Miller on Sin City2

Reaction score
Miller on Sin City 2
An original story makes the film a true sequel.
by Hilary Goldstein

February 17, 2006 - Little Nancy Callahan is making a return in Sin City 2. At last week's WonderCon in San Francisco, Frank Miller spoke briefly on the sequel to 2005's Sin City. Filming is expected to being in May or June, meaning that a spring 2007 release is likely.

It was already revealed that the film would adapt one of the best Sin stories, "A Dame to Kill For". That, however, won't be the only story featured in the next movie. Miller is writing a brand new story to weave throughout the film. The new tale follows Nancy Callahan after the events of "That Yellow Bastard" and shows how she was affected by Hartigan's suicide.

Several shorts are also going to be featured. Miller hinted that "Blue Eyes" and perhaps a few other shorts from the book Lost, Lonely, and Lethal could make the final cut and see near-perfect panel-to-screen translations.

Casting is still unknown, but "A Dame to Kill For" would bring back several characters from last film, including Gail, played by Rosario Dawson. Dwight, played by Clive Owen in the first film, is the star of "Dame". However, in this story (which takes place before the events of the first film), Dwight has a different face, so it's unclear if Owen would still be cast in the role. Also appearing in "Dame" and likely Sin City 2 are Miho, Manute and Marv. Yeah, Marv is back, albeit in a smaller role.

pixy.gif
sin-city-20060217031806898.jpg

[SIZE=-1]Would you kill for this dame?[/SIZE]
pixy.gif
pixy.gif
sin-city-20060217031806633.jpg

[SIZE=-1]The original Dwight[/SIZE]
pixy.gif

Set your peepers on FilmForce for more info on Sin City 2.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/689/689409p1.html

AWESOME!!!!!!! :) This news made my day. :up: Atleast we know we will be getting it early next year!

I don't think they should get a new person to play Dwight. Just give him prosthetics.

ok,good,Im glad this isnt old news,I thought it maybe was... Its all good news!

Thanks for the news. Glad to hear that Frank still has it on his mind.

I doubt he'll be recast. It wouldn't take much to make him look different.

bored said:
I doubt he'll be recast. It wouldn't take much to make him look different.

Yeah, just put a bald-cap on and maybe sharpen his cheek-bones a bit.

Having Marv back will be great, Mickey Rourke was genius in that part.

Uncanny Orb said:

Yeah, the only part I didn't like was his monologue as he's chopping Kevin's head off. I was expecting him to full-fledge yell out or at least raise his voice in anger that Kevin didn't make a sound, but there wasn't a hint of inflation.

Besides that tibit, he was great.

Uncanny Orb said:
personally... i think Rourke made Marv my fav character from the first film... he plays a great mad monster style character... cant wait till next yr now... pity it wasnt coming out this yr... would of made 06 a good yr... but looks like 07 is going to be the yr for awsome movies... Sin City 2, Spiderman 3... 07 is lookin good.

Marv died in "Sin City" — but that doesn't mean Mickey Rourke won't be back for the sequel.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1527380/story.jhtml

Ditto for Dwight (Clive Owen), Shellie (Brittany Murphy), Nancy (Jessica Alba), Manute (Michael Clarke Duncan), Gail (Rosario Dawson) and the rest of the Old Town gang.

That's because "Sin City" is the "Pulp Fiction" of comic-book adaptations — since the interlinking stories aren't linear, when it comes time for the next installment in theaters, you'll get a prequel and a sequel at the same time.

"It jumps around a bit," writer/co-director Frank Miller said, "but mostly it's one story, incorporating some short stories that weave in and out of that."

Miller, who wrote and illustrated the hard-boiled graphic-novel series the films are based on, said he is "well in progress" on the screenplay for "Sin City 2" and anticipates that he and co-director Robert Rodriguez should be shooting as early as June in Austin, Texas.

The first "Sin City" took its stories from the first, third and fourth books — "The Hard Goodbye," "The Big Fat Kill" and "That Yellow Bastard." This next one will jump back in the sequence and derive most of its story from the second book, "A Dame to Kill For." But even though it's the second book, the action is set before book one, developing Dwight's past, loves, lusts and alliances.

Before Marv sleeps with Goldie, before Detective Hartigan finds skinny little Nancy all grown up and dancing at a strip joint, Dwight has a love affair with Ava, who leaves him to marry someone wealthy. Four years later, Ava's back, claiming the marriage is no good, and asking Dwight to help her out. This being "Sin City," you know there's more to the story than that.

Miller is also toying with incorporating "Blue Eyes," a short story that introduces the assassin Delia. The chain of events helps set up "The Hard Goodbye" and "The Big Fat Kill" in the original film, but what about what happens next? Miller is also writing a new story that'll explore what happens to Nancy after Hartigan's suicide. "Yeah, there will be surprises, but they wouldn't be surprises if I told you, would they?" Miller said.

The stories are also going to be as graphic as the first "Sin City" film — graphic in violence as well as style, showcasing the fully digital live action that made the film one of the most faithful comic adaptations yet to hit the screen. "My drawings were up on a special monitor, where they would move the camera to match my compositions," Miller explained.

That's what made him sign on for a sequel, due in 2007, as well as more to follow (see " 'Sin City' Co-Directors Working On Sequels, Eyeing A Tarantino Replacement").

MOIDANGEREUX said:
Marv died in "Sin City" — but that doesn't mean Mickey Rourke won't be back for the sequel.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1527380/story.jhtml

Ditto for Dwight (Clive Owen), Shellie (Brittany Murphy), Nancy (Jessica Alba), Manute (Michael Clarke Duncan), Gail (Rosario Dawson) and the rest of the Old Town gang.

That's because "Sin City" is the "Pulp Fiction" of comic-book adaptations — since the interlinking stories aren't linear, when it comes time for the next installment in theaters, you'll get a prequel and a sequel at the same time.

"It jumps around a bit," writer/co-director Frank Miller said, "but mostly it's one story, incorporating some short stories that weave in and out of that."

Miller, who wrote and illustrated the hard-boiled graphic-novel series the films are based on, said he is "well in progress" on the screenplay for "Sin City 2" and anticipates that he and co-director Robert Rodriguez should be shooting as early as June in Austin, Texas.

The first "Sin City" took its stories from the first, third and fourth books — "The Hard Goodbye," "The Big Fat Kill" and "That Yellow Bastard." This next one will jump back in the sequence and derive most of its story from the second book, "A Dame to Kill For." But even though it's the second book, the action is set before book one, developing Dwight's past, loves, lusts and alliances.

Before Marv sleeps with Goldie, before Detective Hartigan finds skinny little Nancy all grown up and dancing at a strip joint, Dwight has a love affair with Ava, who leaves him to marry someone wealthy. Four years later, Ava's back, claiming the marriage is no good, and asking Dwight to help her out. This being "Sin City," you know there's more to the story than that.

Miller is also toying with incorporating "Blue Eyes," a short story that introduces the assassin Delia. The chain of events helps set up "The Hard Goodbye" and "The Big Fat Kill" in the original film, but what about what happens next? Miller is also writing a new story that'll explore what happens to Nancy after Hartigan's suicide. "Yeah, there will be surprises, but they wouldn't be surprises if I told you, would they?" Miller said.

The stories are also going to be as graphic as the first "Sin City" film — graphic in violence as well as style, showcasing the fully digital live action that made the film one of the most faithful comic adaptations yet to hit the screen. "My drawings were up on a special monitor, where they would move the camera to match my compositions," Miller explained.

That's what made him sign on for a sequel, due in 2007, as well as more to follow (see " 'Sin City' Co-Directors Working On Sequels, Eyeing A Tarantino Replacement").

Awsome :)

That article is about 2 months old....but a June start date would be nice...he could shoot parts, do the CGI and then set up others....so who knows...hell Rodriguez is known for working on 2 movies at the same time....who knows what the man can do....

Darth Elektra said:
Miller on Sin City 2
An original story makes the film a true sequel.
by Hilary Goldstein

February 17, 2006 - Little Nancy Callahan is making a return in Sin City 2. At last week's WonderCon in San Francisco, Frank Miller spoke briefly on the sequel to 2005's Sin City. Filming is expected to being in May or June, meaning that a spring 2007 release is likely.

It was already revealed that the film would adapt one of the best Sin stories, "A Dame to Kill For". That, however, won't be the only story featured in the next movie. Miller is writing a brand new story to weave throughout the film. The new tale follows Nancy Callahan after the events of "That Yellow Bastard" and shows how she was affected by Hartigan's suicide.

Several shorts are also going to be featured. Miller hinted that "Blue Eyes" and perhaps a few other shorts from the book Lost, Lonely, and Lethal could make the final cut and see near-perfect panel-to-screen translations.

Casting is still unknown, but "A Dame to Kill For" would bring back several characters from last film, including Gail, played by Rosario Dawson. Dwight, played by Clive Owen in the first film, is the star of "Dame". However, in this story (which takes place before the events of the first film), Dwight has a different face, so it's unclear if Owen would still be cast in the role. Also appearing in "Dame" and likely Sin City 2 are Miho, Manute and Marv. Yeah, Marv is back, albeit in a smaller role.

pixy.gif
sin-city-20060217031806898.jpg

[SIZE=-1]Would you kill for this dame?[/SIZE]
pixy.gif
pixy.gif
sin-city-20060217031806633.jpg

[SIZE=-1]The original Dwight[/SIZE]
pixy.gif

Set your peepers on FilmForce for more info on Sin City 2.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/689/689409p1.html

This sounds good. The Nancy stuff should be good to see. I hope the Senator dies in this movie by Nancy's hand

Rosario Dawson Talks Sin City 2 and O.C.T.
Source: Melissa Greenwood July 19, 2006

Rosario Dawson, who stars in Kevin Smith's "Clerks II," tells Superhero Hype! she's looking forward to reprising her role as Gail in Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's Sin City 2.

"I'm so excited [to make the sequel]," she said. "I'm lucky because Frank [Miller] really loved drawing that outfit and drawing Gail and I'm definitely going to be in the next one as the dame to kill, which is really good. ..There's a lot of violence in it, and it's not for everyone but I do think it's really smart.

[Filming 'Sin City'] was definitely one of the best experiences I've ever had…. you just had to act and sell it through the story and that's what we were doing. That was an amazing experience. It felt like a theatre experience so I mean I'd love to do it again cuz I get to work with amazing people and it's really good stuff—groundbreaking."

MOIDANGEREUX said:

Rosario Dawson, who stars in Kevin Smith's "Clerks II," tells Superhero Hype! she's looking forward to reprising her role as Gail in Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's Sin City 2.

"I'm so excited [to make the sequel]," she said. "I'm lucky because Frank [Miller] really loved drawing that outfit and drawing Gail and I'm definitely going to be in the next one as the dame to kill, which is really good. ..There's a lot of violence in it, and it's not for everyone but I do think it's really smart.

[Filming 'Sin City'] was definitely one of the best experiences I've ever had…. you just had to act and sell it through the story and that's what we were doing. That was an amazing experience. It felt like a theatre experience so I mean I'd love to do it again cuz I get to work with amazing people and it's really good stuff—groundbreaking."

Thanks for the news Moi...

MOIDANGEREUX said:

I thought Ava was the dame to kill for? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"