Marvel at San Diego Comic Con 2010

I might actually read that Carnage mini. I've always thought Carnage had the potential to be one of Spider-Man's best enemies.

Eh, Carnage is a woman now. I suppose the angle they're gonna take is that Kassady is dead, the symbiote made it back to earth, etc.

It appears the question the mini will pose and answer is how sadistic is the symbiote now that Kassady is gone.

Yeah, I'm disappointed too. I always had a soft spot for Carnage. Spider-man doesn't have enough villains that just love to kill for the sake of killing, and nothing else. At least that I can recall.

Carnage had the potential to be a similar agent of chaos to Spider-Man like the Joker is to Batman. Just showing up randomly every now and then to do some crazy thing that seemingly makes no sense to anyone but himself.

Didn't they originally intend for the host of Carnage to be a female? Either way, I was never a fan of Cassady, the Joker rip off.

Where is this woman crap coming from???

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Hmmm i always thought a mini on Carnage could be pretty good. Like a character study sort of thing, really delve into the pysche of Kasady.

Wait, Carnage is going to be a woman? Interesting...

I thought this would be a retelling of Canage's origins, but bringing him (Her? IT?)...bringing the symbiote back wit a new host?

Honestly, I hate it when a Symbiote-based character changes identities, but...I miss Scream, and we haven't had a female Symbiote-based character in the longest, and Spidey going up against an insanely powerful female villain/Anti-Venom going up against a femme-symbiote would be soooo fun to read.

But I'm not diggig the writer and artist on board.......:o

Oh, and it was Venom who was originally going to be a woman, never Carnage...Carnage was originally going to be called Ravage, then Chaos, tho.

Last edited:
Hmmm i always thought a mini on Carnage could be pretty good. Like a character study sort of thing, really delve into the pysche of Kasady.
Only, now that Carnage is getting a mini, it's not Kasady. :csad:

Both good, from what I've heard about Tobin. Henry I'm sure about because I've seen plenty of his art and it's awesome.

Yeah, seems like a good team for the kind of title I assume it will. I haven't read anything from Tobin, but seems the a lot of people seem to concur that he's a pretty good writer

Carnage will return to earth in search of a new host. The idea is that when the symbiote was bonded to Cletus it was a baby symbiote as oppose to the symbiote that was bonded to Peter then Eddie which was an adult symbiote. So in essence the baby symbiote was raised by a psycho (Cletus) and now the carnage symbiote is an adult with psychotic behavior. Kind of like a kid that is raised by an abusive parent has a certain complex attached to it. So how do stop an evolved psychotic symbiote from being what it knows to be?

Last edited:
Silly Corp, sonics don't hurt Carnage like they do Venom...:p

Oh, that's right, that only leaves the one weakness to that other incredibly easily obtainable thing. If I were Spider-Man, based on my previous encounters with Carnage, I'd just go ahead and carry around a can of hairspray and a lighter at all times.

Oh, that's right, that only leaves the one weakness to that other incredibly easily obtainable thing. If I were Spider-Man, based on my previous encounters with Carnage, I'd just go ahead and carry around a can of hairspray and a lighter at all times.

Silly Corp. Don't you know Spider-Man has to be an "everyman" and that means never being prepared and treating every fight with any villain as if it is his first? :dry:

Chris Weston is currently drawing remaining issues of Marvel’s “The Twelve,” Straczynski confirmed. “As soon as he is caught up, the book will be coming out.”
Caught up? What the **** has he been doing all this time? I wonder if there's any weight or if this all just bullcrap.

Also kind of amazed at how JMS more or less took a crap on some of his fellow writers pretty brashly in his CC focus. Some of the stuff he said I kind of agreed with, but I can see no doubt that he was who Waid was probably referring to in his twitter during the whole WW fiasco.

EDIT: Though, to be fair, he did kind of crap on some people who deserved to be, but from a professional standpoint, I can see how it would rub some the wrong way.

Wait, wait, wait, who was JMS crapping on and what Waid Wonder Woman fiasco? :huh:

Wait, wait, wait, who was JMS crapping on and what Waid Wonder Woman fiasco? :huh:

JMS' crap landed on Mark Millar, Robinson and the crew behind New Krypton, his co-writer on Ninja Assassin, and maybe Weston. I mean, he didn't come right out and say '**** these guys' or anything (well, he basically did on the Ninja Assassin guy), but he was aiming some pretty negative comments their way in very not-so-subtle ways.

And as far as the Waid thing; Mark Waid posted something on his Twitter whenever the direction on WW was first announced and JMS gave his first interview on the direction that said something to the effect of 'Oh, you great writer, I wish just once you could have your say without diminishing those before you' (I'm paraphrasing, I don't remember the exact quote). Some speculated he was referring to JMS because of the timing, and the fact that JMS kind of took a dump on WW's previous writers in that big interview.

Last edited:
I must know what he said on Millar. It must be funny!

He basically just talked down Civil War and how everything went down in it.

But as Marvel, in Straczynski's view, became more corporate and focused on crossovers, the creative freedom was impeded. “There were many things about 'Civil War' that I didn't agree with,” he added. “Tony Stark being a bad guy, I didn't buy, or Captain America giving up because a mob didn't like him.” He said DC is now the place for “creative freedom.”
So, yeah, he kind of just shot the finger at Marvel, too, for that matter with this one.

Here's the link from cbr, it's basically just a sum up of the transcript of the event.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27474

EDIT: Though, in fairness, he didn't spend the whole panel crapping on people. He did praise Alan Moore and Geoff Johns

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"