Max: The Artist Formerly Known as HBO Max

Rami Malek was definitely miscast, but I also think getting the director of The Blind Side and The Alamo to do a 90 esque serial killer film was a huge mistake as well and I actually like most of John Lee Hancock's films, but he wasn't a good fit for it at all and it shows.

Oddly enough, The Little Things was written before Seven in 1993 for Steven Spielberg to direct. That script has floated around forever. We now know why it was never made for so long. It sucked

After watching The Little Things... I'm really doubling down on the idea of WB being fine with doing this because they knew most of the movies wouldn't make money anyway

Just got around to watching The Little Things and I actually enjoyed it. Thought the ending wasn’t too great as it felt unresolved but upon a second rewatch there were a few little things (pun intended) that I picked up on that made the film better for me

Jared Leto’s performance was the definite highlight for me. He was both creepy and funny. That would have been PERFECT for his take on Joker

Um. Have they even casted this yet? Director?

Well the encouraging part about GL filming in LA is that they won’t be pulling from the same Vancouver pool of actors that the Arrowverse shows do. We might actually get some decent names in this show.

That'll finally make it a success!

As long as he keeps the blond hair.

wesley-snipes-in-demolition-man.jpg

I was watching the Shreik episodes of Batman Beyond last night and I remembered why I love that show this much. I guess why I own the whole set. Well I own the whole set digitally and I purchased the blu-ray because it came with the chrome BB figure.

Well the encouraging part about GL filming in LA is that they won’t be pulling from the same Vancouver pool of actors that the Arrowverse shows do. We might actually get some decent names in this show.

Now that we have HBOMax, can we please obliterate the CW crap? Superhero shows on the CW makes it feel like we're still stuck in the 90's - 00's with cheap looking superhero shows. I can appreciate the ambition sometimes, but the fact they don't have the money combined with just how they make their shows just makes it embarrassing. If you can make GOT look like a movie, I don't see how you can't do it with superheroes. Crazy right? Just keep the progressive casting principle and leave everything else. Make a new Batwoman show!

Last edited:
Now that we have HBOMax, can we please obliterate the CW crap? Superhero shows on the CW makes it feel like we're still stuck in the 90's - 00's with cheap looking superhero shows. I can appreciate the ambition sometimes, but the fact they don't have the money combined with just how they make their shows just makes it embarrassing. If you can make GOT look like a movie, I don't see how you can't do it with superheroes. Crazy right? Just keep the progressive casting principle and leave everything else. Make a new Batwoman show!
CW shows almost feel like a cheap money grab, like the Asylum version of superhero shows. I can't believe people still watch them.

It looks like it’s going for a Brave and the Bold aesthetic. Not a bad thing

Looks more like a Adventuretime sort of thing. I don't mind the style as long as it works for what it is. I'd have to see more of it before I make full judgement. Just as long as it isn't trend chasing like that awful looking Star Trek Lower Decks show. This is WB though so I wouldn't put it past them for this to be awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"