• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Monitor Question

Dark Helmet

Sidekick
Reaction score
My PC is a few years old now & every night before I go to sleep I turn off my monitor while the PC stays on & this morning I go to turn on my monitor & it is not turning on. I tried another Power Cord & the Blue Power Light did flash on but then turned off. Is my monitor in general dead or do I simply need a new power cord ? My Hard Drive is running fine. Heck my XBOX 360 still reads TVersity when the Hard Drive is turned on & I tried the power plug I had powering my monitor on my Hard Drive & that powered up just fine. So I think it is safe to say my LCD Monitor just simply died ?

Last edited:
It might not be the power cable it could be the VGA cable from you graphics card/mother board to your monitor that is broken, get another one of those from someone and test it.
If that fails to fix the problem its safe to assume its the monitor thats broke

yea, its most likey a VGA problem
look online for a great deal on VGA cables
btw what is your LCD monitor? a HP, LG, Dell, ect

If it was a VGA problem would the monitor power on after I disconnect the VGA wire from the HD ? Because it doesn't & I already said its an LCD & its an HP

do you see your computer OS and then goes to black or is it just black?

I appreciate you helping but re read the first post. But IT DOES NOT TURN / POWER ON. No Blue Light no nadda

I do wonder if the power button on my monitor is stuck ? I went ahead & got a cheap new one today as in a few weeks I will be getting a whole new PC & I tried out the brand new power plug on my not working monitor & the power light did come on & then I pressed it again to test it & it went off now it is not coming back on. Is my power button simply stuck or is it really dead ? This was working perfectly fine last night I am inclined to believe its dead. It is not my Hard Drive or VGA causing the problem of my other monitor as the new one works fine

Last edited:
I appreciate you helping but re read the first post. But IT DOES NOT TURN / POWER ON. No Blue Light no nadda

Maybe you should re-read your first post

I tried another Power Cord & the Blue Power Light did flash on but then turned off.

Because you are contradicting your self :)

Also you keep going on about your hard drive, it has nothing to do with that at all

Oh, I love when monitors go wrong.

You know, it's could be the transistor in the back that's gone.

You can probably get a HP spare from the website.

Or just get another monitor like you said.

Though if the blue light comes on, black_dust could be right in saying the vga cable is broken.

What I'd reccomend is looking at the pins, are the pins alligned properly?

Or you could have a look inside your computer at the graphics card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"