• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Avengers Marvel's The Avengers (Video Game)

What sort of surprised me is that there was no Dark Knight videogame. I mean there was Arkham Asylum eventually but that was sort of its own thing.
I heard it got scrapped or something.

Blade 2 game got terrible reviews as I recall.

It might be like the X-Men: The Official Game where each character has his/her own level. I loved that.

It would be cool if they could make a Call of Dutyesque game but with superheroes. I don't think Sega would try anything that ambitious though.

They only have the rights to the games based on movies though so maybe when Disney takes over they can do something although I don't really think of great games when I think of Disney.

It would be cool if they could make a Call of Dutyesque game but with superheroes. I don't think Sega would try anything that ambitious though.

They only have the rights to the games based on movies though so maybe when Disney takes over they can do something although I don't really think of great games when I think of Disney.

The Kingdom Hearts games springs to mind, though it was more of collaboration between Disney Interactive Studio and Square Enix. I can't say because I haven't play the game yet but another one could be Epic Mickey.

As for the The Avengers video-game, I have zero expectations for it.

Captain America is being developed by Next Level Games. They made one of my favorite games of all time... yes... all time! Punch Out for the Wii. As long as the Cap game is good, then have Next Level Games do it again.

I wish Disney would get the rights back for this and Iron Man 3 like they did the movies.

Tron wasn't half bad. Or at least not as bad as the SEGA movie based games.

Have the people who made like Epic Mickey do the Iron Man and Avengers games :D

Every good game needs time. Even if they didn't have any info on what the Movie is going to be like, they could still start with the basics. Like what kind of game is it going to be and how every character is going to play like. Get the engine running and fill in the blanks later.

Last edited:
Man, I hate Sega. They've sucked ever since the Dreamcast died.

Why couldn't Marvel give the rights to Activision? They've done good with Marvel movie games alot of the time. Spider-Man 3 & Wolverine Origins were fun, while Spider-Man 2 is one of the best movie & comic games.

Wolverine Origins was only good because Raven Software was already working on a different Wolverine game. I haven't played SM3 yet, though I haven't exactly heard many good things about it. Anything it did well, was build on what they did in SM2.

So even if Activision had gotten the rights, there's no guarantee they would have delivered great games, since they would have had to start from scratch for every single one of these heroes. Just like Sega.

It is pretty baffling why Marvel went with Sega in the first place for the video games deal, here's hoping that Disney will find a way to get the rights back.

I think it's because Sega makes games quickly and cheaply and they make alot of money doing it. Why be great when being average pays the bills?

What's sad, is that people don't learn. They still buy the games. We got 3 mediocre games by Sega and yet I've seen people look forward to Thor. And even though they acknowledge it's average at best, they are actually fine with it. No wonder we don't get quality Marvel games anymore, except for a few rare gems here and there.

What's sad, is that people don't learn. They still buy the games. We got 3 mediocre games by Sega and yet I've seen people look forward to Thor. And even though they acknowledge it's average at best, they are actually fine with it. No wonder we don't get quality Marvel games anymore, except for a few rare gems here and there.
Agreed, still there's a little hope for Captain America game to become one of those rare gems that you're talking about.

Eh.. I'm not convinced by it.
I kinda am. I mean, the gameplay is good & kicking (a nice cross between Prince of Persia & Batman: Arkham Asylum - lol, someone suggested to call this game - Captain America: Nazi Asylum). The graphics aren't quite the top notch, but it's not as bad as the graphics in Iron Man & Thor games. The story is written by Christos Gage + they have Arnim Zola, Strucker, Viper & other cool villains in the game, which is cool.

So, I'm looking forward to it.

I agree that the Cap game looks good, but I won't hold my breath. On the topic of an Avengers game, I think a good way this could be done, though probably unlike because it would take a good deal of work... Would be a free roam game where you can play as any of the main 4 handling things in their own unique ways, and then have the ability to call in members of the team, or the whole team in a way similar to SM WOS. Obviously letting you switch characters whenever you want.

I actually played the Thor game and it's one of the worst PS3 games I have ever played. Controls are terrible, the framerate is rough and looks choppy. The game doesn't even look finished. Thor is the epitome of bad comic book and movie tie-in games. The QTE sequences work horribly.

No offense but I want SEGA off these properties now. They are ruining these characters.

Listen I know people don't always expect much from movie tie-in games, but I mean even Lord of the Rings (Two Towers and Return of the King) had fun, cool games. Spider-Man 2 was the peak. Why can't we have better games?

Avengers could be so awesome, why settle for mediocrity? I mean look at what Marvel vs. Capcom did. I mean even look at what Wolverine did with a little more time and effort.

Even X2: Wolverine's Revenge was a better game than this. I just . . . I can't believe something this terrible was put out.

An example of my frustration with the game is basically like when you are trying to jump over a space Thor just pointlessly walks right into the chasm while the controller refuses to acknowledge me smashing the jump button. The boss fights go on forever and are tiresome and the way you are supposed to grapple and QTE them is extremely hard and makes no sense.

All the levels also look the same. It's really a shame.

It seems that the Cap game may of had some development time. I remember the game originally being shown with the 616 costume, which might of happened because the studio was working on the game before they got details of the movie. I'm not expecting much, but I'll keep my eye on that game.

No, the first trailer had the 616 suit because the movie suit had yet to be revealed. It's just one of many unlockable outfits in the game, but probably vloser to few than many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"