Supergirl Lois casting

coluanprime

Sidekick
Reaction score
Let's be honest, they will probably show up at some point, so who would you like to see in the roles?
My ideas:
Lois:
This is definitely an unusual choice, but I would love to see Kerry Washington as Lois Lane. She's in her late thirties which would fit with the show's timeline. She also a great actress who is very similar to the Lois from the comics. Olivia Pope definitely has shades of Lois with her. (Of course, Scandal has another season so this is very, very, very, unlikely.)
oliviapope.jpg

Superman:
Admittedly part of this is I want to see a gay actor be Superman on screen, but I'd love to see Matt Bomer as Kal. He's a great actor and he has the Superman voice down thanks to the All-Star Superman DTV.
matthew-bomer-superman.jpg

There's absolutely no reason for this show to bring in Lois.

As far as Superman goes, though, my choice would be Smallville alumnus Sam Witwer.

Yeah I don't see Lois EVER showing up in this show

My thoughts on Lois showing up were mainly that since Superman appears to have been active for around 12 years in this universe, he would have been married at this point. Also, she is a reporter which would tie into the whole Catco thing.

Yes to matt bomer

Chyler would have been a good Lois if she wasn't already alex

There's absolutely no reason for this show to bring in Lois.

As far as Superman goes, though, my choice would be Smallville alumnus Sam Witwer.
Sam Witwer would make a great Batman, but I don't see him as Superman at all.

I hadn't thought about the possibility of Clark being married, but because of the way they've set things up, there's still no reason for Lois to ever show up even if she IS married to him, since he'd likely come to National City alone should he ever drop by.

There's also the fact that CatCo and the Daily Planet are not only completely different types of companies, they're at least halfway across the country from one another.

As far as Witwer goes, I want to see Superman played by somebody with previous connections to the property in other forms, and Witwer fits that desire. He's also got the boyish good looks and good-natured charm and charisma to pull off the role, and, IMO, looks very similar to Melissa Benoist in terms of his facial features and body structure, which you need since her character is his cousin.

Sam Witwer would make a great Batman, but I don't see him as Superman at all.

Yeah. He was my choice to play Batman in BvS before they announced they wanted a 40 to 50 something Bruce Wayne. I really don't see him as Superman.

Superman isn't likely to appear so I feel that Lois would also be about as unlikely to appear also.

Superman isn't likely to appear so I feel that Lois would also be about as unlikely to appear also.

We know he exists in the universe and will be appearing in silhouette and pictorial form in the Pilot, so the possibility of him appearing 'in the flesh' does very much exist.

Such is not the case with Lois, as she has absolutely no connection whatsoever to Kara, CatCo, or National City, and wouldn't be likely to show up even if she were married to Clark since, as noted, he'd likely drop by National City by himself.

Sophia Bush was born to play Lois Lane.

suit%20skirts%20sophia%20bush%20white%20background%20open%20toed%20shoes_wallpaperswa.com_54.jpg

:up: Good choice.

With Jimmy (excuse me, "James" *groan*...) showing up in the show on a regular basis,I don't think having Lois pop up once or twice a season is an outlandish expectation.

I really don't think it would be hard to justify a guest appearance for Lois.

James has actual reasons for being in National City: he was hired by Cat Grant as CatCo's Art Director, AND he was told by Superman to help Kara and watch over her.

Lois, by contrast, has no connection whatsoever to Kara and no reason to travel halfway across the country to an unfamiliar city.

We know he exists in the universe and will be appearing in silhouette and pictorial form in the Pilot, so the possibility of him appearing 'in the flesh' does very much exist.

Such is not the case with Lois, as she has absolutely no connection whatsoever to Kara, CatCo, or National City, and wouldn't be likely to show up even if she were married to Clark since, as noted, he'd likely drop by National City by himself.

At some point down the line. Maybe. However they wouldn't be taking this route if they actually had plans to feature Superman. We already know that Superman and Batman and scores of other characters are off limits to tv shows from what as been said about the possibility of these characters appearing in Arrow or Flash. DC/WB have a policy about not allowing certain characters that have involvement in the movies to be featured in tv shows. Deadshot recently became a victim of that policy. I wouldn't go holding my breath for a Superman guest spot just yet. They won't even mention his name at this point.

James has actual reasons for being in National City: he was hired by Cat Grant as CatCo's Art Director, AND he was told by Superman to help Kara and watch over her.

Lois, by contrast, has no connection whatsoever to Kara and no reason to travel halfway across the country to an unfamiliar city.

If they rewrote the entire character of Jimmy to fit him into this show,I'm sure they'll find a plausible reason for Lois to make an appearance. In the Supergirl movie, Lois' sister was friends with Supergirl. That could be your out right there.

Frankly,this show lasts five years,I'm betting you'll have seen all of Supe's supporting cast. I'm guessing Miss Teshmacher is the heavy for season 3. :woot:

I'll play along... an go with
Geoff Stults as Superman
and
Lauren Graham as Lois

Try something really different and diversified to change it up.

Precious+actress+Gabourey+Sidibe+smiles+seen+eRFUDKL5HhCl.jpg

Lois Lane

Jamie-Lee-Curtis-hairstyles.jpg

Perry White

actor_14853.jpg

Superman

...Lois, by contrast, has no connection whatsoever to Kara and no reason to travel halfway across the country to an unfamiliar city.

Based on what? If they want Lois to be there, she'll be there, and there are plenty of reasons why she would want to (or have to) visit.

Yeah, it's weird to come to that conclusion when Cat, Jimmy, and Toyman are all shown to be in a different city.

It'd be really annoying if Superman never shows up considering he exists in this world. Unless hes dead or something when she becomes Supergirl.

I'm sure later down the season run, Superman will probably show up. As for Lois, she probably be referenced a lot and I wouldn't be surprised if Cat doesn't like her because all her Superman exclusives. Depend on how the series is received they might bring in a lot of superman releated characters into the fold just to keep it a float.

I'd just say it's a matter of time before Lane & Kent arrive .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"