Sequels MCU Phase X - Map out Marvel Stud10s' X-Men films in the 2020s!

Reaction score
This is just for the X-Men films, it can be a team film like Dark Phoenix or a solo film like Origins Wolverine. Feel free to include the X-Men's cameo in non X-Men films like Eternals or Black Widow. Also if you have some ideas for the 2030s and beyond, don't be shy to include them despite the title thread only mentioning the 2020s. I'll start this thread with my list:

X-Men Begin
Aveng5rs: The Black Knight (post credits or mid credits tease)

X-Men Here We Go Again!

Avengers vs X-Men (not Xactly based on the comics' AvX storyarc)

X-Men Beyond

X-Men Legacy
Avengers 7 (some of the X-Men maybe 1 to 3 joined the Avengers)

X-Men Order of the Phoenix

xmen blue
Xmen gold

Avengers (beast joins)

Storm solo
Xmen blue 2

Xmen gold 2
Xmen age of apocalpse

Wolverine: best there is

I think future X-men's MCU will be all focalised on recent comics

I think probable avengers vs x-men movie crossover will focus on dark pheonix Jean grey's come back, after her death before phase 1, young x-men were disbanded. Phase 4 X-men are reunited again (Avengers want to eliminate her, X-men want to save her even if she's dangerous)

This is just for the X-Men films, it can be a team film like Dark Phoenix or a solo film like Origins Wolverine. Feel free to include the X-Men's cameo in non X-Men films like Eternals or Black Widow. Also if you have some ideas for the 2030s and beyond, don't be shy to include them despite the title thread only mentioning the 2020s. I'll start this thread with my list:

X-Men Begin
Aveng5rs: The Black Knight (post credits or mid credits tease)

X-Men Here We Go Again!

Avengers vs X-Men (not Xactly based on the comics' AvX storyarc)

X-Men Beyond

X-Men Legacy
Avengers 7 (some of the X-Men maybe 1 to 3 joined the Avengers)

X-Men Order of the Phoenix

that was kind of a joke right?

I mean, Im 90% sure you dont expect Marvel to do a X-Men movie by year, right? lol.

neither each 2 years. The most logical/reasonable move is to release a team movie after 3 years, just like Fox used to do back in the day, same with Marvel with Avengers 1, 2 and 3. That way, the other years have some free spots to other heroes, characters, spinoffs or new properties.

- X-Men: Essex (2021)
- X-Men: Brotherhood (2023)
- X-Men: Friends of Humanity (2025)
- X-Men: Savage Land (2027)
- X-Men: Mutant Massacre (2029)
- X-Men: The Phoenix Saga Part 1 and Part 2 (2030-2031)

Last edited:
that was kind of a joke right?

I mean, Im 90% sure you dont expect Marvel to do a X-Men movie by year, right? lol.

neither each 2 years. The most logical/reasonable move is to release a team movie after 3 years, just like Fox used to do back in the day, same with Marvel with Avengers 1, 2 and 3. That way, the other years have some free spots to other heroes, characters, spinoffs or new properties.

Well didn't Spidey appear in at least 1 movie since 2016. I don't seewhy they can't do a new X-Men movie every two years. Also the cameo roles I listed are limited to just Avengers films. No Captain Marvel role, no Black Panther role, no Hulk vs Wolverine film. Also 3 years is just too long. Unlike the Avengers, not a lot of X-Men should headline a solo film and they are a lot more interesting when they are together. Also I don't want to wait 15 years just to see the X-Men evolve as a team in a handful of films. Fox failed with that when they decided to spin offs instead of developing the present team.

you dont want spinoffs, you dont want to wait three years for a sequel either, yet you want the x-men more developed at Marvel.

sorry, but the only and realistic solution to achieve that is to make more spinoffs, just like Marvel did with the avengers characters. no studio would make a big team movie/sequel each 2 years, thats not realistic/logical. one thing is 1 character appearing each consecutive year in different movies (solo, Cap sequel, team movie) but a whole team? thats not gonna ever happen.

so if you really want the x-men to be well developed, some solo movies are needed.

if not, it would be Fox all over again, with half the x-men wasted, and Logan front and center with the rest in the background. That cant happen ever again, not at Marvel. and Im pretty sure it wont happen, Marvel will find an alternative. a great one. mark my words.

The X-Men aren't solo characters coming together. They're a team unit like the F4

so what?

the art is limitless, and creative writers/directors can create new stories, or be inspired by comic stories and do something fresh while expanding characters. That to me means: loving the source material, the characters and wanting to do more with them, to explore them and make them richer. And yes, that can be done with the x-men. Some of them. None is asking for 10 solo movies, but Marvel can easily make 3-4 solo movies making these characters household names and huge fan favorites.

And dont come at me with the topycal, this or that character didnt have a succesful solo comic. Thats such a lazy excuse. Once again....this is art: comics and cinema. Limit is the sky. period.

and I mean... f*** Legion is getting a solo tv show. A great fan cant come and say that some of the greatest A-list X-Men of their 50 years old history cant have a succesful solo movie :funny: no man.

I'm not big on the idea of X-Solo movies, I do want as many characters fleshed out as possible but X-Men are first and foremost a team and I prefer to see them together, interacting with each other.

Yes, it isn't easy when you've got a large ensemble to develop everyone but Fox never really had it that hard, they just flat out didn't try with some characters.

I'm not big on the idea of X-Solo movies, I do want as many characters fleshed out as possible but X-Men are first and foremost a team and I prefer to see them together, interacting with each other.

Yes, it isn't easy when you've got a large ensemble to develop everyone but Fox never really had it that hard, they just flat out didn't try with some characters.

SOME characters? More like 80% of the characters.

you dont want spinoffs, you dont want to wait three years for a sequel either, yet you want the x-men more developed at Marvel.

sorry, but the only and realistic solution to achieve that is to make more spinoffs, just like Marvel did with the avengers characters. no studio would make a big team movie/sequel each 2 years, thats not realistic/logical. one thing is 1 character appearing each consecutive year in different movies (solo, Cap sequel, team movie) but a whole team? thats not gonna ever happen.

so if you really want the x-men to be well developed, some solo movies are needed.

if not, it would be Fox all over again, with half the x-men wasted, and Logan front and center with the rest in the background. That cant happen ever again, not at Marvel. and Im pretty sure it wont happen, Marvel will find an alternative. a great one. mark my words.

I want the X-Men to evolve in team movies with a two year release gap between them. Fox almost did it with Dofp, A and Dp until Dp was moved. The comics didn't exactly need to release spin off comics to develop Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, Iceman. It can be done. Like someone said the X-Men aren't the Avengers. They are a team first and foremost. So to eXpect Marvel Studios to do the Avengers approach to them by releasing solo filmsthat isn't Wolverine is unrealistic.

so what?

the art is limitless, and creative writers/directors can create new stories, or be inspired by comic stories and do something fresh while expanding characters. That to me means: loving the source material, the characters and wanting to do more with them, to explore them and make them richer. And yes, that can be done with the x-men. Some of them. None is asking for 10 solo movies, but Marvel can easily make 3-4 solo movies making these characters household names and huge fan favorites.

And dont come at me with the topycal, this or that character didnt have a succesful solo comic. Thats such a lazy excuse. Once again....this is art: comics and cinema. Limit is the sky. period.

and I mean... f*** Legion is getting a solo tv show. A great fan cant come and say that some of the greatest A-list X-Men of their 50 years old history cant have a succesful solo movie :funny: no man.
And Legixn got low ratings and other than Shadow King, the characters are all made up. And no one saying is solo X-Men films can't be successful. But movies take time, and I would prefer if Marvel Stud10s put their effort in ensemble X-Men films than squeezing a Storm film, a Rogue film, a Cyclops film or another Wolverine film in their timetable. Also they can easily make characters household names without headlining a solo film. Groot, Rocket, Gamora, Star-Lord, Black Widow, Vision, Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch say hello. Those characters are a lot more well known than Fox adaptations.

I want the X-Men to evolve in team movies with a two year release gap between them. Fox almost did it with Dofp, A and Dp until Dp was moved. The comics didn't exactly need to release spin off comics to develop Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, Iceman. It can be done. Like someone said the X-Men aren't the Avengers. They are a team first and foremost. So to eXpect Marvel Studios to do the Avengers approach to them by releasing solo filmsthat isn't Wolverine is unrealistic.

the quote "X-Men arent the Avengers"...... what do people use it as often?

yes, they arent the avengers. They are BETTER. so they deserve better.
plain and simple lol.

if f**** Antman can get a movie and sequel, Storm can. hell yes she can. and Marvel will make her huge.

same with Rogue, if Kevin wants it.

And some fans are a bit close minded. Just because the movie is called "Rogue" doesnt mean Rogue will be the only x-man appearing. It can easily be a team-up, with Rogue and another x-men, hell, some x-men can easily appear at the beggining, Rogue then has to go to a personal mission and a x-men closer to her joins her on her travel/mision. This way, not only Rogue will be developed, but two x-men. And both character would become even bigger stars worldwide.

So its a win-win situation.

hell, if Marvel did Antman & the Wasp, Rogue and Gambit can easily get their own movie and more than likely ending being a bigger hit than Antman 1 and 2 :funny:

Its about being creative and exploring more personal stories while developing 2-3 x-men. Its not neccesarily a "solo movie". Just a more personal story. Think Logan. If Logan can have a movie with Charles Xavier, X-23 and Caliban, Rogue, Storm, Gambit or Kitty can have their own story too, with some x-men help. And any fan saying he/she wouldnt watch this in the theatre and wont enjoy it is only fooling himself lol.

seriously, its just a very smart move. And again, Im 100% Marvel will do some. Only time will show it. :cwink:

The X-Men aren't the Avengers simply because the Avengers (well the big ones) started as a solo hero with their own comic run and some even came from other superhero teams. The Avengers is like the All Stars group of the Marvel Universe. X-Men are different. Rogue, Psylocke, Storm, Beast, Wolverine, Jean, Cyclops didn't have their own comics book before they debuted in a X-Men book. A lot of them don't really have their own rogues gallery.

Also you gotta stop with your attitude. I'm getting Angamb vibes from your posts. Calling out fans "close minded" then the laughing. You aren't the boss here.

And sure, a Rogue movie could easily feature Gambit and the other X-Men. But if I get X-Men 5 three to 1 year earlier because they aren't committing a Rogue solo, then I'm finenot getting a X-Men solo.

I like the idea of seeing the X-Men developing as a team through X-Men movies ans guest appearances in other heroes’ movies. Spinoffs should go to other mutant teams but also feature X-men, no solo spinoffs necessary.

If the MCU is about to change from a world where superpowered beings are rare to a world where a lot of random civilians are manifesting powers worldwide, you really want to focus on the different social and political aspect of that, from professor X’s X-men fighting for inclusion, Magneto fighting for mutant supremacy, researchers like Moira on Xavier’s side, and a lot of humanity living in fear and confusion and often fighting back; you’ve got politicians, scientists, religious groups, and crowds of humans against a new minority.

So I would rather see them start with X-Men vs. Brotherhood - something simple to establish those three different as well as whatever the avengers have to say about it since thé probably caused it. Maybe tony stark helps make the sentinels that interrupt the climactic X-men and brotherhood fight at the end ?

Put Rogue in the brotherhood at some point, maybe have her be romantically involved with magneto and bring down all the Avengers, have her convert after bringing down captain marvel who you can have walking around like nothing’s happened after one or two movies

Last edited:
Splinter teams should be saved for the 2030s. I just felt that Fox didn't give us the definitive X-Men world where we see a lot of a listers come, join and leave and join again. Like I don't need to see a Storm film, if I get to see the likes of Colossus, Psylocke, Havok, Banshee, Forge, Emma, Jubilee, Angel,Bishop, Jean, Storm, Beast, Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, Dazzler, Nightcrawler, Polaris interacting with each other and doing X-Men stuff in a "X-Men" film. That can't be done in a trilogy but a lot more films. Also there's still Eternals, F4, Black Widow, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man and Captain Marvel possibly taking slots post-2020.. If Marvel Stud10s are about to just release Avengers/X-Men ensembles then I would be more open to a solo movie but nope. Anyway, I'm a X-Men fan who don't read solo comics. So why would I want a Storm/Rogue/Gambit movie if the wait for the another X-Men is gonna be longer.

I don’t know I think by xmen 2 and 3 we will already see young Ilyana Rasputin Ilyana Rasputin

Definitely want storm in black panther 3 depending on how soon this is happening. It will be interesting f to see how scarlet witch and quicksilver (resurrected?) interact with the avengers and the brotherhood since they belong to both, right? Or how would scarlet witch even handle the news that she’s a mutant?

The thing with xmen is the characters have been established in Hollywood already and you could really open with a bigger team with a lot of cameos if you wanted.

SOME characters? More like 80% of the characters.
LMAO, point taken.

Also, I think they should limit the X-Men ensemble. The whole popular characters as glorified cameos is a Fox thing that needs to be left in the past. No more blink and you'll miss it appearances by Jubilee, please.

No need to resurrect Quicksilver. Like if we are getting the Brotherhood, use Avalanche. If Magneto should have afamily member, use Polaris. I already hate that Fox turned Quicksilver to a X-Man over Psylocke, Angel and Jubilee and before Gambit and the others. No more Quicksilver.

What? I say fix Quicksilver and put him back in there.

edit: nvm

Last edited:
Oh bugger I forgot to include plans for a dazzler movie!

LMAO, point taken.

Also, I think they should limit the X-Men ensemble. The whole popular characters as glorified cameos is a Fox thing that needs to be left in the past. No more blink and you'll miss it appearances by Jubilee, please.

I think the cameos can be done well, if those cameo roles would later lead to a larger role. I want the first film with the X-Men established and eXperienced, with the team divided into 2 to 3 squad. With the second squad cameoing in the first film and then getting the focus in the second film, then unite those two squads in the third film.

I swear to God you need to stop with the Stud10s thing, it's cringy as hell.

Whedon had the right idea in Astonishing. Start with a core group and develop them aa good as you can. 6-7 members will be ideal

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"