MGMT anyone?

Rob Lobo

Sidekick
Reaction score
Since we don't have a music section and this specifically don't belong in the celebrity (because this duo are young talented and creative musician for this era and to come.) I like to make this thread as a tribute to this amazing band from Brooklyn, New York.

To me, MGMT (formerly known as The Management) is like pretty much a band I wouldn't dare to compare with any other bands because they possess their own image, style and identity. These guys stands on its own.
To know more about them, go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGMT

Their recent album, Oracular Spectacular was release on 2007. Some of their awesome singles that must be heard are Time To Pretend (a mocking song about the life of sex, drugs & rock 'n roll), Kids (awesome electronica beat to it) and Electric Feel (a very groovy psychedelic song and its music video looks like a Hobbit party on acid). My personal favorite from the album is The Youth.

Here's are some of their music videos.

Electric Feel
(the Hobbits are partying in the middle of the Amazon)

Time To Pretend
(beware, the music video will cause you severe epilepsy)

Kids
(just awesome)

Hope you guys enjoy it :word:

Last edited:
I'm actually digging these guys. From Brooklyn you say? I may have to check em out. Maybe they got a show around here.

Yup, they are from Brooklyn alright ;)

yeah i just started listening to these guys recently as well. trippy. trippy good. :up:

I love MGMT, and the remix of Electric Feel by Justice is superb.

[YT]2H28GzslwUM[/YT]

Electric Feel Remix by Justice is not to be miss ;)

That's more of a Kanye West vs. Justice mix, there's no original MGMT music there.

They do catchy beats that won't leave my brain for weeks

We should really have a music sub-forum. We have a sub-forum for everything else, why not music?

I absolutely love these guys. Oracular Spectacular is such a great album. I haven't been able to catch them live yet, but it's on my To-Do list.

That's more of a Kanye West vs. Justice mix, there's no original MGMT music there.

There are 2 other mashup VS MGMT.

One is Notorious B.I.G. VS MGMT (using Justice Remix).
The other one is DMX VS 50 Cent VS MGMT (using the original MGMT music)

Off Topic, Untilteld, have you listen to Justice remix of Klaxon's As Above,So Below yet ? That remix is incredibly radical man :up:

I've listened to every justice track ever, they are beyond amazing. I can't wait for the a cross the universe dvd coming out in november.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"