• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

marion jones admitted cheating

Just so i understand this, is "the clear" THG?

because if it is, then the interesting thing is that it wasnt a banned substance in 2000. because it was undetecable.It was designed as such the authorities didnt even know it existed until they were sent a sample by someone. (Ive even heard it was a coach who wanted some for one of his athletes nicked a vial and sent it in). they then declared it illegal and applied punishment retrospectively. They did a load of back testing of previous samples. (thats how Dwayne Chambers got caught)

You, don't stir things up.

and as a general question... what makes it cheating? I mean, I'm in a race, is the guy next to me cheating because he was born with a high metabolism? Or is he cheating because he's worked out every day since he was 4? Is he cheating since he been eating and drinking precise amounts of carbs and proteins to prepare for the race...

there's another thing. In this world of sports this and that, bars, drinks, humice... all of them tweaked to give a chemistry designed to enhance performance, where is the line between cheating and "preparing"?

The reason its considered cheating is because they have a list of banned substances. some are naturally occuring (nandralone) and some aint.(you can fail a test for too much caffeine) they have certain guidlines and allowances within those rules, and if a prescribed medicine contains those substances, it can be excused as long as its declared beforehand: I think it was christy gaines failed a test, and it was a medicine for sleep apnea, but she didnt declare it.

Some times they will consider mitigation, but at the end of the day it is considered the Atheletes responsibilty what they put into their body.

So if she took a substance that was on the banned list, knowingly or otherwise, and had no mitigating circumstance (Ignorance is not considered a defence), she broke the rules. she cheated.

Lets face it, we have come an awful long way since men with micro penises tried to compete as women (mainly from eastern europe). the only way to spot them was a visual inspection of the undercarriage :D

You, don't stir things up.

and as a general question... what makes it cheating? I mean, I'm in a race, is the guy next to me cheating because he was born with a high metabolism? Or is he cheating because he's worked out every day since he was 4? Is he cheating since he been eating and drinking precise amounts of carbs and proteins to prepare for the race...

there's another thing. In this world of sports this and that, bars, drinks, humice... all of them tweaked to give a chemistry designed to enhance performance, where is the line between cheating and "preparing"?

Come man....you already know the answer to that. If steroids did not enhance speed and strength, athletes would not use them. It's an unfair advantage.

And just think about how this effected the lives of those she raced against. Most of those people will never be heard from again. One of them should have won instead of her. Marion stole their endorsements, money and fame.

why are these substances banned? That's my question. she took every advantage she could get her hands on to make herself better than her competition... so she was willing to go a little farther than they were... so what?

why are these substances banned? That's my question. she took every advantage she could get her hands on to make herself better than her competition... so she was willing to go a little farther than they were... so what?

Because these substances are extremely harmful to the human body if used in excess.....

Alcohol and tobacco don't stimulate growth hormones and muscle mass in your body.....
Your argument against the use of steroids was that they damage the body with excessive use.

...as do alcohol and tobacco. If you'd like to expand on that argument, I'm all ears. Just seemed a bit incomplete to me.

The use of steroids has been shown to increase muscle mass, thus increasing strength.....used to excess they can damage the body. Alcohol and tobacco do not provide any type of physical advantage.....

The use of steroids has been shown to increase muscle mass, thus increasing strength.....used to excess they can damage the body. Alcohol and tobacco do not provide any type of physical advantage.....
Actually, certain varieties of alcohol in moderation have been shown to have health benefits (immune and cardiovascular), and tobacco has been proven to be effective at relieving inflamation and to possess calming effects.

In the arena of competitive sports, as it stands, steroids and other substances are banned because of the short and long term effects on the athletes that take them......I do not think I've ever seen someone light up a smoke before the 100 meter dash....

because the idea is to push yourself to the limit of human endurance. Not artificially assisted endurance. Someone is born faster, so be it. some one prepares better, so be it. If you allow artificial assistance, what next? allow people to deliberatly amputate their own legs to have carbon fibre blades added?

In the arena of competitive sports, as it stands, steroids and other substances are banned because of the short and long term effects on the athletes that take them......I do not think I've ever seen someone light up a smoke before the 100 meter dash....
Nicotine is a stimulant. If the effects of diminished lung capacity were negligible or in the beginning stages, one could argue that there could be advantages.

I wonder how she is in bed. I know steroids tend to make guys more stronger and aggressive but what does it do to the women? I bet she's a real beast in bed! :ninja:

Nicotine is a stimulant. If the effects of diminished lung capacity were negligible or in the beginning stages, one could argue that there could be advantages.

Alchohol is on the banned list, in competition, in several sports there are small allowances

Because these substances are extremely harmful to the human body if used in excess.....
are are starvation diets, anorexia, bulemia, and water.

because the idea is to push yourself to the limit of human endurance. Not artificially assisted endurance. Someone is born faster, so be it. some one prepares better, so be it. If you allow artificial assistance, what next? allow people to deliberatly amputate their own legs to have carbon fibre blades added?
artificial assistance? Like carbo loading? specially formulated food with specific balances of carbohydrates, nutrients, and protein? asprin to whisk away a headache they woke up with that day? creatin to assist in muscle developement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"