Comics Looking for a specific Superman Comic Book

farquh2

Civilian
Reaction score
I am looking for a specific Superman comic book from 1983. Long story, but it was the first comic book I ever owned, and I'd like to buy another copy. The problem is, I'm not sure which one it is.

I believe that it's an Action Comics, and most likely was on newsstand anywhere from April 1983 through December 1983. Since I was a just a kid when I had the book, it lost its cover long ago, so I don't recognize any of the covers from that area with any certainty.

Action Comics #551 seems somewhat familiar, but my local shop doesn't have one for sale so I can't examine the book to see if it is the correct one I am looking for.

From what I remember, the opening splash page had Jimmy Olsen tied to a giant clock arm, and once that clock struck 12noon (I think), Jimmy would explode, so Superman was working against the clock in this particular issue. What I also remember was in the end a second Superman was revealed to be working behind the scenes. And, from the issue synopsis that I have read from the Superman books from 1983, that is a story arc that was on-going during this time.

Perhaps it was a Superman book from this era that I'm looking for, but if my memory serves, it was an Action Comics.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"