Ming-Na Wen is Fennec Shand

I don't know, she seemed to be a professional then, and a professional now. She's just a professional who owes a serious mortal debt to someone else. And hey, he wants to risk her life fighting some Imperial remnants, its not like she has moral objections to either risking her life or killing Imperials.

I mean, some of this is just me liking Ming-Na Wen, but a lot of it is thematic interpolation. Toro Calican was set up as the complete unlikable scum kind of amoral mercenary, and he literally shot her. While there is no physical rule that prevents them from being equally scummy mutual betrayers it works better as a story if you actually are supposed to hate Toro for this. . . and you hate him more if Fennec is more respectable than him. Thus, my interpretation: Toro is a treacherous backstabber who will shoot unarmed prisoners and hold innocent bystanders hostage, while Fennec is a professional who keeps her promises and would be slightly offended if you implied she needed to shoot random bystanders.
I like the code of honour a lot of the characters in the show seem to have and how important it is to them (willing to risk their life to repay a debt), regardless of what they do for a day job.

The real answer to why Obi-Wan Kenobi and R2 didn't recognize each other:

"We didn't think that far ahead in writing the story.'

Still George Lucas' fault for not making stuff in the prequels line up better with the OT, like Qui-Gon training Obi-Wan instead of Yoda, Obi-Wan having supposedly never had a droid, and Leia remembering their mother but Luke not ("she died when I was very young", yea like thirty seconds old).

The real answer to why Obi-Wan Kenobi and R2 didn't recognize each other:

"We didn't think that far ahead in writing the story.'

Still George Lucas' fault for not making stuff in the prequels line up better with the OT, like Qui-Gon training Obi-Wan instead of Yoda, Obi-Wan having supposedly never had a droid, and Leia remembering their mother but Luke not ("she died when I was very young", yea like thirty seconds old).

To be FAIR and put my nerd hat on, all of those things can be explained as..

Obi-Wan never owned a droid (his words). And how do we know if R2 recognizes Obi-Wan or not?

In the prequels, it's established that Yoda trains Younglings first and then they go off with a master, so again, that is true from a certain point of view ;)

jedi-youngling_0ee1eee6.jpeg

Even Leia remembering her mother can be explained that she has a memory of her as a baby being held thanks to the Force.

Dave Filoni is a pretty thoughtful guy about ALL of this from interviews I've seen. I'm fairly certain he must have worked out a reason for Boba Fett with Jon Favreau. Filoni doesn't seem like a J.J. Abrams guy who'll figure it out later.

Last edited:
Happy she is back, with enhancements. I like the series doesn't keep bumping people off. Fan service me to death with great casting.

Happy she is back, with enhancements. I like the series doesn't keep bumping people off. Fan service me to death with great casting.
Haha, I’m the same. Keep it coming!

Yeah... I think they have their Cara Dune replacement contingency in full effect..

I wonder if Ming Na will also provide the voice for the character in that show.

Glad to see Ming Na's character getting more screentime throughout the Star Wars universe. I was a bit annoyed with her apparent death in S1. :D

Glad to see Ming Na's character getting more screentime throughout the Star Wars universe. I was a bit annoyed with her apparent death in S1. :D

I was more just surprised to see Ming-na on the Mandalorian and hoped we'd get to see her on some other show as another character in the future, but all that changed for the bettervwith her season 2 reveal.

Rewatching Chapter 15 I have to say... I want to know what makes her tick.

In the current crew she's the one that is frankly, the most shady. Imperial and New Republic AND the criminal element are all on the lookout for her. There's a story in who she is and how she came to be.

Rewatching Chapter 15 I have to say... I want to know what makes her tick.

In the current crew she's the one that is frankly, the most shady. Imperial and New Republic AND the criminal element are all on the lookout for her. There's a story in who she is and how she came to be.

And she’s in a crew that includes Boba Fett, so being the most shady one is....a statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"