Mike Tyson Biopic Starring Jamie Foxx

Is this the same one where Anthony Hopkins is supposed to be playing Cus D’Amato? Meant to ask.

This movie could either be really good or just be an In Living Color skit. Don’t half ass this Jamie, this is a Brooklyn heavyweight!

Wonder who’s gonna be Robin Givens.
I can see Zoe Kravitz assuming The Batman filming doesn’t conflict.

They really need to nail the casting for Cus and Don King. Not just physically but the chemistry with Foxx.

If he was twenty years younger, Ed Asner would have been perfect for Cus.

Foxx is waay too old to be playing tyson at this point. Mike arguably peaked as a fighter in his early 20's and isn't Foxx in his mid 40's or something now?

Michael Jai White already played Tyson in a tv movie and I think he's still probably a better choice.
why does that sound familiar? Jamie Foxx playing a role that Michael Jai White already played? ummm?

They really need to nail the casting for Cus and Don King. Not just physically but the chemistry with Foxx.
For some reason, I could really see Jeffrey Wright knocking it out of the park as Don King.

I feel like Ving rhames could also do it.

I can see Zoe Kravitz assuming The Batman filming doesn’t conflict.

If he was twenty years younger, Ed Asner would have been perfect for Cus.

Nah Zoe isn’t conniving enough. Maybe Kerry Washington. If Jamie can do young mike she can pull off a young Robin too and they have chemistry.

Give Courtney B Vance a good wig and some rings and he’d be perfect for Don. Maybe Joe Pesci for Cus.

But yeah Ed Asner would’ve been dope.

I would not be surprised if this got made before Spawn.

Good, because I’d rather see him do this.

Because he already did and won a Golden Globe for it (which he gave to Jack Lemon)
Huh, forgot all about that. Regarding Spawn, if Todd would get out of his own head and let somebody else direct we may have something.

Jamie decided to go for another nomination for this one. He's going to be great in this.

Eh we’ll see. Have a feeling the academy won’t like nominating someone for a role where he played a convicted rapist. Especially if Foxx is going to bring Tyson along on any awards shows.

I know the academy has awarded actors playing unlikeable characters before, but I can’t see them honoring Tyson.

If Harvey Weinstein can win Oscars and produce movies for decades and everyone in Hollywood knew the dirty things he’s done to women, then anyone else is a shoo-in.

But it’s a shame he has that questionable incident in his past, because Tyson should’ve gotten an Oscar years ago for that documentary on his life that he did.

Foxx is waay too old to be playing tyson at this point. Mike arguably peaked as a fighter in his early 20's and isn't Foxx in his mid 40's or something now?

Michael Jai White already played Tyson in a tv movie and I think he's still probably a better choice.
Jamie is 52 but doesn’t look his age.

Eh we’ll see. Have a feeling the academy won’t like nominating someone for a role where he played a convicted rapist. Especially if Foxx is going to bring Tyson along on any awards shows.

I know the academy has awarded actors playing unlikeable characters before, but I can’t see them honoring Tyson.
That type of hypocrisy will be exposed right quick if it comes to that, but yeah, I wouldn't put it past the academy to pull some bs like that.

If Harvey Weinstein can win Oscars and produce movies for decades and everyone in Hollywood knew the dirty things he’s done to women, then anyone else is a shoo-in.

But it’s a shame he has that questionable incident in his past, because Tyson should’ve gotten an Oscar years ago for that documentary on his life that he did.
That’s not really a fair comparison. Everyone in Hollywood May have known Weinstein was a POS but that was before the Me Too movement finally shamed everyone into rejecting him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"