Need Help With My PC....

Reaction score
...Ok, I know my way around a PC to a point. But I'm seriously stuck on a problem and could REALLY use some help.

I moved my PC into my new place, plugged it all in, and nothing happens.

When I turn on the tower, the light comes on and it's acting like it's working.

The monitor is on, but the light isnt' green, it's orange, like if it was on and you were away. But, sometimes when I turn the monitor on and off, the light turns green, and it says something about sleep mode.

I don't know what I'm doing/did wrong, and I have some important stuff on there that I need to access.

Someone, PLEASE help.:csad:

Sounds like your VGA bit the dust, if it sounds like it's booting and your are not getting anything on the screen. I'd go get a new Video card.

Un-plug the lot of it and plug it all back in and make sure its all pushed in right, i had a pc that did a similar thing it was the power adapter to the monitor that was loose.

I suspect if it were your graphics card your pc would tell you about it with a series of irregular beeps when it boots up (thats what most do anyway)

The thing is, it's a brand new video card...well about 2 months old, but still new. And I've never had a problem with it.

I guess I'll try to unplug it all and do it again.

The thing is, it's a brand new video card...well about 2 months old, but still new. And I've never had a problem with it.

I guess I'll try to unplug it all and do it again.

Are you hearing any POST beeps when you start up? If so, how many and what kind of sequence?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"