• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did my PC die ?

TrailerCues

Sidekick
Reaction score
I am on my Lap Top & now my PC will not start. I had it turned off tonight because of a Thunder Storm & now when I plug in my PC it does not power on & in the back under where I plug in my power plug a green light flashes for a little bit & it eventually stops which I like to call The Green Light Of Death. So my question is does the flashy green light mean my PC is dead ?

Sounds like it got fried, through I don't know too much about computers. It won't start at all, so common sense=it got mother****ing fried.

Your power supply could have gotten fried, even though power is going into the PS if it has been hit with a large charge the current will go in but not come out to your mother board for saftey reasons, you could always put in a new PS and try that in it see if it works, Power supplys are dirt cheap anyway so no harm in trying. But if the new power supply wont work something has gone in your mother board, it wont be your processor because it would boot up but then say "Error you processor is ****ed"

Next time try buying a surge plug, these will stop most power surges that happen in thunder storms and protect your pc.

Had a similar problem about an year ago. Back then it was just a fuse that fried. Didn't even need to replace the PSU.

black_dust said:
Your power supply could have gotten fried, even though power is going into the PS if it has been hit with a large charge the current will go in but not come out to your mother board for saftey reasons, you could always put in a new PS and try that in it see if it works, Power supplys are dirt cheap anyway so no harm in trying. But if the new power supply wont work something has gone in your mother board, it wont be your processor because it would boot up but then say "Error you processor is ****ed"

Next time try buying a surge plug, these will stop most power surges that happen in thunder storms and protect your pc.

Pretty much what I was going to post. :up:

jag

Mady the fuse blew, try restarted ur computer with the power SWITCH in the back, if all else fails, your power suply blew, you can get a new one for like 20 bucks

The fuse in the PS? they are normaly solderd into the board and you wont replace it as easily as a plug...

"Died" is accurate, but an incomplete statement. It is more likely that your computer was... *dramatic pause*

MURDERED!

Now where's that damn butler?

black_dust said:
The fuse in the PS? they are normaly solderd into the board and you wont replace it as easily as a plug...
No, but if he takes it to a store it'll come cheaper than buying a new PS.

Your PC is Old Yeller. You're the ugly little boy.

Shotgunslaidout.jpg

You know what to do.

Edward Brock said:
No, but if he takes it to a store it'll come cheaper than buying a new PS.
You must be joking! a PS costs about $10 for a 250W they are dirt cheap no way would you have a tech guy look at it replace the fuse and put it back together for less than $10, the service charge for looking at it would be 10 alone.

It might be obvious to most people but some people forget that when you unplug for an electrical storm, you must unplug *everything*. Any wire into your computer: phone lines, DSL ethernet cables, anything, is a potential risk and can make your computer all toasty.

It doesnt have to be the power supply, I had the same problem and it was the Mother Board...

utabad said:
It doesnt have to be the power supply, I had the same problem and it was the Mother Board...

It's a process of elimination. Power supply is the most LIKELY culprit, and also the cheapest to replace. So, best to start there. If that doesn't resolve it, THEN look to the motherboard. :up:

jag

jaguarr said:
It's a process of elimination. Power supply is the most LIKELY culprit, and also the cheapest to replace. So, best to start there. If that doesn't resolve it, THEN look to the motherboard. :up:

jag
Indeed! :up:

Ive had about 3 on this system so far, i think i found the problem that was ****ing them up now anyway. And my other problem with my graphics card tripping the system off as well. Nothing but problems pc's :down

A similar thing happened to me,my modem got fried and i had to buy a new one,with much frustration.

black_dust said:
Indeed! :up:

Ive had about 3 on this system so far, i think i found the problem that was ****ing them up now anyway. And my other problem with my graphics card tripping the system off as well. Nothing but problems pc's :down

Here's where I pop in and go "Get a Mac!". :D

jag

jaguarr said:
Here's where I pop in and go "Get a Mac!". :D

jag
Jag if you want to donate one to me, i wont stop you! :)

black_dust said:
Jag if you want to donate one to me, i wont stop you! :)

Buy your own, you cheap EFF'er. :cmad:

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"