• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Lois and Clark:Lord of the Flys.

Spider-Bat

BATMAN
Reaction score
I got the fourth volume of Lois and Clark last night and I was watching the first episode which is the second part to the previous season finale from Vol. 3, and man was it cool, Clark had found out he was married since birth and he had to lead his people on New Krypton, and the whole thing was a huge story, epic, there was some tv cheesyness, but not as bad as Lester's movies, anyway, it just drove me nuts that they could do something so cool for tv, with space ship, floating palaces, which weren't too cheap looking for tv, it was really well done, reminded me of the new Battlestar, or Farscape, but they couldn't do anything like that for the movies, all they did was a recap of the Donner stuff, that's why I have always liked L&C, they did something different.

They didn't stay hung up on recycling Donner stuff.

Oh man I remember watching that episode many times. The first time I saw it I was blown away (original air date) by how good the special effects/CG were. Great for tv imo.

I got the fourth volume of Lois and Clark last night and I was watching the first episode which is the second part to the previous season finale from Vol. 3, and man was it cool, Clark had found out he was married since birth and he had to lead his people on New Krypton, and the whole thing was a huge story, epic, there was some tv cheesyness, but not as bad as Lester's movies, anyway, it just drove me nuts that they could do something so cool for tv, with space ship, floating palaces, which weren't too cheap looking for tv, it was really well done, reminded me of the new Battlestar, or Farscape, but they couldn't do anything like that for the movies, all they did was a recap of the Donner stuff, that's why I have always liked L&C, they did something different.

They didn't stay hung up on recycling Donner stuff.

Dude, the whole storyline is a cut-and-paste from Superman II.

Oh man I remember watching that episode many times. The first time I saw it I was blown away (original air date) by how good the special effects/CG were. Great for tv imo.
Oh yeah totally great for TV. It is nuts how good it is. Sure it could be thought of the bad guy as a poor man's Zod, but who cares, it was great, and it wasn't just three Kryptonian villians, it was so cool.

I love the black suit Superman wore, pretty much the regeneration suit from The Return of Superman, except instead of the silver S and cuffs they were blue. I'm sure they figured they'd put something in from the recent comics story line that was so popular.

I love the whole Death saga so I was happy to see the black suit, I've always loved that costume. It's nice to see Supes wear something different once in awhile, and it just rocked.

Also, Dean Cain is a great Superman, he looks like a classic version of Kal-El. And Cain was at least a MAN playing SUPERMAN.

He looks great as Superman, and Clark, his voice was a little high, but still not bad.

The cgi really was good, I agree.

Everything was so epic. Still shocks me for a tv show how much better they did than what Singer stuck together, well,I know Singer sucks, but WB really could've done a revamp.

At least L&C were closer to the recent comics, I think focusing on L&C's relationship really was a good idea, it felt more like what was going on in the books.

It's just nice to sit down and watch this show and see something different than Donner stuff done to death.

Dude, the whole storyline is a cut-and-paste from Superman II.
Just because it featured Kryptonian villians meant that it was that and it wasn't. It was something much more epic. And for tv it was damn good.

I have fond memories of the "New Krypton" saga. Jay Gruska also composed some good music for this story arc. If you don't already own it, I recommend picking up a copy of the "Lois and Clark" soundtrack album, released posthumously on CD.

Although LnC is often knocked for its approach to the source material, I have to agree with the sentiment expressed here: it was something different. And it wasn't done purely for ratings or ****s n' giggles. This was a wonderful new take on a familiar classic. Even though the show had its faults, it was built on a fresh blueprint, rather than simply being a cowardly re-hash of a superior interpretation. Indeed, Lnc faltered early on when it portrayed Jor-El in Season One as a direct copy of Jor-El from the Donner movies -- a miscalculation that highlighted the importance of being different. No matter, for even that miscalculation occurred in an otherwise excellent episode. Of course, it helps that Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher also had formidable chemistry, helping to anchor the show through even its worst moments.

Oh man, The New Krypton arc was one of my favorite parts of L&C and the best part of season 3&4. Some people critisize how they abandoned the aspect of being the last son of krypton but i Feel this arc really showed Superman as a leader, and is probrally Dean Cain's best performance as Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"