• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

METROPOLIS-The City's "Portrayal"

I really like this particular cityscape image I came across, although I have no clue where it was taken from. But this would be very much in line with what I imagine Metropolis to look like.

Almost looks like it draws on some of the modeling used for Blade Runner.
cityscape_480.jpg

I like that for Krypton.

I think Coruscant from Star Wars has the perfect look for what I imagine Krypton would look like.

Metropolis:
Clevelandskylinefromcsu1.jpg

LexCorp.
Key_tower.jpg

Daily Planet
FirstMeritTower.jpg

I put the images in Spoilers because they're so freaking big! Sorry guys.

With an extra layer of CG buildings to disguise and build it up to more NYC-esque levels, it could work.

I agree. I want this Metropolis to look like a ''Metropolis", not just any run of the mill city.
I never got the impression that the Metropolis we got in SR was huge.

I think Metropolis should look more like the city of Houston,Tx. Anybody thats been to that city would know that Houston would make a good Metropolis: its incredibly large, fairly clean and many part of Houston has a very futuristic look to it.

Metropolis:
Clevelandskylinefromcsu1.jpg
more beefed up
LexCorp.
Key_tower.jpg
three has to be an L somewere
Daily Planet
FirstMeritTower.jpg
it needs the "planet"!

I put the images in Spoilers because they're so freaking big! Sorry guys.
theres what i would change

I agree i would really like to see a mixture of city plates used for sfx with shooting at some real location compared to back lots u know. But mix it up a big with cgi and all that so it couldnt be peged for just one city like nyc or chicago or la.

I agree i would really like to see a mixture of city plates used for sfx with shooting at some real location compared to back lots u know. But mix it up a big with cgi and all that so it couldnt be peged for just one city like nyc or chicago or la.

Exactly! I would like to see Metropolis in the next film be a mix of Sydney, NY, and Dubai with some CGI thrown in as well.

Yup i think that would help make the city become a character all in its own and so it couldnt be pegged for any one place. Just remove any famous landmarks or alter buildings and all that. Well as i said actually film on real city streets be that la/toronto/vancour/europe/aus/etc...... Where ever they can do it for on the cheap and all that.

Also i was thinking for krypton if they do and i really hope we get to keep krypton and origin stuff in the future for future comics/movies/tv shows...... Well if next film will be having origin/krypton stuff(i hope they can) i was thinking mix a bit of blade runner city and that star wars city planet the one that starts with a C were the empire ran things. I am lousy at spelling that start wars city name. Or maybe a Naboo like look for krypton i think that would be simular in style to STAS take on krypton.

I would like to see Metropolis as technologically advanced but not like Blade Runner/Minority Report level. Just a few things that ppl can see why it's called "The City of Tomorrow"

no blade runner city for krypton regular cities mixed together with some high tech buildings for metropolis for me.

I loved Singer's Metropolis. Add a very modern LexCorp building and we're good.
I second this post. Nolan's Gotham suffered from looking too much like Chicago. Obviously they could use an actual city as a place to shoot and base their Metropolis on, but they should use CGI to enhance it and make it more "comic booky".
I also liked how Singer used a tint on his camera. It gave that special Superman feel to the city and the movie itself. By shooting in a real city, without CGI and no tint you wont get that atmosphere.

Last edited:
personally i would like to see a real city used as the bases for the comic cities. Then maybe mix a few elements from other cities, and some cgi building to get out of looking just like a nyc or a la and there you go.

Really getting pretty sick of every superhero being in New York City (or a city which might as well be New York City).

Having said that, I would enjoy a less obviously New York inspired design for Metropolis.

Having it be based on a West Coast city like Los Angeles would be refreshing.

totally i agree that is why even if say it was specifically shot in nyc or la to do some plate shots of other cities, and some cgi work to remove/alter real life famous buidling to make it its own look and all that.

I would like a cross between modern cities like Chicago and New York, but with a more futuristic touch seen in the Golden Age and the original Metropolis movie
Metropolis-Tower-of-Babel.jpg

Last edited:
Plop New York City where Vancouver is located and you have Metropolis.

I don't much remember the Metropolis from SR. Smallville's Metropolis didn't look bad at all. I personally think Metropolis should have a very distinct look. It should look sleek and modern, but also a little futuristic.

I know they shot a few scenes in Chicago for the Daily Planet area, and most spots of the city that weren't recently built in the 70's and up still have that more futuristic art deco thing going on.

Plop New York City where Vancouver is located and you have Metropolis.

Why Vancouver? Metropolis has never been in Canada or on the west coast, although it may have been inspired by Toronto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"