Marvel's What If...? - General Discussion

They could, but you are ignoring the basic concept of the show. This is the idea that interested them and it's what we're getting.

Plus, from a basic strategic POV, it's creating more viewing hours on the platform

I am assuming, that there won't be any episodes for Homecoming and Far From Home, because of the deal with Sony

I've read that the Spider-Man movies will get What If...? episodes because this is an animated TV program, which Marvel has been able to do for years outside of the SONY deal.

I doubt Marvel Studio's will have an episode with Tom Holland's Spider-Man. About a month ago shortly after the Disney deal with Sony renewed loose rumors floated about pertaining to an animated series with Tom Holland's Spider-Man. Perhaps this is a negotiating tactic to get some deal going with Sony having some of their content (more than just Spider-Man) appear on Disney+. :cwink:

All that's in development animation wise pertaining to Spiderman is the Disney Jr. show being produced by Marvel TV as announced at D23. I suppose that led to some getting excited proclaiming after the Sony deal there might be an animated show with Holland's Spider-Man as well.:shrug:

Last edited:
I doubt Marvel Studio's will have an episode with Tom Holland's Spider-Man. About a month ago shortly after the Disney deal with Sony renewed loose rumors floated about pertaining to an animated series with Tom Holland's Spider-Man. Perhaps this is a negotiating tactic to get some deal going with Sony having some of their content (more than just Spider-Man) appear on Disney+. :cwink:

I wouldn't be suprised considering they have a pretty profitable relationship at the moment.Sony could ship the Lord & Miller Spider-Verse shows, but Disney is the logical fit and the play to solidify the partnership on a longer term basis. Not just for Spidey, but Sony creating content for Disney, in particular Hulu.

They could, but you are ignoring the basic concept of the show. This is the idea that interested them and it's what we're getting.

Plus, from a basic strategic POV, it's creating more viewing hours on the platform
They could but they didn't. Because if live action and animation films are really the same thing to them, and then they would go all out, including a theaterical release just with like their tentpole films.

And, like I've already said this sometime in the past, the this show being greenlit in the 1st place is more of a content addition to Disney+, than Marvel Studios really wanting to do a What If? cartoon series that is in traditional animation.

These episodes look like they will be very interesting now that we're seeing more of what material they're covering.

With Wandavision and F&WS being late, why they dont push this one? Seems very easy to finish this one and publish it.
I cancelled Disney+.

my guess as well - its not conected to the upcoming movies (which is probably another reason to put WandaVision on hold)

It's also animated, which is easier to produce through remote working.

It now looks that What If? may potentially be Chadwick Boseman's last appearance in the MCU. It just depends whether or not he actually completed his voiceover work for the show.

I love the storyline for his "What If" episode. It will certainly be a different side of T'Challa. Less stoic without the burden of being king weighing on him. I hope his voicework was completed, if not perhaps they could use some audio from the films to complete it.

I love the storyline for his "What If" episode. It will certainly be a different side of T'Challa. Less stoic without the burden of being king weighing on him. I hope his voicework was completed, if not perhaps they could use some audio from the films to complete it.

What is the storyline in his episode?

I don't know if I can mention the specifics, because it's based on leaked artwork.

Generally speaking, it's T'Challa raised in outer space instead of Wakanda.

I’m really looking forward to this, I wonder what other stories they’re doing other than those shown in the trailer.

Chadwick's final appearance as T'Challa.:(

With Wandavision, Spiderman, Strange, Loki, Antman is all about multiverse I get the feeling that this show could be more close to the overall plot for phase 4 then I expected earlier.

Maybe there will be some easter eggs in the movies for this.

It would also be neat if having a character land at different points in time within the 616 universe seeing certain comic stories playing out verbatim as we have seen in the comics.

Pick some classic storylines having a cosmic overseer character travelling through different Universes at different points in time as s homage piece to the comics I think would be fun if only 1 episode at some point if more seasons of this are made?

Any ideas, on what will be the what if-incident, so that Doctor Strange is fighting against himself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"