Smallville Michael Rosenbaum - Lex Luthor : The Villain of the Story

Why couldn't they just have him disappear after the fortress collapse. He is missing, then eventually declared dead. Then returns for the finale.

This would have been the simplest solution but the smallville producers loved to complicate things....

Well we had that to they blew up lex in 8th season. And they probably did that just cause they had no clue if michael would agree to return. I still would have liked and thought they have alexander just grow into michael lex and stop rapid aging and there we have lex of old in new body and go from there.

What they should have done was give Lex a proper exit at the end of season 7. But since they didn't, they should have just left it alone until they knew 100% for sure Michael would be returning. The easiest solution was to just say Lex disappeared after the FOS fell and was taking the time to heal.

Had no issue with his disappearance and the way he was brought back into the show. My only gripe with him was the silly mind-wipe.

he's a combo of surviving Lex bits + clonepieces , according to q miller

How could there be any surviving Lex bits from this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJkXCDw5y5Y&feature=player_detailpage#t=277s

There's definitely no way his brain would have survived that for sure. If they had to clone Finale Lex's brain, he's basically a clone.

I think their biggest mistake with Lex, before the mindwipe, was bringing him back in S8 without Rosenbaum. I felt like they only did it because Kreuk returned.

The best thing to have done during those years is kept Lex (the real Lex) cryogenically frozen somewhere.

How could there be any surviving Lex bits from this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJkXCDw5y5Y&feature=player_detailpage#t=277s

There's definitely no way his brain would have survived that for sure. If they had to clone Finale Lex's brain, he's basically a clone.

I think their biggest mistake with Lex, before the mindwipe, was bringing him back in S8 without Rosenbaum. I felt like they only did it because Kreuk returned.

The best thing to have done during those years is kept Lex (the real Lex) cryogenically frozen somewhere.

Who cares if the current lex is a clone in the Smallvilleverse. Up until the current reboot, the Lex that had been in the comics for years had also been nothing but a series of clones with his mind being transplanted into the new clones brain.

It's nothing new with Lex Luthor.

Maybe they sghould have done lex reveal like how lois and clark did when lex died first time.

I've always been stubborn about the Lex thing, I've always believed that the Lex we see in the finale is the original Lex with clone parts. Thats what I assumed the Lx0 meant, the original Lex. Its perfect in my mind and I won't listen to anyone else's theories! :p

I liked him too but I would put michael above him just a slight bit.

He's better than Hackman and Spacey, that's for sure. But noone can come close to Rosenbaum. Or Clancy Brown for that matter.

Actually I believe the normal life range in todays time is more like 80-85 yrs old. But I was shocked that michael is as old as he is.

He's better than Hackman and Spacey, that's for sure. But noone can come close to Rosenbaum. Or Clancy Brown for that matter.

I wouldn't say he's better than Hackman, although I did like his version of the character better...Hackman was playing a completely different character for the script of S:TM, and he did wonderfully. To this day one of my favorite movies (and probably the one I own on the most kinds of media).

I definitely think Rosenbaum is the best live-action Lex.

Ditto. Nobody's better than Rosey. People always point out Clancy Brown, just as they do with Mark Hamill for the Joker compared to Ledger, but when it comes to live-action Michael has no equal. This guy was just captivating.

Reading the dialogue for Season 11 for Lex, you can tell that Byran is just taking all his inspiration from Rosenbaum. That lex Moment in Chaos between Lois & Lex was a nice call back to the series (particularly Season 5 episode "Solitude" where Lex insulted Lois )

"Let me give you a little friendly advice. Bow out of the race before a pesky little squirrel digs up one of your rotten acorns." - Lois Lane
"Well, thanks, Lois. You know, there's nothing more valuable than the savvy political advice of a muffin-peddling college dropout. Speaking of, do you have banana/blueberry today?" - Lex Luthor
Solitude

go thing is Lois has gotten back at him since then.

Reading the dialogue for Season 11 for Lex, you can tell that Byran is just taking all his inspiration from Rosenbaum. That lex Moment in Chaos between Lois & Lex was a nice call back to the series (particularly Season 5 episode "Solitude" where Lex insulted Lois )

"Let me give you a little friendly advice. Bow out of the race before a pesky little squirrel digs up one of your rotten acorns." - Lois Lane
"Well, thanks, Lois. You know, there's nothing more valuable than the savvy political advice of a muffin-peddling college dropout. Speaking of, do you have banana/blueberry today?" - Lex Luthor
Solitude

go thing is Lois has gotten back at him since then.
She went on a vendetta at a guy who insulted her job. That's not really a thing to shoot for.

7. Lex Luthor
With Batman v Superman introducing fans to Jesse Eisenberg as Superman’s arch nemesis Lex Luthor, to many he will have to hit the high standard set by Michael Rosenbaum’s take on the iconic character in Smallville. The show blew open the enemy dynamic between Clark/Superman and Lex by beginning their story as friends and Lex as even a caring and honest man. His obsession with the meteor shower due to its impact on his own life when he was only a child is the beginning of a rift between the two, leading Lex into his fated evil role.

One of the most interesting thing about Lex’s role in Smallville was his uncanny ability to be everywhere, all the time. Lex Luthor would consistently pop out of the woodwork any time he wasn’t expected, leading to his suspicions constantly being raised about his friend Clark and increasingly hostile interactions between the two.

http://www.fame10.com/entertainment/10-things-we-miss-about-smallville/2/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"