• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lethal Weapon Reboot Series in the Works at WBTV and FOX

It would be a nice middle finger if they brought Crawford back and teamed him up with Sean and then the show lasted for years. :hehe:

They could get Danny Glover or Mel Gibson for a guest role as a hired assassin who kills Murtaugh. Probably Glover is easier to get for TV, although Gibson isn't doing much these days.

So it appears his quitting caught Fox and WB off-guard and now they're trying to see if he's for real and what they can do to keep him on. He's supposedly got a six-year contract but he'll likely be let go early since most studios don't like having unhappy actors. While the ratings were decent for the premiere, I think this news will likely push this show towards cancellation.

Behind Damon Wayans’ Surprise ‘Lethal Weapon’ Announcement; Is He Really Leaving & Can Show Survive Second Exit?

Wayans is 58....so he was in his early 30's when In Living Color debuted. Let that sink in for a second, if you first saw him on In Living Color. That is crazy.

Ehh, that seems right to me. So late 30s for Major Payne.

Crazy about Wayans quitting now though, he does come off as such a friggin' diva.

So it appears his quitting caught Fox and WB off-guard and now they're trying to see if he's for real and what they can do to keep him on. He's supposedly got a six-year contract but he'll likely be let go early since most studios don't like having unhappy actors. While the ratings were decent for the premiere, I think this news will likely push this show towards cancellation.

Behind Damon Wayans’ Surprise ‘Lethal Weapon’ Announcement; Is He Really Leaving & Can Show Survive Second Exit?

Thinking about it he does seem like the type that would make a surprise announcement like this to get attention and to get the studio to pay him more to remain on the show.

I doubt Crawford wants to come back after being publicly humiliated and thrown under the bus. They fired most of the cast and crew that supported Crawford as well. There would probably be tons of resentment and bad blood around if the fired people came back.
He sounds petty and vindictive now to quit after getting Crawford fired.
Yep this is a scummy move be Wayans. He could of said he didn't want to come back before and let the writers exit his character but keep Crawfords. Heck they could of even brought in one of Wayans brothers to play Roger's detective brother on the show to replace him.

They may as well just cancel the show without Riggs and Murtaugh.

Sucks for the actors that played Murtaugh's family because he is putting them out of work as well. Especially bad if it is true he blindsided the cast and crew by not telling them first.

Everything we have seen is vindicating Crawford at this point. He might have been annoyed and somewhat difficult on set but he doesn't come out looking bad when compared to Wayans actions.

I doubt Crawford wants to come back after being publicly humiliated and thrown under the bus. They fired most of the cast and crew that supported Crawford as well. There would probably be tons of resentment and bad blood around if the fired people came back.

Yep this is a scummy move be Wayans. He could of said he didn't want to come back before and let the writers exit his character but keep Crawfords. Heck they could of even brought in one of Wayans brothers to play Roger's detective brother on the show to replace him.

They may as well just cancel the show without Riggs and Murtaugh.

Sucks for the actors that played Murtaugh's family because he is putting them out of work as well. Especially bad if it is true he blindsided the cast and crew by not telling them first.

Well, unless Murtaugh dies as well, and they continue the show with Trish as a grieving widow and single parent.

I think it will probably be cancelled as I can't see how it is going to justify the name "Lethal Weapon". Although they are apparently bringing in a female character to partner Det Bailey, who is meant to be the equivalent of a female Riggs. So a female Lethal Weapon.

They might end up making those two women the stars, making it like the rebooted female Ghostbusters or Ocean's 8.

Hopefully they do more Ocean's 8 and less Ghostbusters with it. Not that Ghostbusters was bad but it failed to live up to the promise. Though to be fair I doubt even the original cast could have either.

If it's Bailey and the new female Lethal Weapon as the main stars, does that mean that Sean William Scott gets relegated to secondary status and supporting player?

Possibly. He could still be a major part of the series but not the second lead.

Who knows? Maybe this ends up being the answer to that Bad Boys show that never got off the ground.

So in the 2nd episode they're ripping off the Thomas Jane Punisher. Cole is torturing someone with a popsicle in exactly the same way.

So in the 2nd episode they're ripping off the Thomas Jane Punisher. Cole is torturing someone with a popsicle in exactly the same way.
It was a homage rather than a rip off to the scene from the Punisher comic/movie. Cole's character even brings it up that he read comics in the scene.

After the behaviour of Wayans, it has cemented my decision not to watch the 3rd season.
If he does leave and the show somehow continues, I’ll probably give it a watch then.
If Crawford could be brought back, I’d love that!

I thought Jordana Brewster was leaving. She was still hanging around this week. But with not much to do really, so I could see her wanting to leave.

So it looks like Jordana Brewster has indeed left as of the 3rd episode, but with no explanation whatsoever why she has gone within the story. They could've used the first two episodes to explain why she was leaving.

It's becoming quite a different show. SWS isn't really a lethal weapon now. He tries to be a good parent but doesn't always succeed. But he's nowhere near as reckless as Riggs was. I guess they're waiting for their female loose cannon.

I am looking at the Cole Lethal Weapon ver 2.0 like I am looking at the Juliet/Magnum team on that reboot. So what if it is not the same as the source they have lucked into something good, so go with it.

Given the position Wayans put them in, SWS' Cole is an acceptable replacement. It just sucks that Wayans pulled a primadonna and pouted to get rid of Crawford and then quit at the end of this season.

If they decide to do a female jump then I'm all for it, so long as neither of the new actors turns childish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"