• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marketing

Shakel92

Civilian
Reaction score
The marketing for the 2nd half of the season has been brilliant.

They come back from a 4 week hiatus, give us 2 shows, then take a three week break. Since our current break started, the producers and showrunners have made public that we'll get Deathlok, Lady Sif, Lorelei, Bill Paxton as John Garrett, Stan Lee and finally find out who the clairvoyant is.

So they have basically used the internet and various media as a commercial for why you should keep watching. I've been impressed with the writing, and probably would've enjoyed the show more if so much wasn't revealed, but I'm truly excited for the second half of the season.

The only thing that would make it better would be a Captain America crossover/visit to coincide with the movie in April. I was truly hoping for some Captain America stuff, but considering that they've let every cat out of the bag, I doubt they have anything else left to "surprise" us with.

The marketing for the 2nd half of the season has been brilliant.

They come back from a 4 week hiatus, give us 2 shows, then take a three week break. Since our current break started, the producers and showrunners have made public that we'll get Deathlok, Lady Sif, Lorelei, Bill Paxton as John Garrett, Stan Lee and finally find out who the clairvoyant is.

So they have basically used the internet and various media as a commercial for why you should keep watching. I've been impressed with the writing, and probably would've enjoyed the show more if so much wasn't revealed, but I'm truly excited for the second half of the season.

The only thing that would make it better would be a Captain America crossover/visit to coincide with the movie in April. I was truly hoping for some Captain America stuff, but considering that they've let every cat out of the bag, I doubt they have anything else left to "surprise" us with.
a Cap tie in will happen.

I'm sure there is more that we're not expecting.

a Cap tie in will happen.

But will it be better than the Thor tie-in?

Although I agree that the showrunners and network president have gone on a promotional blitz during the TCAs, I'm not sure that means anything to any but the most tuned-in fans of the show. As someone who doesn't watch network TV as a general rule, I would never have known about all the announcements if I didn't read this site. I would assume that most of the general audience is the same.

Also, no matter how well the network promotes upcoming developments, none of the hype will matter if the show doesn't deliver the goods. In fact, the current horn-tooting could be counterproductive if the finished product is disappointing.

They advertised the Thor tie-in, and I wasn't all that impressed. I liked the episode, but it wasn't as good as advertised. I thought the next episode (Repairs?) tied in more to Thor 2 than the one advertised.

Considering all the hints they've dropped about S.H.I.E.L.D. and their cover ups, you would expect a Captain America 2 tie-in. At the end of "The Hub" agent Sitwell looks at Victoria Hand and says something like, "I thought there wasn't going to be an extraction team?" which tells me that he's in on the vast S.H.I.E.L.D. cover up, bad guy stuff....just like Victoria Hand.

Anyway, I hope the writers and producers didn't blow their load early on what lies ahead for the "team." I'm excited about the next couple of episodes, but wonder what else there is to look forward to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"