• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MCU X-Men: The Lineup (Poll)

It's the Cyclops-stans, they hate Wolverine because they know as long as Logan is in the picture, Scott is nothing but a second banana, if that.
I think people wanting a break from Wolverine is undertandable considering how much Wolvie has dominated the films so far. It's probably not fans of any other character in particular. Certainly not Cyclops-fans. In my experience fans of Cyke are often also fans of Logan.

Professor X, Storm, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Cyclops, Wolverine, Iceman.

Introduce Jean in the sequel.

-Professor X.
-Storm.
-Cyclops.
-Emma Frost.
-Wolverine (but I'd give Logan a break for now and make X-23 the new Wolverine instead. You can always bring Logan back later).
-Kitty Pryde.
-Psylocke.

Bring in Jean, Gambit, and Colossus in a sequel.

-Professor X.
-Storm.
-Cyclops.
-Emma Frost.
-Wolverine (but I'd give Logan a break for now and make X-23 the new Wolverine instead. You can always bring Logan back later).
-Kitty Pryde.
-Psylocke.

Bring in Jean, Gambit, and Colossus in a sequel.

I like the idea of X23 as a stand-in for Wolverine before bringing him back in later movies.

I like the idea of X23 as a stand-in for Wolverine before bringing him back in later movies.

Yeah Logan's been in SEVEN movies (counting his cameo in FC, and he was repeatedly referenced in Deadpool as well) over the last 17 years. And it's not like Professor X or Magneto, where their well-received actors were recast with actors who were also well-received. For almost 20 years now, Hugh Jackman as been Logan for many people in the GA.

At least waiting a few years before bringing that character back with a recast is the best way to go imo. And since X-23 was the breakout character in the first movie that she was in, why not?

Yeah Logan's been in SEVEN movies (counting his cameo in FC, and he was repeatedly referenced in Deadpool as well) over the last 17 years. And it's not like Professor X or Magneto, where their well-received actors were recast with actors who were also well-received. For almost 20 years now, Hugh Jackman as been Logan for many people in the GA.

At least waiting a few years before bringing that character back with a recast is the best way to go imo. And since X-23 was the breakout character in the first movie that she was in, why not?

Start with X23 instead of Wolverine? Sorry but that's an awful idea.

Just wait to do Wolverine if you guys are so against seeing him in the next X-Men movie.

I've warmed up to the O5 for the first movie. Add some Giant Size characters to the sequel.

Probably not, but that's what I'd do.

Start with X23 instead of Wolverine? Sorry but that's an awful idea.

Just wait to do Wolverine if you guys are so against seeing him in the next X-Men movie.

I've warmed up to the O5 for the first movie. Add some Giant Size characters to the sequel.

Marvel has been known to make some character changes in the MCU.

If the premise of the Xmen introduction is that they have been operating for a long time in the background, I could see it work. The X weapon story would have already been history. X23 have already been taken in by the Xmen for a while under the tutelage of Wolverine.

Wolverine could be out dealing with his personal demons/taking a break hence his absence.

BUT, this is also under the premise that it works well with the story MCU would go with.

Im still all for Wolverine on the get go but would not dismiss X23 as well.

Marvel has been known to make some character changes in the MCU.

If the premise of the Xmen introduction is that they have been operating for a long time in the background, I could see it work. The X weapon story would have already been history. X23 have already been taken in by the Xmen for a while under the tutelage of Wolverine.

Wolverine could be out dealing with his personal demons/taking a break hence his absence.

BUT, this is also under the premise that it works well with the story MCU would go with.

Im still all for Wolverine on the get go but would not dismiss X23 as well.
No way man. This is the perfect chance for us to get an even more comic accurate adaptation of the MCU.

Just do the O5 first with some minor changes to make the team more diverse, then do the Giant Size team in the sequel. Don't make this more complicated than it needs to be.

X23? Bring back the girl from Logan but recast everyone else? Or recast X23? I'm not feeling it at all.

Just start with the Giant Size team. Say the O5 team happened in the past. There is no point to doing an O5 movie if you're just going to replace them in the sequel anyway.

Honestly, if Homecoming only had one other white student in Peter's supporting cast, I doubt the X-Men will be any different. Particularly since it's a property about racism.

At the same time, Marvel's shown no signs they're comfortable racebending their superheroes. It's always been their supporting cast who gets racebended, never the iconic hero everyone bought tickets to see (MJ is probably the most iconic character they racebended and they still chickened out by not calling her MJ).

Which means we probably won't see the Original Five or the Giant Size team. I suspect Professor X and Cyclops are givens and every other X-Men will be a minority in some shape or form (race, orientation, etc.). I used to think Jean was a given too, but I'm not so sure after Dark Phoenix.

Last edited:
Man, having Cyclops without Jean would suck. At least half the reason I voted for him is his connection to Jean.

I think you could also update it to reflect the modern gun control debate. Is a human being who wants the Mutant Registration Act passed really any different from someone who wants more gun control after a mass shooting happens?

Well, yes, because a person is not an object.

I'd go with a mix-and-match of the O5 and Giant-Size line-ups myself. So mine would look something like this give or take:

Cyclops
Jean Grey
Beast
Iceman
Wolverine
Storm
Kitty Pryde

I would be inclined to include Nightcrawler, but at eight members, you probably start to have too many characters.

Last edited:
X-23 before the Wolverine. Oh lol. Just no. That's like adapting Prestige first before Marvel Girl.

Ok, so it looks like marvel should aim for a blend. Not just the original 05 or all uncanny xmen but a little from column a, a little from column b and a sprinkle of our faves afterwards.

So that said, the MCU x-men should be Scott, storm, jean, Charles, beast, wolverine, shadowcat, sunfire? Or too much? I mean Charles will obviously not be a ground troop. I would love to have at least 50/50 women on the team so maybe rogue starts off as a villain and defects?

I'd go with a trimmed and tweaked version of the Giant Size X-men.

Xavier
Storm
Cyclops
Nightcrawler
Sunpyre
Siryn
Thunderbird

Xavier would be more in the background as a mentor figure, rather than the pov character he has been in recent years. He would be this series' Dumbledore so to speak; kindly but mysterious, with the film only hinting at his true power. I'd cast a black man as Xavier, it just fits so well. In 2018 the Martin Luther King allegory should not be a white man. With that one racebend the team has a majority poc cast.

Storm would be a pre-established character from the Black Panther movies. For years she has been living as a demigod in the deepest parts of Wakanda, but as more and more mutants are activating around the globe she decides to take an active role in mutant affairs and teams up with Xavier to establish his school for gifted youngsters. Never his deputy, she would be an equal to him in her own way, as mysterious and awe-inspiring to Xavier as to the students, but still with a warmth to her.

Then we come to the young students, all within the 16-21 age range. Storm and Xavier would be more in the background, but these guys would all share roughly equal screen time.

Cyclops would come into his own as the X-men's young leader. Nightcrawler as the smart guy/the comic relief, but beneath that he is the one with the most obvious mutation, so there's a good hook for his character arc there. Thunderbird as the loner who eventually warms to the rest of the team. Instead of Banshee and Sunfire, I've decided to go with their female counterparts for some gender diversity. Siryn would be our teams "heart", Sunpyre would be the arrogant, jerk with a heart of gold co-leader.

As for Wolverine and Colossus, I felt like the team was big enough at seven and these two were the clear candidates to cut. Wolverine is overexposed, and if Deadpool is retconned into the MCU, Colossus could follow, so no need to recast him.

Give me the blue team but swap Storm for Cyclops.

I personally wouldn’t mind:
Xavier
Cyclops
Jean
Thunderbird
Storm
Beast or Bishop
Rogue or Psylocke
Sun fire
Forge

Depending if X-Force gets made or not I’ll be ok with Psylocke Bishop, this is a very diverse team. Thunderbird would obviously be the Logan of the group butting heads with the professor and Scott, Jean will not be a damsel in distress but really good at her abilities, Storm recruited from Wakanda, Sun fire recruited from Japan and Beast would be mo-cap and Forge would not be a field team member just their for tech support.

And I have a feeling whatever happens in Avengers 4 is what will bring the X-Men into the MCU. I think that movie will end up with them living in a different reality where the Avengers are triumphant but also bring new threats.

I’m so glad to see so many people saying they want sunfire. I’m dying to see him as appear.

And storm has to be in it. I’m dying to see a proper comics accurate storm

I've gone for the original comics line-up - Prof. X, Cyclops, Jean Grey (or Marvel Girl as she was then), Beast, Angel, and Iceman. I'd want Storm at some point though.

O5 with Storm replacing Angel.
Rogue could be introduced as the sixth student in an origin movie, but she'd need to defect to the Brotherhood with Mystique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"