Marvel's Rated R properties

Midnyte_Sun

Medianoche de Sol
Reaction score
midnightsons.jpg

Characters/Potential Franchises like Blade, Werewolf by Night, Morbius, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Punisher, the Darkhold Redeemers, Nightstalkers, Marvel Zombies, Kick-Ass, Wolverine can all go hard R, and it's common knowledge that the Disney Channel won't air anything R rated, nor will they publish an R-rated movie.

Netflix shows are dying down, Defenders Season 2 was rejected, and the only viable shows left are Daredevil and Punisher. Since Hulu and Netflix are potentials for future darker Marvel series to be published, do you think they will simply be low budget serials or will Marvel release movies on these two platforms?

I think Marvel is wasting some potential with not releasing anything for a mature audience. Blade, Ghost Rider, all deserve the Marvel treatment.

midnightsons.jpg

Characters/Potential Franchises like Blade, Werewolf by Night, Morbius, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Punisher, the Darkhold Redeemers, Nightstalkers, Marvel Zombies, Kick-Ass, Wolverine can all go hard R, and it's common knowledge that the Disney Channel won't air anything R rated, nor will they publish an R-rated movie.

Netflix shows are dying down, Defenders Season 2 was rejected, and the only viable shows left are Daredevil and Punisher. Since Hulu and Netflix are potentials for future darker Marvel series to be published, do you think they will simply be low budget serials or will Marvel release movies on these two platforms?

I think Marvel is wasting some potential with not releasing anything for a mature audience. Blade, Ghost Rider, all deserve the Marvel treatment.

I don't know if these'll feature MA or R rating or not but the future rundown seems to be non-Marvel related Netflix wise:
Mark Millar Netflix TV and Movies: Netflix Greenlights 2 TV Series & 3 Films Based On Mark Millar Works Including ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’, ‘Empress’ & ‘Huck’

Mark Millar Comic Books after Netflix Deal: Mark Millar and Netflix set Action-Packed Prodigy as Second Comic Book Franchise

Frank Millar Producing w/Netflix: Frank Miller's Netflix Series Cursed Casts 13 Reasons Why Star

Hulu+Disney Streaming:
Hulu more than likely will feature more mature content if Marvel opts to go that route according to some older news reports pertaining to Disney's acquisition of Fox leading to of course higher stake of ownership in Hulu. Perhaps Marvel TV will make something on that end.

Reports concerning a shift away from Ike Perlmutter's authority on the TV end and Marvel Studio's movie division branching into TV on the Disney platform does make me wonder though if Marvel TV will simply sync up with Marvel Studio's making things albeit more connected as things go forward though.

Overall, I'd say there'll perhaps be a few more MA rated new shows in the future but R-Rated movie content is unlikely to be a major focus.

I think a Marvel inspired horror-anthology show would be great. The budget could be flexed without midseason lag.

Juvenile stuff like Deadpool, Wanted, Kingsmen, or Kickass I could do without though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"