Mean Girls, the musical based on the movie, in production as another movie

I don't think that's out of line at all. Even when she was at her peak popularity Lohan was always a mediocre actress at best. The only two movies that come to mind where she might have turned in a better performance are maybe Freaky Friday and The Parent Trap. Everyone stole the show from her in Mean Girls, even Tina Fey and Tim Meadows in much smaller supporting roles.

Yeah. She was never that good. And while I sympathize with her to some degree for how the media turned her into a punching bag over her substance abuse issues, it’s hard to feel too bad for someone who threw in with Trump later in life.

Loved this musical rendition. Stands on its own while also respecting what came before. Fun songs with witty writing and a popping cast. What more could you ask for?

2024 is off to a great start, movie-wise.

Loved this musical rendition. Stands on its own while also respecting what came before. Fun songs with witty writing and a popping cast. What more could you ask for?

2024 is off to a great start, movie-wise.

Glad to hear that it’s good!

Ok this was so much fun. Renee rapp was amazing as the new Regina.

its interesting how much things have changed since I went to high school. When I went the worst thing you could be called was gay even if you were and now it’s normal to bring your date or have pride flags etc in some parts of the world. Sometimes you forget we actually have made important progress

I will wait til its on streaming.
I'm watching this right now and I dislike how its poorly shot. Its like a film shot with an iPhone, then was added with an ugly filter. It feels like a straight to streaming-site movie.

The casting feels like a downgrade compare to the 2004 cast. The actress playing Katie lacked charm. The actress playing Regina feels like a dull cosplay of the character.

The songs aren't doing anything to me. The movie is just not fun.

Not sure if this will be any good but Angourie Rice is a much better actress than Lohan ever was. Might be an unpopular opinion, but Mean Girls was probably Lohan’s best role and she got upstaged by every other actor in the main cast.

I think in the end she ended up being significantly worse than Lohan in the role. Lindsay was able to portray the transformation the character goes through with a lot of flair, it was campy and fun but also believable. Angourie Rice went from bland to bland with a bit more make-up.

But then again, the only two cast members that I was really impressed with were Reneé Rapp as Regina and Avantika Vandanapu as Karen. Everyone else was ranging from fine to horribly miscast, like Cady and Aaron Samuels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"