• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man Minor Changes You Want To See

I think we can all agree that the first two films were marvelous, and the third one, while still decent, could have been a lot better. I agree with most of the stuff you guys said, but I'll list my views below anyway.

1. Snow. Yeah, I've been contemplating this idea ever since the last film. This would be REALLY cool to see, and could have the chance to look really spectacular.

2. Back to the source material. I don't mind edits of the major villians and other characters, but I really want Spider-Man to act more Comic Spider-Man. The only noticeable humor in the 3rd installment was the whole "emo-dancing" part, which while funny, was pretty hard to watch. He needs to make more jokes. He was "average" in the first two films, but still really really funny. Like in the bank scene when Doc Ock is holding him? I thought that was really funny.

3. I for one, want some more action, and for them to focus on Spider-Man's acrobatics more. I want to see the character in motion. Swinging! Climbing! Fighting! Running!

4. More usage of the original theme. I love the theme that plays in the opening credits, that's excellent fight music.

5. Mary-Jane Watson CANNOT be a "damsel-in-distress" anymore. This is an extremely overrused plot device that really only worked the first two times.

6. Peter as a teacher would be really cool also. It would show some much-needed character development.

7. Better writing. And maybe some comic book references, just to please us adoring fans!

8. Finally, if there is a Black Cat, NO JULIA STILES. She is a fine actor, don't get me wrong, but she has 0 sexual appeal. And Black Cat is mostly ass sexual appeal. It would completely fail.

I almost considered sending Sam Raimi a letter of some of these listed impovements for the franchise, but who am I kidding, he wouldn't read it, much less open it. =/

I think we can all agree that the first two films were marvelous, and the third one, while still decent, could have been a lot better. I agree with most of the stuff you guys said, but I'll list my views below anyway.

1. Snow. Yeah, I've been contemplating this idea ever since the last film. This would be REALLY cool to see, and could have the chance to look really spectacular.

I really love seeing Spidey in winter in the comics, so I'd probably love it even more in a movie. Seeing Spidey having to handle the cold weather would be awesome. Also, I really think Vulture fits in that theme too.

2. Back to the source material. I don't mind edits of the major villians and other characters, but I really want Spider-Man to act more Comic Spider-Man. The only noticeable humor in the 3rd installment was the whole "emo-dancing" part, which while funny, was pretty hard to watch. He needs to make more jokes. He was "average" in the first two films, but still really really funny. Like in the bank scene when Doc Ock is holding him? I thought that was really funny.

Definitely agree!

3. I for one, want some more action, and for them to focus on Spider-Man's acrobatics more. I want to see the character in motion. Swinging! Climbing! Fighting! Running!

Agree once again! He's been cool while fighting imo but he could be even better I think.

4. More usage of the original theme. I love the theme that plays in the opening credits, that's excellent fight music.

Agree, I think the new added music in Spider-Man 3 was terrible, except for the Sandman theme. I'm abit worried about the music in 4, because that same composer will return for that movie! :csad:

5. Mary-Jane Watson CANNOT be a "damsel-in-distress" anymore. This is an extremely overrused plot device that really only worked the first two times.

Now is the time to finally let MJ rest from that crap. Imo, it only worked in Spider-Man 1. By then, Green Goblin already knew Peter was behind the mask. Doc Ock was about to destroy the whole city, that was a threat enough by itself. Having Venom kidnap MJ in Spider-Man 3 was perfectly fine actually, I think. However, just because she had been kidnapped 2 times before already, it felt worse than it would have if it wasn't for Spider-Man 2. Hadn't Doc Ock kidnapped her too before, it wouldn't have bothered us as much in Spider-Man 3 I think. Now, if Vulture is the villain, there's really no reason for him to kidnap MJ. I think he should have a plan to destroy the whole city, and that would be enough.

6. Peter as a teacher would be really cool also. It would show some much-needed character development.

Now, I don't agree tbh, because I don't think Peter is mature enough yet.

7. Better writing. And maybe some comic book references, just to please us adoring fans!

Definitely agree!

8. Finally, if there is a Black Cat, NO JULIA STILES. She is a fine actor, don't get me wrong, but she has 0 sexual appeal. And Black Cat is mostly ass sexual appeal. It would completely fail.

Agree again!

more supporting cast- betty, robbie.. others unseen yet, like randy..

Better storyline, better acting, Spidey acting like Spidey, his villians not having any connection to him, like the snow idea someone had...Yup thats it.

I don't take better storyline and better acting as minor changes.
It's essencial for every movie.

Oh jeez, I almost forgot.

I want one of those "acrobatic end" scenes that we saw in the first Spider-Man and the second one. That stuff is SO fun to watch.

Also, keep Spidey's mask on. It's hard to see Peter Parker sometimes, plus, I hate seeing faces in CGI, takes me right out of the movie.

.. More action. Seriously. I want to see Spider-Man destroy some nubs.

It's probably in Tobey's contract that his face has to be seen X% of the movie. That and Riami wan't to make sure we can see the emotion.

What's funny is on the flip side, if we got McAdam's she'd make MJ look ugly. Well, at least more so...

rachel-mcadams.jpg

What I would like to see is:
1.Spidey fighting the villain in a Comic Con event,where we see comic geeks dressed up as spidey,black spidey,green goblin,new goblin,sandman,doc ock,venom...(And Stan Lee could have a cameo there as himself)

2.Where the movie doesn't focus on MJ,it really hurts the movie.That means she doesn't get kidnapped by the villain,we don't see her sing,cause she can't sing,etc...

3.More wise cracks and wall crawling from spidey.

4.No made up villains like New Goblin.

5.Don't put in characters if you don't have any room to do anything with them(Captain Stacy and Gwen for example).

6.Action fights that last longer.

:up:

Uhhh, you do know that Harry does become the Green Goblin in the comics right? Is it you just don't like the word "New" or what?

^
Yeah,I just felt that Raimi could of done something amazing just by giving us either a new GG2 costume,or by making Harry the Hobgoblin with a new color scheme,cloak,etc.But instead he went out and made Harry resemble the Rocket Racer instead.

Making Harry the Hobgoblin would have pissed me off to no end. I mean, you just said you wanted it to be more like the comic, then you say you want him to make Harry the Hobgoblin. To me that's like making Kingpin the Scorpion or something.

And he did give us a new Goblin costume. It actually looked cool unlike the one we got in Spider-Man 1.

greengoblin.jpg

vs

goblinharry3800ts3.jpg

I'd take new Goblin any day.

Last edited:
- The #1 thing I'd change is MJ being the damsel in distress. It was fine in the first two movies, and it was just OK is the third movie (though Gwen would have made much more sense for so many reasons), but her being captured a fourth time? No. Just ... No.

- I'd also showcase the spider senses a lot more. Again, the spider sense was just fine in the first two movies, but it was basically absent in the third movie.

- I'd love to see Peter and MJ being happy together this time around, especially after the third movie. I want to see their relationship just go through some smooth sailing for at least one movie.

Oh jeez, I almost forgot.

I want one of those "acrobatic end" scenes that we saw in the first Spider-Man and the second one. That stuff is SO fun to watch.

Also, keep Spidey's mask on. It's hard to see Peter Parker sometimes, plus, I hate seeing faces in CGI, takes me right out of the movie.

.. More action. Seriously. I want to see Spider-Man destroy some nubs.

uh. spider-man destroying nubs has nothing to do with " 'acrobatic end' scenes." which by the way, are not the best parts of the movies...

When did he say that acrobatic end scenes and destroying nubs were related at all? And the end swing from the first movie was without a doubt the best part of the first one.

i want to see spiderman/lizard fighting in the sewers how bad ass and different would that be

Making Harry the Hobgoblin would have pissed me off to no end. I mean, you just said you wanted it to be more like the comic, then you say you want him to make Harry the Hobgoblin. To me that's like making Kingpin the Scorpion or something.

And he did give us a new Goblin costume. It actually looked cool unlike the one we got in Spider-Man 1.

^
At least if he was the Hobgoblin,we would of had more classic villains in the series.It's nothing like making the Kingpin the Scorpion,he would still be a Goblin,just with a Hobgoblin costume.

So you prefer Rocket Racer,instead of GG costume?

What I would like to see is:
1.Spidey fighting the villain in a Comic Con event,where we see comic geeks dressed up as spidey,black spidey,green goblin,new goblin,sandman,doc ock,venom...(And Stan Lee could have a cameo there as himself)
No....:dry::dry::dry:

5.Don't put in characters if you don't have any room to do anything with them(Captain Stacy and Gwen for example).

wasn't raimi's fault, look to sony / arad

^
At least if he was the Hobgoblin,we would of had more classic villains in the series.It's nothing like making the Kingpin the Scorpion,he would still be a Goblin,just with a Hobgoblin costume.

So you prefer Rocket Racer,instead of GG costume?

Neither one looked like the Goblin. At least Harry didn't look like a Power Ranger.

wasn't raimi's fault, look to sony / arad

How the heck was it their fault? He co-wrote the script. He also directed it. And as far as we know the only person Avi pushed for was Venom. Directors are told to use characters all the time and make them work. He was forced to use the Green Goblin in the Spider-Man 1, he was forced to use JJ and Robbie as well. That doesn't give him a blank check to make it suck.

That's like me telling you to write a story about Ninjas, and you do but the story is terrible. I yell at you and you say "well you told me to write a story about ninjas." That's not a defense. You were forced to use something in your story, it doesn't mean you can make it suck and then blame someone else.

How the heck was it their fault? He co-wrote the script. He also directed it. And as far as we know the only person Avi pushed for was Venom.

ziskin or arad pushed for gwen. he may have co-wrote the script, but was forced to include gwen, much like he was forced to put in venom.

And again, that isn't a defense. If he feels like he can't make a good movie with the characters he shouldn't be writing and directing it.

And again, that isn't a defense. If he feels like he can't make a good movie with the characters he shouldn't be writing and directing it.

yes, it really is a defense. we were not even gonna have gwen or venom in SM3. until fans felt raimi owed them something by not having venom in the series yet, and so did arad. then ziskin decided to add another love interest. and it was a better idea to make it gwen than some random girl.and I'm sure raimi was 100% against these two. and as much as I love SM3, I will admit, it's jam packed to the bone, and woulda have been better for arad and ziskin and sony to shut their mouths, and let raimi give us something else entirely. I'm not ragging on SM3 or anything though.

I have to agree with Kawkaw, here. It's also what I've been saying for quite some time.
It's not like they would fire a director who brought them a billionare fortune with only two movies. He is a grown man and must know what he wants and what he is doing. If he thinks he isn't capable of, then step in and do what must be done. He was writing the script, after all.
There's no pushing. They talked, he accepted.

Last edited:
yes, it really is a defense. we were not even gonna have gwen or venom in SM3. until fans felt raimi owed them something by not having venom in the series yet, and so did arad. then ziskin decided to add another love interest. and it was a better idea to make it gwen than some random girl.and I'm sure raimi was 100% against these two. and as much as I love SM3, I will admit, it's jam packed to the bone, and woulda have been better for arad and ziskin and sony to shut their mouths, and let raimi give us something else entirely. I'm not ragging on SM3 or anything though.

I enjoyed some if not most of SM3. But when was Raimi forced to make the Sandman Uncle Ben's killer? When did Sony force Raimi to do those terrible dance scenes? And it was Raimi who wanted Eddie Brock to be an evil version of Peter. The reason Venom sucked was because of Raimi and his "take" on Venom. He wrote the script AND directed it. He is to blame twice over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"