Endgame Mantis - Pom Klementieff

Iceman

Daffy Duck Vs The Joker
Staff member
Reaction score
Discuss Mantis in Avengers 4. She has been a great addition to Guardians for me, adding a different type of comedy. I really enjoyed her contribution to the attack on Thanos in Infinity War and hope she gets something like that again in Avengers 4.

Liked her in IW and GotG2. Wonder what role she'll play in I4; she needs to restrain Starlord like she did his father.

Liked her in IW and GotG2. Wonder what role she'll play in I4; she needs to restrain Starlord like she did his father.
I hope there's something she can contribute to the fight against Thanos too, even if minor. She turned out to be quite useful in the fight against Thanos on Titan at least (would have been a victory without Star-Lord losing it).

Depends on the writers and directors :halo:

I think we’re good on that front. ;)

Just hope she doesn't die in A4 (I don't remember if she got dusted in IW).

She did, she's the first one to get dusted on Titan.

Yeah, there was only Iron Man and Nebula left alive on Titan.

I was pleasantly surprised. I gotta give credit to the writers. They really were able to emphasize all characters, whether they had 20mins or screentime or 2.

I was pleasantly surprised. I gotta give credit to the writers. They really were able to emphasize all characters, whether they had 20mins or screentime or 2.

I. Love. This. About Marvel. You can really see that they think about all the characters. That's amazing. That's one of the things that get me super, super hyped about the X-Men joining the MCU.

Yeah, so many different characters got good moments in this film. Really difficult balancing act but they did a great job.

I. Love. This. About Marvel. You can really see that they think about all the characters. That's amazing. That's one of the things that get me super, super hyped about the X-Men joining the MCU.
If they announced the Russos I would be over the moon. They've shown the ability to handle huge rosters effectively while delivering on all others parts of a film too.

If they announced the Russos I would be over the moon. They've shown the ability to handle huge rosters effectively while delivering on all others parts of a film too.

They have. But I hope that is a path and style Marvel can apply to all their ensemble movies.

They have. But I hope that is a path and style Marvel can apply to all their ensemble movies.
I hope so. The Russos are the top of the Marvel tree for me after 3 excellent ensemble films in TWS, CW and IW. Guardians has also been well handled as well as Ragnarok with a bunch of extra characters along for the journey so I think the commitment to quality is there along with the ability to make a success of team films.

I hope so. The Russos are the top of the Marvel tree for me after 3 excellent ensemble films in TWS, CW and IW. Guardians has also been well handled as well as Ragnarok with a bunch of extra characters along for the journey so I think the commitment to quality is there along with the ability to make a success of team films.

I remember reading somewhere that A4 will be their last Marvel movie. I think they're developing TV shows now (not Marvel ones).

I remember reading somewhere that A4 will be their last Marvel movie. I think they're developing TV shows now (not Marvel ones).
That's true, although there was also an article that made it look like they were reconsidering in the wake of Marvel getting rights to X-Men and F4. Can only hope there was some truth to that and it wasn't totally made up.

That's true, although there was also an article that made it look like they were reconsidering in the wake of Marvel getting rights to X-Men and F4. Can only hope there was some truth to that and it wasn't totally made up.

I hope so, but I'd personally rather see them directing the Avengers movies only. You know, those huge crossover event movies.

I hope so, but I'd personally rather see them directing the Avengers movies only. You know, those huge crossover event movies.
I'd be fine with that but I think these huge crossovers can be a big burden compared to regular films. Whedon was certainly feeling the effect and maybe that's part of the reason they've signed on for completely different projects now. They'd be welcome back at any time of course. Shame we can't sign up guys like this for life!

I'd be fine with that but I think these huge crossovers can be a big burden compared to regular films. Whedon was certainly feeling the effect and maybe that's part of the reason they've signed on for completely different projects now. They'd be welcome back at any time of course. Shame we can't sign up guys like this for life!

I think huge crossover events like A3 and A4 won't happen in the next 10 years. But with so many characters now, every Avengers movie will deal with a considerable amount of characters. Probably Civil War style. I'm happy with the Russos taking those movies.

But I do hope Marvel can find other talented directors who can do the same thing. This way, we won't depend on the Russos only.

I think huge crossover events like A3 and A4 won't happen in the next 10 years. But with so many characters now, every Avengers movie will deal with a considerable amount of characters. Probably Civil War style. I'm happy with the Russos taking those movies.

But I do hope Marvel can find other talented directors who can do the same thing. This way, we won't depend on the Russos only.
Yeah, the Russos alone can't handle everything and Marvel will definitely need a fair amount of new talent with all the projects they are likely to be planning. It's just that very first MCU X-Men movie I'm worried about and I want someone reliable for that. Once the foundation is successfully laid I'm confident that a number of different directors could take it forward well but I don't want any gambles on that first film.

As for huge crossover events, I'm not expecting another event on the scale of IW and A4 until the end of Phase 6. At the end of Phase 4 and 5 we might get Avengers films with some X-Men guest stars, and hopefully the X-Men team films themselves amp up in size till they are Avengers level themselves.

Yeah, the Russos alone can't handle everything and Marvel will definitely need a fair amount of new talent with all the projects they are likely to be planning. It's just that very first MCU X-Men movie I'm worried about and I want someone reliable for that. Once the foundation is successfully laid I'm confident that a number of different directors could take it forward well but I don't want any gambles on that first film.

As for huge crossover events, I'm not expecting another event on the scale of IW and A4 until the end of Phase 6. At the end of Phase 4 and 5 we might get Avengers films with some X-Men guest stars, and hopefully the X-Men team films themselves amp up in size till they are Avengers level themselves.

I get your point. But I feel like Marvel will find a new director(s) for their new properties, including the X-Men. And I personally think they should, to get more talent in the house. I get your concern about the first X-Men not being a gamble, but I feel like the foundation you mentioned should be built by a new director and this director should follow that vision for the sequels. Like Coogler.

But before hiring the director, just go through their whole history on twitter to make sure there's no disturbing jokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"