• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Marvel Movies: The Best of the 616 and Ultimate Universe?

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
It seems like the best marvel movies take the best of the UU and the 616 universe and blend them together to make a good movie. Many of the themes, costume and concept updates from the UU are included, but the characterization is often from the 616 universe.

Examples:
In the Spider-Man movie the spider was genetically altered instead of radioactive, but Green Goblin was a guy in a costume, instead of a guy who turned into a goblin.

The best example of this is Iron Man, the theme of a super human arms race was used, some of the fun personality quirks from the UU were added to movie Tony, but movie Tony's origin has an updated version of his silver age origin, rather then the stupid origin we saw in UIM.

So anyway, in upcoming movies like Thor, Captain America and Avengers, what elements should be used from the UU and what elements should be used from the 616 universe?

I think they'll definatly use some aspects of The Ultimates in Avengers. Nick Fury's presence in Iron man is also another Ultimate crossover. I'd prefer to see the 616 versions of characters like Cap and Thor however, with smaller parts of their ultimate characterisations thrown in if they add something.

With Thor it's hard to say. Ultimate Thor is kind of easier to integrate into the continuity of Marvel Films, while 616 Thor is more recognizable and iconic.

I like the Ultimate Captain America costumes WWII and the Ultimates version. Although,if the Red Skull is used I would use the 616 version, with maybe the Ultimate look with the tattoos.

Ultimate Thor could translate better, with using some 616 influence with Dr. Donald Blake.

I think Ultimate Hawkeye would translate better than the 616 version. I like both the 616 version and Ultimate version, but if they use the 616 version and a Green Arrow movie comes out before Hawkeye comes out, it may seem like a rip-off.

A stated above, Ultimate Nick Fury is being used already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"