Marvel TV Series Marvel Studios First Animated Production in Over A Decade: "WHAT IF...?"

I wonder who will play the watcher? He’s the key to the whole series. I mean, he’s pretty much the narrator. I hope they get someone with an epic voice

I’m really glad we’re getting this. I voted for most of the poll options lol. I hope it’s successful and encourages Marvel to do more animation.

i would like to see a episode where Loki is the hero and Thor the Villain

I’m really glad we’re getting this. I voted for most of the poll options lol. I hope it’s successful and encourages Marvel to do more animation.

Same, marvel animation has so much potential and it’s a great way to introduce lesser known characters to people

Same, marvel animation has so much potential and it’s a great way to introduce lesser known characters to people
They use to do some really good animated movies. Once the MCU got rolling they dropped animated movies. I hated the motion comic thing they were into making, I watched one and did not enjoy it at all.

How is this the first Marvel Studios animated series in over a decade?

Unless the animation looks good, this would be an instant skip for me. I don't think I have read a What If issue in the comics.

The problem with marvel animation is it all looks the same. It would be fun for them to break the mold a bit. Try some different genres

I want:

What if:

1) Spider-Man joined the Fantastic Four
2) Hulk always had Bruce Banner's brain
3) Rick Jones became the Hulk
4) Iron Man was stranded in King Arthur's time by Dr Doom
5) Secret Wars 25 years later

I still wish this were a live action series rather than animated. I would've liked to see how they did a smaller, polio version of Peggy Carter and then her going through a transformation. Would they have bulked her up to give her muscles though?

Would've also been cool to see her chasing the Hydra agent through the streets as well and leaping over cars. Surely the First Avenger should've been the easiest one to recreate, because they could reuse some scenes, while using some things they had created for Agent Carter.

I live action "What If..?" would be too costly and be an inevitable inconvenience when fans start clamoring to see more "What If" characters they like or even a series or film. This makes it easier all around.

Last edited:
How is this the first Marvel Studios animated series in over a decade?
You might be thinking of Marvel Animation, which has produced shows like "Avengers Assemble" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" and is a different production company.

Ugggh .. I really like the WHAT IF concepts, but would've loved it if it was live-action.
As in, a different WHAT IF story for each episode, so we could see like Evans and so in their roles one last time.

You might be thinking of Marvel Animation, which has produced shows like "Avengers Assemble" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" and is a different production company.
Has Marvel Studios ever produced an animated show? It's only existed since Captain America: Civil War.

Has Marvel Studios ever produced an animated show? It's only existed since Captain America: Civil War.

Not sure what you mean but there’s guardians of the galaxy and avengers assemble?

While the poll options are all neat stories, I am pretty sure this series will be about What-Ifs of the MCU events.
So, what possibilities do you folks look forward to?

While the poll options are all neat stories, I am pretty sure this series will be about What-Ifs of the MCU events.
So, what possibilities do you folks look forward to?

Yeah, that's kind of where they should go with this...

It would be cool to see various What-If comic stories that are classics but the basis for such is off of classic 616 comics that some MCU fans probably wouldn't be all that interested in seeing let alone the general audience gaining interest over something they're not familiar with.

That being said, I think this show has potential. What-If Vol.1 had back-up stories tangential to Marvel comics with the Eternal storyline retconning Uranians and Titanians being connected with Kirby's eternals. Why not make this a vehicle for Marvel shorts of some sort as well? A kind of short webisode back-up story that could cap-off various episodes or since it's online have the option of clicking on bonus extras to go along with a particular episode? That would be neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"