Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

As much as I understand wanting to bring back her character, Max's world works best when he has to deal with different people each time, that's what gives Miller the freedom to do crazy stuff like Fury Road.

Plus, Furiosa had a great story arc that concluded perfectly at the end of Fury Road. She found redemption, and there's really no need to bring her back beyond fan service.

Valid point. Her arc is completed.

How about Theron pulls a Bruce Spence and comes back as a similar yet unrelated character and no one in the movie, least of all Max, makes note of this?

:cwink:

I actually wouldn't put it past Miller to do that, however, I don't know if you could get away with doing that these days especially with such a high profiled name.

Also, Gyro Captain was more like Nux than Furiosa. In terms of the size of the role.

I don't care if her arc's done. I want more Furiosa. Even if it's just for a brief segment where Max has to go to the Citadel for help with something, whatever. I just want more, lol.

I really, really liked furiosa. However, I would prefer for max to do what he does, and find himself running into new characters.

Last edited:
I loved Furiosa, but I agree that Max should fall into something different again.

I loved Max's grunts btw. Hopefully there shall be more.

As much as I understand wanting to bring back her character, Max's world works best when he has to deal with different people each time, that's what gives Miller the freedom to do crazy stuff like Fury Road.

I really want to see Furiosa back, but I agree with this 100%.

As cool as she was, she got her hard-won happy ending. I'd rather leave her alone. there are a lot of different places to go in this universe.

You don't want to Boba Fett her.*

*Taint the character

Please for the love of god, dont bring Theron back. give me Max

It's because trek thinks Charlize wasn't convincing in Fury Road, in which I disagree.

Yeah. Charlize was 100% badass. Loved her in the role. If she comes back, great. If not, that's okay too, because typically we follow Max to new places and new people. But either way, she was f***ing awesome.

Hmm I thought this was gonna be called Mad Max: Ferocious. Anyway...I dont mind if the characters besides Max dont come back since that happened in film #2 and #3.

I don't think we need her again. Her story concluded and it ended brilliantly. Like all the other Max films, just move on to different characters. I am really hoping this film happens. Fury Road was amazing. It deserves a follow up.

What would you guys think of a Furiosa spinoff, if she doesn't appear in The Wasteland?

I think it could work. There are clearly more threats out there than the ones we saw in Fury Road. It could be interesting to see Furiosa defending the Citadel from invaders, or going on another mission to help her people. Expanded universes are everywhere these days; I don't see why we can't have one for Mad Max too.

It's interesting, just because some of the older articles have said that the second movie was supposed to be Mad Max: Furiousa. With all the praise she has been getting, I would be surprised if they don't bring her back.

Still, I am all in for this.

Yeah, I even saw one article where the writer speculated that since Hardy and Theron supposedly had some issues with one another on set, they might make two separate sequels... one featuring Max and one featuring Furiosa. It's clear that Miller wants to revisit the Furiosa character, or at least did at one point.

Either way, I'd go to see any movie set in this world and featuring either or both of the characters. They were awesome in the film together and if they had any problems with one another during filming, it only came out in the scenes toward the beginning where they were beating the pulp out of each other. Once they were on the same side, they had great chemistry together.

Yeah, I would be cool with never seeing Furiosa again. She had a great ending. I also wouldn't mind a smaller scale film for the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"