• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mass Effect 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I'll ever have Tali be the love interest. It's way too weird. She's like Shep's kid sister.

I thought so too until Joker told me... she's not. :eek:

My main Shepard tho, Ashley. I pretended to like Poetry for that woman. :o

i cant see the time frame between ME2 and ME3 being more than a couple months at the most...me2 ended with
the reapers approaching the galaxy...so unless they arent as advanced as the technology they gave us (mass effect relays) then id say they are pretty much there.

You're talking about the "Hold the Line" segment, I'm betting.

The X-Factor there is survivability/squishiness/splatability. If you leave squishies at the hold the line segment without sufficient defensive-oriented characters, some of the squishies will die. Reasoning: they don't have the know-how to handle a siege-like situation, nor the training, nor the armor/body to take more than a few hits.

Mordin, Tali, and Legion are the main squishies, I think in that order in the ME2 algorithms. After them, I know Jack and Thane are considered squishies, but I don't remember their order. That's mostly moot, though, since usually it's just Mordin who dies.

Easiest way to prevent this from happening is sending Mordin back with the crew, and leaving Grunt, Garrus, and Zaeed at the line. Loyalty obviously matters, as it does with just about everything in the suicide mission.

You don't have to do that exactly, but it's the way to play it safe. I'll note that in my first playthrough, not knowing what mattered and what didn't, I actually send Jacob back with the crew. I left Mordin and Tali at the line along with an unloyal Legion, and took Jack and Thane with me to the final boss, I believe. Everyone survived.

In subsequent playthroughs I usually send Mordin back with the crew and take Miranda and Thane with me to the final boss. As long as you leave Grunt and Garrus and both are loyal, I think it pretty much doesn't matter.

On the other hand, if what you're talking about is your taking them with you to the final boss (that is, Mordin or Tali) and they're dying after the long fall where Shepard hoists the beams off his squadmates, then that means they're unloyal. All unloyal party members die if brought to the final boss, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Hope that helps. If you have any questions, just ask.

I'm gonna keep that in mind next time. Before I play ME3, I'm gonna re-do my Femshep's story to make sure everything is perfect.

I chose Miranda for my main male Shepard, the main reason why it's probably because I got a crush on Yvonne Strahovski. :p

Chuck is one of my favorite shows, and obviously I do have a crush for Yvonne Strahovski as well. Needless to say picking love interest for Shepard is a no-brainer. :cwink:

Btw, do you guys like to keep the original name & face/physique of Shepard? I made an Asian Shepard but it feels kind of weird to me, so I'll probably stick with the default look instead.

Btw, do you guys like to keep the original name & face/physique of Shepard? I made an Asian Shepard but it feels kind of weird to me, so I'll probably stick with the default look instead.
I tried once. I spent almost 35 minutes toying with a new look and figuring out the length of things I wanted for his nose, etc. Until I just decided to forget all about it. The final result of my attempt to change the look bugged me and I much prefer the default appearance anyway. Feels more natural and I've always liked the facial expressions.

The face of Shepard is based on a model named Mark Vanderloo.

mass2.jpg

i cant see the time frame between ME2 and ME3 being more than a couple months at the most...me2 ended with
the reapers approaching the galaxy...so unless they arent as advanced as the technology they gave us (mass effect relays) then id say they are pretty much there.

The Reapers are in Dark Space, beyond the edge of the galaxy. It's intimated by both Sovereign, I think, and at least definitely by Vigil, that this is not a short distance that can be overcome easily by something simple like FTL travel. There's a reason they were using the Citadel as a Mass Relay, and there's a reason the civilizations use Mass Relay within the galaxy.

This.

Generally I do go with the hard-as-nails non-American woman with dark hair but Miranda didn't really do anything for me.

Tali for MaleShep and Garrus for FemShep.

Last edited:
Liara for my main Femshep. Still undecided if I want to stick with Ashley or go with the "pick me" choice in Miranda for the man. Jakob for my other Femshep.

[BLACKOUT]The attack on earth could happen toward the end of the game. Like with Mass Effect 2, they'll probably go with the two disc route. the first will probably be everything leading up the the invasion, then the second couldb the invasion itself. I'm going to bet that the attack on Earth is a surprise, or the tech found on Mars that supplied Earth with the ability to go FTL factors into the story.[/BLACKOUT]

We'll probably get to see Arcturus Station which is the Systems Alliance HQ.

The Reapers are in Dark Space, beyond the edge of the galaxy. It's intimated by both Sovereign, I think, and at least definitely by Vigil, that this is not a short distance that can be overcome easily by something simple like FTL travel. There's a reason they were using the Citadel as a Mass Relay, and there's a reason the civilizations use Mass Relay within the galaxy.

yea...but vigil and sovereign was over 2 years ago by the end of ME2.

If the Reapers flew here they may be low on resources and power and such, dangerously so.

[BLACKOUT]The attack on earth could happen toward the end of the game. Like with Mass Effect 2, they'll probably go with the two disc route. the first will probably be everything leading up the the invasion, then the second couldb the invasion itself. I'm going to bet that the attack on Earth is a surprise, or the tech found on Mars that supplied Earth with the ability to go FTL factors into the story.[/BLACKOUT]

highly doubtful. the teaser for mass effect 2 was shepard dead. well, that happened in the first minute of me2. so i doubt the invasion of earth is anywhere after the first 30 min of ME3

Y'know, it would be incredibly awesome if they opened with Earth being attacked. :up:

I can't wait to see the look on the Citadel Council's face when the Reapers finally make themselves known to the whole galaxy.

I seriously hope they give us a Paragone/Renegade "told ya so" type option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"