Lone Survivor- Wahlberg, Kitsch, Foster, Hirsch, Bana

MadVillainy

C'mon Son
Reaction score

Universal Pictures have released the first trailer, poster, and images for Peter Berg‘s adaptation of the non-fiction book Lone Survivor. The film tells the story of four Navy SEALs on an ill-fated covert mission who try to neutralize a high-level Taliban operative, but are ambushed by enemy forces in the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan. Berg is a wildly uneven director, but I have so much good will towards him for The Rundown and The Kingdom that I want him to succeed. Unfortunately, this trailer makes the film look like a military recruitment ad of the worst kind. The best way to respect the troops is to paint them honestly, and I fear that honesty is absent from Berg’s picture. I hope this trailer is misleading and Berg hasn’t made Act of Valor but with real actors.

Hit the jump to check out the trailer, poster, and images. The film stars Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Ben Foster, Emile Hirsch, and Eric Bana. Lone Survivor will open for an awards-qualifying limited release on December 27th before going wide on January 10th.
http://collider.com/lone-survivor-trailer-poster-images/#more-273575

Hopefully this turns out good and I hope this turns Hirsch's and Kitsch's luck around

What...it has Kitsch? BOX OFFICE FLOP ALERT! :o

Berg needs to stick to stuff like this than another Hancock or Battleship.

I read elsewhere some people harping on the movie for being racist because the soldiers decide to let the kid go, but because he is Arabic, he instantly alerts the Taliban and betrays them.

Uhm... that's what actually happened you jabronis!

So please, I'm preemptively begging people to keep racism and politics out of this thread.

This movie looks great, the performances, the usage of natural lighting (Ain't no teal/orange to be seen!!!!!), Eric Bana just being there and the action of course. I'm totally there.

Berg needs to stick to stuff like this than another Hancock or Battleship.

He was forced into making Battleship to make this.

This looks good, i like the cast :up:

Looks ok, although it does look like it was shot in some National Park in the US.

Lol, Berg and Kitsch. Megalol.

Looks fantastic, Kitsch looking great, so are Foster, Wahlberg and Hirsch.

Interesting, really liked Zero Dark Thirty so this could be up my street too.

Hirsch is a good actor. nice to see him in a movie like this.

A Look Inside 'Lone Survivor' Featurette:

[YT]CQFUBmDqg6E[/YT]

The original title was 'TIGHT UPCLOSE SHOTS GALORE" the movie.

Read the book that this was based on and its a pretty intense story

I saw this last night and it was better than I expected.

A few gory scenes and a LOT of firefight. A few scenes that I had problems with in terms of plausibility, but apart from that the whole cast were great, especially Wahlberg.

...oh and nothing bad to say about Kitsch either, he was actually good.

I kind of feel bad for Kitsch. I think that he's a pretty good actor who has made some "questionable" choices in roles. That's made people think that he's bad when he's really not. Wahlberg is usually really good and Foster and Hirsch are always solid.

Just saw this. Really liked it. I personally liked it more than Hurt Locker.

Great acting, great tension.

8/10

Saw it, wasn't too bad, there was one part in particular that I thought looked so painful:

that part where the team fell down hill and hit every branch, rock and tree along the way, twice, looked so painful, I felt bad for the stunt guys, they plummeted faster and harder than Taylor Kitsch's bankability after John Carter.

I'd give it a 6/10.

I enjoyed it. The main action sequence is pretty intense and is very well shot.

I kind of feel bad for Kitsch. I think that he's a pretty good actor who has made some "questionable" choices in roles. That's made people think that he's bad when he's really not. Wahlberg is usually really good and Foster and Hirsch are always solid.

I was standing by him in the Bell Lightbox at TIFF. You could tell he was trying to get tickets by convincing the person who he was. Sure enough, I saw him going into Prisoners.

I thought this was incredible. Everything on paper says it should be pretty sucky. But it was intense and didn't pull any punches. I was expecting "meh" at best but I certainly was not expecting that!

Blimey.
9.5/10

Just saw this last night and thought it was great. I'll definitely check it out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"