Monica Lynne

Another potential is Melanie Liburd. She's a new Red priestess in season 6 of GoT.

Tessa Thompson or Kerry Washington

Isn't Thompson Valkyre in Thor 3?

Tessa Thompson or Kerry Washington

Isn't Thompson Valkyre in Thor 3?

She's been cast in Thor: Ragnarok, yes. Her role hasn't been officially confirmed, but most are speculating that she will be Valkyrie.

Valkyrie or no, she certainly won't be Monica Lynne.

Would Monica and t'challa be the first couple other than white people/white interracial people to have a kiss in a comic book film? I think they might. Bit sad it took til 2018 or whenever to see that

Would Monica and t'challa be the first couple other than white people/white interracial people to have a kiss in a comic book film? I think they might. Bit sad it took til 2018 or whenever to see that

Nope didn't Spawn have a black love interest

How about Kat Graham from Vampire Diaries? She would be perfect as far as love interests go for Chadwick's T'Challa or even Yaya DaCosta

Lupita Nyong'o.

Disney owes her for turning her into a Rango Butthole-eyes in Star Wars.

...as Monica Lynne? I don't think so. As Shuri? Most definitely.

...as Monica Lynne? I don't think so. As Shuri? Most definitely.

Sure, if that's a better fit. I don't know these characters very well at all; I just want to see Lupita in one of these movies.

EDIT: Just looked up Shuri; yeah. Does seem like a better fit for Lupita.

Last edited:
I like almost all the suggestions so far, but I'd like to throw in one more name: Patina Miller (on TV as Secretary of State and Commander Paylor from Hunger Games).

-She's an actress who can also sing very well, unlike some of the other performers mentioned who are really just one or the other.

-She's got the physical abilities to be in an MCU movie too; even though Monica isn't a superhero, I imagine she's going to spend a lot of time being chased by bad guys and being shot at.

-She's authentically American, even being from the Deep South, so she's authentic to the role and can play off the cultural differences with T'Challa.

Not a fan of that casting choice. She looks a bit off to me and looks a good 10 years older than she actually is.

Not a fan of that casting choice. She looks a bit off to me and looks a good 10 years older than she actually is.

But she's almost 10 years younger than Boseman; Patina looks better without a straightened hairstyle. Also, there's plenty of roles in this for African and Afro-European actresses; but having someone really authentically American would stand out distinctly in this movie.

Many American actresses have been name dropped here. Patina just looks like she's been through a lot and not in a good way. She looks older than most 45 year old black women. No disrespect to her but she doesn't look like love interest material to me.

Mmmm... Jessica Lucas.

Finally someone agrees with me about Jessica Lucas playing Monica Lynne...she's perfect and I think her and Chadwick would definitely spark chemistry for sure

While I like all these actresses, can we get someone not biracial? The BP production is a HUGE opportunity for black actresses (especially dark skinned) and I'd hate to see mixed actresses once again get preferential treatment.

My fan cast would be

Rutina Wesley

Tika Sumpter as a close second

tika-sumpter-press2015-jpg.jpg

tika-sumpter-essence-magazine-glamazons-blog.jpg

54cb9959dfc42_-_esq-08-tika-042211-xlg.jpg

Ride-Along-13-Tika-Sumpter.jpg

I agree with this 100%.

Id be shocked if Ryan Coogler goes down the path of the lead actresses being light-skinned.

If Monica ends up being light skinned then my pick would be Jessica Lucas but if it is a dark skinned Monica then my pick would be Tika Sumpter

☆OldGrey-Man☆;33641163 said:
I agree with this 100%.

Id be shocked if Ryan Coogler goes down the path of the lead actresses being light-skinned.

I would not. He after all had Tessa in Creed.

Florence Kasumba from Civil War and Lupita being cast (or in negotiations) has given me some hope.

If Marvel goes for some one with name recognition I can see them going with Kerry Washington or even Tika Sumpter

I like the Rutina Wesley suggestion, but unfortunately, she cemented her D-List status by guest-starring on Arrow, so I doubt Marvel would even consider her.

Not to mention Tika Sumpter she is becoming quite the name in Hollywood but also have you seen her in the Ride Along films? Exactly why I think Marvel would go for her in the role of Monica Lynne especially because of the fact that she is a star on the rise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"