• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

More Doom and Gloom from Alan Moore

Morrison might have an ego, but he's generally a very nice guy.

So is Moore really. He's pretty abrasive in interviews like this, but watch some of his videos and such, and like Keyser said, he is much more laid back. It's basically whenever he starts in on the industry when he starts really cutting loose. This time he did step over the line, though.

What was it?

Google or Wiki America's Best Comics.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol 3, Part 1 only came out last year.

I think both Moore and Morrison come across badly in text interviews, they are both very British and full of sarcasm and pathos. In text they come across a lot more seriously than they do in person or on film/audio.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol 3, Part 1 only came out last year.

Yeah, it was pretty good. Not quite as good as some of the previous stuff in the series, but solid.

There was also Neonomicon from Avatar Press. The first issue was pretty good.

I think both Moore and Morrison come across badly in text interviews, they are both very British and full of sarcasm and pathos. In text they come across a lot more seriously than they do in person or on film/audio.

I can agree with that

Yeah, it was pretty good. Not quite as good as some of the previous stuff in the series, but solid.

There was also Neonomicon from Avatar Press. The first issue was pretty good.

I can agree with that

yea, LXG 3 part 1 came out last year. The year or 2 before that came LXG: Black Dossier, which was a fun read. I think either next year or the end of this year, the second part of the new LXG book is coming out. As you said, Neonomicon is a series that is out this year. And, as a technicality, From Hell was collected into TPB and Hardcover in 2000, and I imagine people who bought it then haven't even finished reading half of it yet. :oldrazz:

He's doing alot of independent work.

What a dick... Really, when was the last time Moore wrote anything great? Was it anytime in the last 10 years? I dont think so.

It was kind of funny when someone said this earlier, but you saying it again, after that previous person was already answered, is :awesome:

Grant Morrison, Beard Hunter

beardhunter.jpg

I think Alan Moore's beard is somewhere in there

It was kind of funny when someone said this earlier, but you saying it again, after that previous person was already answered, is :awesome:
I didnt read all the comments before posting. Sue me.
Also, do you have something against me? You seem to be quoting me a lot today only to mock me.

I didnt read all the comments before posting. Sue me.
Also, do you have something against me? You seem to be quoting me a lot today only to mock me.

Nothing against you, you just happened to write a couple of particular mockable things! So I mocked them.

Like, saying Alan Moore hasn't written anything in the last 10 years. Come on, you have to admit, that's pretty mockable. Or the thing about how like, Wonder Woman should just chill off on the feminism because of how perfectly equal men and women are now. That's just like, come on, really? Come on.

But no man I don't have any particular thing against you. I am just a mocker of the mockable. A totally mocking mocker. A mother mocker! Ask my mother, she will totally tell you how I mock her, and how she mocks me right back.

Nothing against you, you just happened to write a couple of particular mockable things! So I mocked them.

Like, saying Alan Moore hasn't written anything in the last 10 years. Come on, you have to admit, that's pretty mockable.
I asked if he had written anything great. Apart from Watchmen i havent been following the guy, so it was a sincere question.

You can basically assume that there's a bit of greatness in anything Moore writes. ;)

I asked if he had written anything great. Apart from Watchmen i havent been following the guy, so it was a sincere question.

Oh come on, you were totally all "I don't think so :awesome:" at the end, like you knew the answer and the answer was no.

Oh come on, you were totally all "I don't think so :awesome:" at the end, like you knew the answer and the answer was no.
Dude, you need to get a job or something if you care so much about what some guy posts on the internet.

Dude, you need to get a job or something if you care so much about what some guy posts on the internet.

I care about mocking your wonderfully mockable posts. :awesome: Mockable posts like this one.

You're right though I probably do have too much time on my hands.

I care about mocking your wonderfully mockable posts. :awesome: Mockable posts like this one.

You're right though I probably do have too much time on my hands.
Here, have this as your avatar then.
trollfacehdg.jpg

Eh, hes kinda right. The fact that I really cant see anyone doing an addition to Watchmen that isnt a disappointment is pretty much right, IMO. i wouldnt say current writers are crap, but they're definetely not mind blowing, aside from the ones who've worked in the biz for a while. And even then, those guys arent as great as they used to be.

Right, okay, but...y'know what? If Moore had said something like "i wouldnt say current writers are crap, but they're definetely not mind blowing, aside from the ones who've worked in the biz for a while," then sure, that's more understandable and maybe we wouldn't think he's such a giant dickwad. But that's not what he said. What he said was that there's no good writers in the industry, there's not even any average writers...hell, writers are so bad nowadays they're not even good enough to be called bad. That's what he said.

No one's disputing that DC rebooting Watchmen would be a horrible idea. That, however, does not preclude also thinking that Moore is a dickwad who needs to indulge in hours and hours of intense GTFO. The two are not mutually exclusive concepts.

I want him to say:
"I hate Grant Morrison. How can he not have facial hair? My mind cannot comprehend his total baldness. Its impossible, its not fair. I will destroy him with my magic!" :awesome:

I want him to say:
"I hate Grant Morrison. How can he not have facial hair? My mind cannot comprehend his total baldness. Its impossible, its not fair. I will destroy him with my magic!" :awesome:

Jason Aaron is like the perfect mix of Alan Moore and Grant Morrison. He's bald AND has a massive beard.

What's pretty objectionable about Moore's blanket statement is that he's throwing plenty of people that worked with him in the past under the bus. Last I checked, Dave Gibbons, Chris Sprouse, Brian Bolland, Bill Sienkiewiecz, and J.H. Williams III are still in the industry. And friends like Neil Gaiman might not be churning out monthly comics anymore but still have their occasional forays. Rick Veitch as well. And, going back before Moore, Joe Kubert is surprisingly active.

Now, I don't think there's any need for more Watchmen stuff, although something like a Tales from the Black Freighter special or mini-series would be basically harmless. But, the idea that there's no talent in the industry deserves, at best, an eye roll.

I would really love to know what Alan Moore was like as a kid. How much of a messed up childhood do u havta have to get to this point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"