• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matt Reeves, Gary Whitta to Adapt 'Mouse Guard

Is that when Nolan's new movie is filming?

Yes... That was the speculation I read but I suppose it’s wrong since we already know the primary cast of Nolan and he’s not on it.

Yes... That was the speculation I read but I suppose it’s wrong since we already know the primary cast of Nolan and he’s not on it.

Could be a surprise, Nolan likes his secrets. :D

Last edited:
‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Actress Sonoya Mizuno Lands Title Role In Fox’s ‘Mouse Guard’ Movie

Sonoya Mizuno, who played Araminta Lee, a.k.a the bride, in Warner Bros hit rom-com Crazy Rich Asians, has been tapped as the title character in 20th Century FOX's Wes Ball-directed Mouse Guard, the film adaptation to David Petersen’s Eisner-winning comic book series.

She joins Andy Serkis, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, and Idris Elba in the film, which will be shot using motion capture.

Timewasters was hilarious.

‘Mouse Guard’ Halted Two Weeks From Production Start; Casualty Of Disney Merger?

Two weeks out from its production start, the Fox motion capture picture Mouse Guard has been mouse trapped by Disney. The project was developed by Fox with the adaptation of David Petersen’s Eisner-winning comic book series to be directed by Wes Ball. The film had set to star Idris Elba, Andy Serkis, Thomas Brodie-Sangster and Sonoya Mizuno, the latter of whom starred in Crazy Rich Asians and was just recently set to play the title character in the motion capture shot film.

This is happening in real time, and I heard Disney brass looked at it carefully and the feeling was it wasn’t a good fit. It’s Game of Thrones with mice. This isn’t to say Disney isn’t leaning in on Fox-developed films, with the Avatar films, Kingsman, the Fear Street trilogy, Free Guy, West Side Story and Death on the Nile all coming

The filmmakers are now trying to set it up elsewhere, including at Netflix.

I was about to say something bad about Disney but then Wes Ball posted this video and... um.

Those mice are ugly as sin, maybe cancelling the movie wasn't a bad idea after all. :hehe: Mice are the most adorable creatures on Earth, it takes effort to make them ugly.

These concept arts are cool, though.

D99kZEZUEAAUGLf

D965yl9WwAERXl2

D98ViCTXoAApmoA

D965yl4XsAAyJmT

mg.png

I get that this is only a demo reel but the characters didn't have to be so unpleasant looking... they look like freaking Brain. I'm sorry but I'm not exactly shocked that Disney rejected this.

demo reel looked amazing such a shame
I'm sure the finished product would've looked great, but, again, how many people even remember Legend of the Guardians (Aka that animated owl movie Zack Snyder made in 2010)? Those who did didn't care for it for various reasons and from what i heard it was far too brutal even for a kids movie and not in a Don Bluth way. Typical Snyder, of course.

Now, I admittedly know very little about the source material this movie is based on, but how is it content-wise compared to Legend of the Guardians?

But hey...at least the MCU is more complete right? Right? Wasn't that the end goal of Disney acquiring more properties, damn the consequences of everything else in the process? That's what everyone seemed to be saying for the past year or so...

Hopefully this comes to light at a studio that actually would take risks.

Judging the way the mice look in a “demo/proof of concept” is a bit dim especially when it says characters will look differently in final version once WETA gets ahold to em. It’s sad this has been canceled but I hope some studio will pick this up. Never heard of this series before I’m gonna have to find the books.

I really like what was shown. Too bad they canceled this. Seeing all that work that didn’t lead to a finished film... too bad.

Judging the way the mice look in a “demo/proof of concept” is a bit dim especially when it says characters will look differently in final version once WETA gets ahold to em. It’s sad this has been canceled but I hope some studio will pick this up. Never heard of this series before I’m gonna have to find the books.
And there’s that brief mocap clip in the tweet that shows a mouse looking closer to the original art style.

It looks interesting but I don't think Disney is missing anything from not making this movie.

Netflix needs to rescue this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"