Looking ahead to Season 2 and beyond

Poeman

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm here trying to figure out how they are going to drag out this show to more than one season.It is all centered on saving the world from a bomb (Peter) and once that happens (or doesn't), then what?

supposedly these gifts are being discovered by people all over the world, so I imagine that season 2 (and future seasons) will focus on other Heroes from other parts of the world?

Also i heard something like Season 2 is entitled "Generations". Is it true we'll be introduced to a whole new cast, with a few characters from Season 1 in the background. The focus will shift to completely different thing next season?

I want more exploration of the juicy backstories of Linderman's "superfriends" and the Petrelli family.

I heard its gonna focus on New Heroes and a few of the orginals familys like Mohinder Suresh sister

I'm here trying to figure out how they are going to drag out this show to more than one season.It is all centered on saving the world from a bomb (Peter) and once that happens (or doesn't), then what?

supposedly these gifts are being discovered by people all over the world, so I imagine that season 2 (and future seasons) will focus on other Heroes from other parts of the world?

Also i heard something like Season 2 is entitled "Generations". Is it true we'll be introduced to a whole new cast, with a few characters from Season 1 in the background. The focus will shift to completely different thing next season?
We're going to see more backstory of the previous generation in Season 2. that is, Linderman, the Petrellis, their group, etc. the series has different arcs; the NY bomb is just one of them.

i think they changed that idea since the cast is so popular they're gonna keep who ever is alive

The whole season 2 is going to focus on the awesome battle between Hiro and the dinosaur from the painting.:cwink: :up:

Yeah, how are they gonna make more than one season? It's like 24 season one, it was all about the assasination of Candadite Palmer, once that's stopped what do you do? Or those procedurals, how do they make more than one episdoe, by the end the case is solved, where do you go from there? I can't believe Buffy had seven seasons, wasn't season one all about defeated the Master? Well they beat him at the end of season one, what'd they do after that?

Yeah, how are they gonna make more than one season? It's like 24 season one, it was all about the assasination of Candadite Palmer, once that's stopped what do you do? Or those procedurals, how do they make more than one episdoe, by the end the case is solved, where do you go from there? I can't believe Buffy had seven seasons, wasn't season one all about defeated the Master? Well they beat him at the end of season one, what'd they do after that?

They already said that each season will be its own chapter, with mostly all new casts, with only some of the current chapter's characters showing up.

I personally would like to see Future Hiro's sword training. He alluded that he went back into the past for it.

Ive been wondering about this myself. I hope season 2 is as good as the current one

I don't know, how many times can the Joker, or Bizarro or Professor Zoom show up in comic books. For the most part, that's all this is - a live action comic book. The arc this season isn't really about the bomb at all. The bomb is a heavy plot point to progress the arc. It's about the realization of powers and abilities and how one chooses to use them. The whole season has been discovery, use, abuse, honing and development of each characters powers, along with the moral choice of how each character decides to use them. This season is about the drawing of lines and the separation of two factions, along with those that toe the middle.

The buzz is that season two will heavily be about the previous generation, but if they wanted to move these characters forward, it seems very doable. It's not like Peter will just go back to being a nurse once the explosion is stopped. New villains rise, new empowered people choose their direction and so on. Sylar surely wouldn't be the only super-powered being on the planet that's a little psycho.

I think the second season will people start usingtheir powers for crime or other means that can villainious. Some will try to be like heroes stopping muggeres and other crimes like that. It will be good to see the previous generation story come about and see how they are shaping the future.

Well what we know so far...http://www.heroestheseries.com/season-2-storylines-a-change-in-the-dvd-release-date/

-the story will be much more global with characters from all over and even some existing characters going to far off places

-the back stories of the previous generation(the Petrellis,Mr.Nakamura,Linderman) and how they discovered their powers and came together will be explored

-Claire is getting a love interest

I can't believe Buffy had seven seasons, wasn't season one all about defeated the Master? Well they beat him at the end of season one, what'd they do after that?

:rolleyes:

... is all it needs.

Other than that - am looking forward to what the future of Heroes will hold. Should be exciting, encompassing and epic stuff.

as much as i dislike the next season getting an all new cast, the first season started off that way, and 21 episodes later, they are household names, more or less, so... bring on the new guys, i guess.

and where did hiro say he got his sword training in the past, 'carrrnuttt'? from next week's preview, it looks like his dad trains him, and i don't remember him saying anything about going into the past to be trained.

Well, considering how the subtitle for the next show is called "Generations" and how they are going to be dealing with the previous group of heroes of "Linderman's JLA," it's pretty clear that the theme is going to be about parents and their children. Season 1 was all about what does it mean to be a hero, to be special, and finding one's place in life, etc. So Season 2 will emphasize the concept of parents wanting the best for their children vs. their children wanting carve out a niche for themselves. After all, look at the set-up:

You've got "Peter" the "black sheep" of the Petrellis vs. his mother who is diffenately "super-villaness" material (and I suspect even more so next season because [blackout]I believe she'll blame Peter for the death of her favored son, Nathan, who, I suspect at the end of this season's finale, will decide to sacrifice himself to save New York by grabbing Peter and flying up skyward over the city where Peter can safely explode above the city and not harm anyone[/blackout]) And if his father was a "hero" most likely will have him travelling the world to learn more about his dad.

Claire of course is torn between her adoptive family of HRG and the "Pettrelli legacy."

Nikki/DL/Micah--where the parents are trying to raise a son as normal even though he wants to be special

Matt--who has a kid on the way who we know will one day develop powers and will probably compromise certain principles in order to protect his family

Hiro trying to live up to his father, especially if its revealed that Hiro's dad has powers of his own.

And Mohindir--who in a sense is living through his own father's legacy and, I believe, will "adopt" Nancy Walker, where they can go and travel looking for other "Heroes" while being chased down by Linderman's posse.

Wow... It's refreshing to see people who actually get and accept the 'new cast' concept... I haven't heard any confirmation that season 2 will center on different parts of the world any more than it would different parts of the country... but hey, it sounds cool, so who cares if it's true, right?

That said, I don't agree that this season is about people find out their powers... I think the ENTIRE SHOW CONCEPT is about that, and that's something that we'll see throughout the show's life, new people finding out about new abilities... not only because it's something that can be looked at from so many different angles we haven't even touched this season...

But this season is obviously about the Bomb, since it's the cliffhanger for the end of the first episode, the central focus for central characters like Peter and Hiro AND it's the main event in the season finale. So obiviously, this season is about the bomb, and the show as a whole is about people discovering their powers.

I also don't see multiple factions, nor do i see any clear good and evil in ANYONE. Even Hiro we've seen turn into a terrorist (all terrorists are working for the greater good from their perspective). The only faction is Linderman/The Company/Primatech/The Old Heroes... everyone else is on their own.

Even Sylar tried to have a change of heart... he's not a "villain," he's, at worst, a serial killer. He's no more 'villainous' than the men in your local prison psychiatric ward. Likewise, I think we've seen exactly how far from 'heroic' Peter and Hiro are in 5 yrs gone.

I look forward to seeing new Heroes emerge in different places, as well as seeing a new central character who is, because of his (or her, which would be better now that I think of it) powers, the focus of a new crisis, whether it be a massive outbreak of SGs, the death of a political official who might be crucial to the future... maybe the world could be thrown off it's axis and cause massive environmental catastrophe... any number of cool things could be imminent.

So who was in Lindermans Superfriends. So far I got the Mama and Papa Pertrelli, Simones father and Hiros farther.

Wow... It's refreshing to see people who actually get and accept the 'new cast' concept... I haven't heard any confirmation that season 2 will center on different parts of the world any more than it would different parts of the country... but hey, it sounds cool, so who cares if it's true, right?
the writers and Tim Kring have said so. well, maybe not center on different parts of the world, but the series and storylines are going global.

and where did hiro say he got his sword training in the past, 'carrrnuttt'? from next week's preview, it looks like his dad trains him, and i don't remember him saying anything about going into the past to be trained.

Future Hiro alluded to it, I believe. Then again, he might have been referring to the training his dad gave him 5 years earlier. There is also a chance that that never happened in that timeline.

The way I think of it, since Linderman wanted the bomb to go off, because it was for the 'better good', maybe if they stop the bomb at the end of this season, it will cause an even bigger, global threat, that needs to be stopped in season two.

I'm still about 90% sure the bomb is going to go off. Isaac painted it, and no onther painting has not come true. Some have even been self-fulfilling (Peter couldn't have fallen off the roof if he didn't see the painting that told him where to go).

Ooooo... nice Theory...

there's also a lot of stuff that has not been seen, but that has been referred to during the season, like the pairings of DL and Nikki and Nathan and the fire woman, Nikki's back story with Jessica, the creation of Primatech, Hiro's family, and lot's of other stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"