Michael Sarnoski’s “A Quiet Place” Spinoff

Realistically, the cat will be fine and just watch all the humans get torn apart. Wouldn't be the first time. :o

i-gEvH.gif

DARN!
I usually save the Super Bowl trailers for the day.
Glad to hear it is good, though.
SUNDAY!

This looks pretty awesome, and the scale/scope compared to the first two movies is just insane. It's great seeing Lupita as the lead in this and I'm glad they brought Djimon Hounsou back.

Hopefully, they don't waste him again and Joseph Quinn is pretty cool little addition. I get the feeling that after this and Stranger Things the guy is definitely going places afterwards.

Also, this coming from the director of Pig gets me even more excited.

On the one hand, this feels like a pointless exercise and a lazy cash grab because they didn't want to make a part 3, on the other hand, it's got a good cast and it's by the director of Pig, so we'll see.

But they are making a part 3, right? And wasn't one of the main "criticisms" of part 1 that it didn't show the initial invasion?

Anyway, gonna save any footage for the Super Bowl. But I'm excited!

But they are making a part 3, right? And wasn't one of the main "criticisms" of part 1 that it didn't show the initial invasion?

Anyway, gonna save any footage for the Super Bowl. But I'm excited!
A Part 3 is on the way but those kids have grown significantly since filming Part 2 so I feel like they'd have no choice but to set it a few years after the second movie as opposed to picking up immediately where it left off.

I am kind of curious to see how quickly the New Yorkers latch on to the idea that they just need to stay quiet to avoid the monsters. Admittedly, it felt like it happened a little fast in the Part 2 flashback.

I am kind of curious to see how quickly the New Yorkers latch on to the idea that they just need to stay quiet to avoid the monsters..

Lol probably a looong time even for survival.

I assume the mayor releases a statement shortly after the invasion,

5d389ada-7669-49dc-8e68-58c09c9afa86-gif.501721

I'm interested to watch this, but I don't think I will be seeing it in the big screen. I've watched the first two films I think back to back, and even though I enjoyed them. They were intense. I was glad I skipped them in the big screen. Personally speaking, A Quiet Place feels like a movie to watch at home (evening time), rather than a blockbuster movie that should be seen in its opening weekend in theater, with a really large crowd.

Its definitely a NefliX and chill, kind of movie.

I'm interested to watch this, but I don't think I will be seeing it in the big screen. I've watched the first two films I think back to back, and even though I enjoyed them. They were intense. I was glad I skipped them in the big screen. Personally speaking, A Quiet Place feels like a movie to watch at home (evening time), rather than a blockbuster movie that should be seen in its opening weekend in theater, with a really large crowd.

Its definitely a NefliX and chill, kind of movie.
I guess you just have to be with the right audience. My theater was practically empty when I saw Part Two but it was mostly full for the first movie and everyone was quiet when they needed to be. But let me tell you, the collective cringey "OOOOOOHHHHHH" that the audience let out when Emily Blunt stepped on the nail was one for the ages.

I guess you just have to be with the right audience. My theater was practically empty when I saw Part Two but it was mostly full for the first movie and everyone was quiet when they needed to be. But let me tell you, the collective cringey "OOOOOOHHHHHH" that the audience let out when Emily Blunt stepped on the nail was one for the ages.
I know what you mean. But I also find the runtime incredibly short and iirc, both movies just ended, without an actual resolution. The second film also, feels like it was released many years ago and the continuation for that film is still far away from now.

I don't think its something I would enjoy more in the big screen, than in the comfort of my home. And I don't eXpect this prequel to be different.

Agreed I was in a theater packed with peoplefor part 1 and it was still quiet. And the sound design for both movies works so much better in a theater.

I found both part 1 and 2 great cinema experiences. If course I live on my own so great at home as well. But audience reactions were very good for the first 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"