• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Major PC issue, probablye virus

CELTICPRED

Austrian Death Machine
Reaction score
Hello everyone, just a few hours ago I was browsing the internet via firefox, with 3 tabs open, one for avpgalaxy, one for redvsblue, and the third for this site.

I have never encountered virus problems on their sites but I have gotten numerous virus or worm warnings on SHH.

My Avast warned me a virus/worm had been detected and instructed me to move to chest, did that, and about 15 seconds later, the same alert popped up again, and repeated the move to chest. This happened 5 or 6 more times and I shut down my computer.

I restarted my computer, and attempted to boot in safe mode, but each time the system would start to run in safe mode, the whole PC would restart and would send me back to the screen where I choose what mode to run the PC in.

I have tried everything. I have inserted my XP disc into the drive, nothing happened, and I have tried to start in safe mode, with command, with prior best settings, and regular mode.

When I run in normal mode, Windows will open, my desktop will appear, but a data loss prevention dialogue box or something similar appears, I close it, and nothing happens.

Ctrl alt del does nothing, I see no icons, no toolbar in the bottom, and I cannot access the start menu.

Can anyone help?

Update 1

Called my buddy at the PC company today. He had me re-install windows xp, then I rebooted in safe mode, and ran a full malwarebytes scan, I think I found somewhere around 724 objects, and deleted them all.

Then rebooted my computer normally, and the desktop and icons load correctly.

But after a few minutes, a window will pop up (and the background will dim, so I cannot click any of the icons) and says "warning, your computer is infected" blah blah blah.

ctrl alt del does nothing, and I'm not stupid enough to click anything on the window.

So basically, does anyone have any suggestions what to do?

Update 1

Called my buddy at the PC company today. He had me re-install windows xp, then I rebooted in safe mode, and ran a full malwarebytes scan, I think I found somewhere around 724 objects, and deleted them all.

Then rebooted my computer normally, and the desktop and icons load correctly.

But after a few minutes, a window will pop up (and the background will dim, so I cannot click any of the icons) and says "warning, your computer is infected" blah blah blah.

ctrl alt del does nothing, and I'm not stupid enough to click anything on the window.

So basically, does anyone have any suggestions what to do?

Format windows and then re-install it, if you are just putting another version of windows ontop of the infected one, the virus will still get your new system via the old.windows folder.

needs to be a 100% clean install

or get another virus program :)

If you can. remove the hard drive and place it in an external bay and connect it to another computer. Run malwarebytes and superantispyware on that drive and it should clean the infections. If you can't do that, then install malwarebytes and superantispyware on yours and run them. Even if you can't update them run them to get as much of the infection out as you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"