Marvel Zombies Vs. The Army Of Darkness

Spidey_Zombie

Civilian
Reaction score
AOD2SMALLcopy.jpg

The title says it all. This March, Ash will be paying a visit to the Marvel Zombies universe in a 5 part prequel to the original Marvel Zombies miniseries!

Now even if you didn't like the original Marvel Zombies, you can't deny that the concept of Ash fighting zombie superheroes is just damn cool. I can hardly wait to see who Ash will team up with/ blow away during his visit to MZ universe!

PREVIEW: Marvel Zombies/Army of Darkness #3

"Dimension-hopping hero Ashley Williams offers the last hope to the few non-infected humans left in New York. But that hope is contingent upon him retrieving the mystic tome known as The Necronomicon. And right now, ol¹ Ash isn¹t in any condition to retrieve it-considering he was jumped by a zombiefied alien and now lies stone dead. How bad can it get?"
Cover: Arthur Suydam
Written: John Layman
Artist: Fabiano Neves
On Sale: May 2
32 pages/$2.99.
Labels: Army Of Darkness, Arthur Suydam, Fabiano Neves, John Layman, Marvel Zombies, Preview

Got both issues so far. Kinda had to, I love Ash. The comic isn't too bad, I'm enjoying it. Take a quick look through it :up:

So is Ultimate Dr Doom still in the zombie universe?

So far it's hilarious. There's nothing like seeing your standard superhero universe broken up with some zombies and a few random panels of Ash wailing on an old bag lady thrown in.

Also that panel with the blob in issue 2 had me laughing for like half an hour

Love it

The only drawback is that Punisher dies in a few panels. An Ash/Punisher team up would have been amazing

Why in those panels des he have two Flesh hands?

and I wanna se how Ash bounces back from [blackout]Howard the Duck biting off the top is his head and eating his brain[/blackout]

The Ash that got eaten was that universe's Ash.

yeah that makes sense!!
i'm not a big fan of zombie stuff..it kinda freaks me out..long story!..
but i have liked the marvel zombies and MZ v AoD too...i do wanna see something happen with these zombie things...and i'd like sentry to be the one who puts it right,as in it starts and ends with him.

So far it's better than the MAIN AoD books, thankfully!

it's not unreadable, but it's nowhere near the original marvel zombies series.

The Ash that got eaten was that universe's Ash.

That kinda makes sense, but there is no Ash in the MU???

But aside from that, loving this.

In the first issue, where a misguided Ash helps the wrecking crew defeat DD, convinced he has done a great job, was funny as hell.

it's not unreadable, but it's nowhere near the original marvel zombies series.

I'll have to disagree with you on that.

While Marvel Zombies was a LOAD of fun, the story was pretty hollow. Whenever a "hero" began to emerge, Magneto or Silver Surfer he was killed off. This was likely intentional as a means to shock the reader but the end left me on a real downer.

The Bad Guys won. Its the same reason I dropped the new version of The Thunderbolts after two issues.

I suppose there was the Black Panther but all he did was wander around the city for a bit before getting picked up.

Here, we've got Ash. Nuff said. We know he's going to fail (the planet's doomed), but we know he has to escape somehow and I'm looking forward to that much at least.

I'll have to disagree with you on that.

While Marvel Zombies was a LOAD of fun, the story was pretty hollow. Whenever a "hero" began to emerge, Magneto or Silver Surfer he was killed off. This was likely intentional as a means to shock the reader but the end left me on a real downer.

The Bad Guys won. Its the same reason I dropped the new version of The Thunderbolts after two issues.

I suppose there was the Black Panther but all he did was wander around the city for a bit before getting picked up.

Here, we've got Ash. Nuff said. We know he's going to fail (the planet's doomed), but we know he has to escape somehow and I'm looking forward to that much at least.

I kinda agree...I wanted Panther and the acolytes to step up but they just kinda ran...I at least want Ash to escape and kick some ass in the process.

This is deliciously off-beat, and I like it.

That kinda makes sense, but there is no Ash in the MU???

This isn't the Marvel U, this is an alternate universe. That's why Cap is called Colonel America and most characters are in older variations of their costumes.

And who's to say there is no Ash in the Marvel U?

Exactly. This series is for everyone that wants to see a real hero stand up to these damn zombies. And what better hero than f-ing ASH. The guy who's looked right into the face of evil and said "Yo she-***** . . Let's go!"

If we have to explain it to you, you'll never get it.

::SPOILERS::

From the solicits to AOD/MZ 5 it looks like Ash considers to bring in the actual AOD . . as in, the army of darkness/demons/skeletons. I'm guessing that greatly helps in the destruction of that world.

Poor Ash. Always one step behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"