• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Can't wait to rip into this game.. Buddy of mine said whatever you do don't go into it like some Uruk killing badass.. That comes later.. So I will keep that in mind.

Just be aware that if you try to fight a captain or bad guy and they kill you they will rank up and get stronger and he will remember you, and your attacks. The more they kick your ass the stronger they will get so trying to be billy badass in this game can result in some difficult times ahead. Dont engage a captain unless you can beat them. And dont be afraid to flee if you get in over your head. Running is better than dying.

I ended up leveling a guy to like 12-15 early in the game by doing that. It was cool that the game is able to contextualize boss sequences that way.

By the end of the game, I started to miss being easily killable. I liked being defeated and having the orcs rank up. Because then it gave me some really memorable arch-enemies that would always show up at the WORST times. lol. By the end of the game, I was mowing through those captains so quickly that I hardly had time to get to know em. :p

Just started playing Lord of the Hunt. Seems cool, i mean more Mordor is a good thing.

I got this for Christmas and I've put about 15-20 hours into it and I've done like 4 story missions tops, lol. This is my GOTY 2014. Easily.

It is a really great game. And it doesn't suffer from a problem which has plagued a lot of games lately; the story isn't TOO long. I still haven't finished Watch_Dogs because its just so long and kinda boring, story-wise. But Shadow of Mordor had a nice and brief, yet fun, campaign.

I got this for Christmas and I've put about 15-20 hours into it and I've done like 4 story missions tops, lol. This is my GOTY 2014. Easily.

The vast majority of the game is awesome, but be prepared for a pretty crappie last couple of boss fights. Still a great game but that's what stopped it from being the GOTY in my eyes.

The ending is pretty weak. It's like they ran out of time and/or money. The story was threadbare to begin with but it still warranted something better than that. Not to throw any spoilers out but I really wish they had taken the nemesis system to its logical conclusion and had one of the random enemies that were turned into warchiefs be the final boss. The one you encountered the most.

I read about the bossess... Eh, in the end if the entire game is fun boss battles matter little to me. I know many feel like they're a capper and I understand that but more often than not boss battles just annoy the **** out of me.. If I spend an entire game becoming a badass I want to finish these ****s with one blow.

Just started playing the Lord of Hunt, wow! I didn't realize Tallion was still the protagonist, the promo pictures of the barbarian dude had me thinking the DLC was a prequel with some unknown character, not a direct sequel, awesome!

Oh wow, Lords of the Hunt was a DLC that lasted less than an hour.....

It is a really great game. And it doesn't suffer from a problem which has plagued a lot of games lately; the story isn't TOO long.

Well, to be fair, it's kind of hard for a game to have a long story when there isn't a story to begin with. The story, like nearly everything else of the game is extremely minimal. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are pretty and the combat is EXCELLENT, but the game lacks any substance. Everything rides on the Nemesis system, which is fun, but it also isn't a lot either.

The way I've come to look at Shadow of Mordor is like it's a rough draft/sketch of a really great game. They've got a lot of really great ideas, but so much should have been/needs to be fleshed out. I'm really looking forward to a sequel, but only if they really expand upon what they've started here. Better story. Better (real) boss fights. A more fleshed out world. I want to see other parts of Middle-Earth. I would LOVE to see this team's take on Minas Tirith. They have the talent to do Middle-Earth justice; it'd be a shame to only see Mordor.

I still haven't finished Watch_Dogs because its just so long and kinda boring, story-wise. But Shadow of Mordor had a nice and brief, yet fun, campaign.

I'm one of the few people it seems who really enjoyed Watch Dogs. I stopped playing for a few months because the story kind of dragged, but it eventually picks up and gets really good.
I'm

I loved this game. Thought the story was fine but I agree, I'd love to see more of Middle Earth. I really hope they do another game.

Any word on the Celebrimbor dlc?

I loved this game and am currently on my second play-through of the story. The storyline isn't the strongest and the boss fights are embarrassing. However, building up Talion's powers and skills is so much fun.

They have to make a sequel with much more opportunity to roam Middle-Earth. I need to see their take on places like Gondor and Mirkwood.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor : The Bright Lord Q&A

Posted Feb 19, 2015

Monolith recently announced a brand new DLC for Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Called "The Bright Lord", the DLC will allow players to take on the role of Celebrimbor, wielder of a Ring, and a worthy opponent to wrest control from Sauron. The campaign will feature ten new missions, the chance to face off against Sauron and a new Challenge mode.
We wanted to find out more and had the opportunity to interview the team. Check out what director of design Michael de Plater had to say.
MMORPG.com: We were able to play as Celebrimbor in the main campaign, what is different this time around in the DLC? I assume this is more direct control of the ring forger, and not his spirit?
Michael: That’s right, you are playing as Celebrimbor when he was alive, at the height of his strength and wielding the stolen Ring of Power.
MMORPG.com: So it appears that we will not have wraith powers this time but will have the power of the One Ring, are these similar to the wraith powers or will we be leveling Celebrimbor up from scratch with entirely new abilities?
Michael: Many of the powers which Celebrimbor’s spirit gave to Talion were based on the powers of the Rings. So the One Ring is providing stronger versions of these to Celebrimbor himself. You are more powerful, but so are your enemies, the Uruk Captains and Warchiefs, the soldiers are better trained and better armed and of course you are battling Sauron himself.
MMORPG.com: We will face newer stronger enemies in this DLC. Will they have any new powers?
Michael: Yes, the enemies are both more numerous and more powerful. And Sauron himself has a number of new powers, including the ability to dominate your followers.

MMORPG.com: Will we have access to any of what we learned in the Hunt DLC?

Michael: The Bright Lord is a separate, standalone DLC from the Lord of the Hunt. MMORPG.com: How will we be able to get level 30 runes in the challenge modes if we are dominating and not killing the enemies?
Michael: You are still able to kill enemy warchiefs, and you can destroy your own Followers to harvest them for health or Runes.
MMORPG.com: One of the big requests from players has been new landmass in the DLC, some place new to explore. Will we see that with this DLC, or in future editions?
Michael: The game takes place in Udun, but at an earlier period of history where the power of Sauron is at it’s height so it does feel quite different.
MMORPG.com: How is the Nemesis System changing for this round?
Michael: The main difference, which has quite a big effect on gameplay, is that the enemy forces are more disciplined so you don’t have the opportunity to create Betrayals and Riots. You need to go after the Warchiefs and their Bodyguards as a more coherent group. Also Sauron has the ability to turn your Followers against you. You are more powerful, but the experience is more challenging.
Permalink | 5 comments

source:MMORPG.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"