• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Marvel's President Of Animation On What's Next For The Company

Nightwing 52

Things change
Reaction score
Source
Eric Rollman talks to C21 Media about some surprising characters that Marvel plan on animating for the small screen in the near future...

Since being aquired by Disney, Marvel have ramped up production on their animated projects which is good news for Eric Rollman who has helmed Marvel Animation for six years as president. Here, he talks about what they're planning next as well as what it's like to work alongside Disney.

On Marvel's Animation Plans:

"Marvel is very bullish on animation and has fully funded its third 52-episode series. In the past, we never did that and the great thing about being part of the Disney family is that the company is made up of animators. They respect it and understand that it's animation that drives consumer products, and so our strategic business is the same."

On What We Can Expect To See From Them:

"We have a primetime series called Marvel Knights, which deals with more adult themes. The tagline reads, 'Move over kids, daddy's watching Marvel.'"

Interestingly, the site also reports that Marvel "...is expected to roll out new adaptations of The Hulk, Iron Man and Spider-Man, as well as lesser-known characters such as Black Panther, Nighthawk and Tigra.

On Teaming With Japan's Madhouse Studios:

"Madhouse has said that it is willing to work with us and interpret the characters into animé. We've really let Madhouse run free with it, as long as it respects the integrity of the characters. It's going to reach very broadly and tie in with lots of pieces of the culture there.

Also according to the site, the series' that they're working on will be, "...released in Japan this year and across the rest of the world in 2011."

Marvel Knights was the name of Daredevil's unamed team and the original members consisted of Black Widow, Dagger, Cloak, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Punisher, Shang-Chi, and Ghost Rider. So out of the other projects, this one sounds interesting - especially since it won't be your average kids show and a lot of the characters on that team have an "edge" to them. Good stuff.

Series better be on cable so we get something with teeth and not some lame take.

Fingers crossed for Marvel Knights!

"fully funded its third 52-episode series" Which series is he talking about?

Interestingly, the site also reports that Marvel "...is expected to roll out new adaptations of The Hulk, Iron Man and Spider-Man, as well as lesser-known characters such as Black Panther, Nighthawk and Tigra.

New adaptations on Hulk and Iron Man? :awesome::woot::awesome::woot:

Please, please, PLEASE have them do away with that awful teen Tony bull**** they're showing right now.

New adaptations on Hulk and Iron Man? :awesome::woot::awesome::woot:

Please, please, PLEASE have them do away with that awful teen Tony bull**** they're showing right now.

Anything Marvel doesn't 100% control is getting cancelled

Spectacular Spider-Man GONE
Wolverine & The X Men GONE
Iron Man Armored ONLY around because Nicktoons already greenlit the show.

Marvel Knights would be awesome.But would it be an anthology series where each character gets the spotlight or an actually team cartoon?

Marvel Knights sounds cool, but nothing will give me more pleasure than seeing the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series fail.

Everything I just read has me excited! More animated Spider-Man? Excellent! But Hulk too...ever better! Not sure what to think of Marvel Knights just yet.

oh my god is this article for real? I really want something like Marvel Knights in animation! and more Marvel/anime! and Tigra! I really want to see Tigra done well!

If Disney does it well and I mean good animation that sticks to the animation and is properly adult, I will feel much better about them seizing the Marvel U.

Marvel Knights would be awesome.But would it be an anthology series where each character gets the spotlight or an actually team cartoon?
Good question. Could be either really..Like the JLU cartoon where some heroes got their own episodes with some help from others or on occasion you had the whole team (or parts of them anyway) for whatever threat they faced. I'd be fine with that, but if we got spotlight eps then I hope we see Daredevil and Moon Knight in their respected worlds. Cause we all know how crazy MK can be. :awesome:

And I think a Nighthawk series could work - just my two cents on that bit of the article.

I think both Moon Knight and Daredevil could carry their own Animated shows or hell live action shows.There is a lot to work with.

Yeah.

With DD you have:
Obviously his nightly ventures as Daredevil.
His day job as Matt Murdock.
A good rogues gallery - lots of interesting villains to tackle.
The Hand.
Several love interests (Elektra, Black Widow, etc)
Supporting characters

While Moon Knight has:
Khonsu and being his avatar
His long battle with Bushman stemming from their past
MK's split personalities
Going bat****crazy on criminals (depending if he's Marc or Jake)
Also supporting characters and villains like The Profile
Marlene

Loads of potential.

Presumably the upcoming "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes".

As long as they never acknowledge the horrible Black Panther cartoon that was supposed to be on BET, there's hope for the future as a Panther fan. They need to go in the opposite direction of that show as far as possible.

Ultimate Spiderman is getting 52 episodes? damn thats 26 more than Spectacular got

Anything Marvel doesn't 100% control is getting cancelled

Spectacular Spider-Man GONE
Wolverine & The X Men GONE
Iron Man Armored ONLY around because Nicktoons already greenlit the show.

Spider-Man and the X-Men should've stayed while Iron Boy should've been canned mid-season.

Hopefully this is the last season for that mess.

Marvel Knights would be awesome!!! A show with Daredevil, Moon Knight, Black Widow, Ghost Rider, Luke Cage, etc, for teens/adults. Sounds perfect to me, street level heroes are my favorite!!!

"We have a primetime series called Marvel Knights, which deals with more adult themes. The tagline reads, 'Move over kids, daddy's watching Marvel.'"

:woot: Best news I've heard all month about ANYTHING!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"