

Yeah, I know. I generally keep my desktop resolution to 1280x1024, and I find myself wishing I had more space [specifically wishing it was widescreen]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"