WABC weather gal in 'rape' lie: cops

I'm thinking that he was talking about if a person was actually convicted based on her lies. There was a case where a woman lied about being raped and a man had to spend six years in prison before the truth came out (there was a thread on the Hype about it a while back). I think in that circumstance the woman should absolutely have to serve as much time as the person who was convicted because of a lie.

You are correct, that is absolutely what I meant. Also let us consider that being convicted of rape or any sex crime doesn't only bring prison time. When you get out you're labelled a sex offender. Anywhere you try to move, the neighbors are notified. Anywhere you apply for work, the employer is notified. That stigma follows you for the rest of your life. An innocent man could have had this happen to him because of that woman's lies. That is precisely why I believe anyone who lies about being raped should receive the sentence that the accused would have gotten.

It's also a slap in the face to any person who actually has been raped.

Unless we were in the Police Departments shoes, I don't know that we can judge them....they might have gone overboard on the guarding of her, but since she was a "celebrity" of sorts...seems to me they pretty much followed the procedure.

I think in this case the police handled things perfectly. They made sure her story was legit before rounding anybody up or arresting some innocent person and letting their name and picture be smeared all over newspapers and TV screens.

One thing being overlooked is the unfortunate situations where a woman IS raped but still accidently blames the wrong guy or the woman can't identify her attacker so the police end up getting a confession out of an innocent man. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"