Most Underrated MCU Movie

I'm a huge Hulk fan but what I found incredibly stupid and unforgivable about this movie is how they changed Banner's trigger to transforming. His anger doesn't make him turn, its anytime his pulse races to high. I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they decided to make this change but its the stupidest thing that I think Marvel has done with their movies. Its always been about Bruce's anger until they made this dumb movie.
You should know that in caption boxes and in the 80s cartoon narration by Stan Lee, when transformation happens there is the "His pulse is racing" comment, it's not a real change made for the movie, it's rather faithful. Pointing at other pulse heightening activities is an interesting take.

The Hulk film to me kind of felt like it was pulling in two different directions, not sure whether to be a Nolan Batman like film telling its story as straight as possible or going for the larger than life charm than the MCU has generally focused on. In the end I didn't think it really did either that well(which is a shame as Norton and Roth could IMHO have done either) and ended up rather heartless.
The Incredible Hulk remains consistent in tone.

Age of Ultron is very underrated.

The Winter Solider - Age of Ultron - Civil War isn't the best three films to watch in succession.

This. Aside from IM,CA and Thor trilogies we have come to a point where we can get multiple movies from different sub-franchises and have a main theme or narrative arc out of them.

Like you take A1,IM3,TWS,AOU,AM and CW and it could pass for a Civil War minisaga.

Or take TFA,A1,TDW,GOTG,AOU and DS and make an Infinity Stones minisaga.

It also shows how nicely the Avengers movies tie everything in.

@Spider-Aziz
"You should know that in caption boxes and in the 80s cartoon narration by Stan Lee, when transformation happens there is the "His pulse is racing" comment, it's not a real change made for the movie, it's rather faithful. Pointing at other pulse heightening activities is an interesting take."

hahaha! IT's one thing to have your pulse race cuz of anger and another to have it race cuz your exercising, having sex, laughing hysterically or scared soulless. The cause of what changes your pulse, matters and the way they changed that cause didn't make it interesting in the least but utterly ridiculous and frustrating.
It makes his anger not matter and it takes from the fear of him transforming. When his anger is the trigger, you know that when he becomes Hulk that he's enraged, uncontrollable and unpredictable. Good or bad he's a threat to EVERYONE cuz he's angry and irrational. That sense of dread is totally gone if he Hulk's out just cuz he busted a nut or went for a jog. It was a dumb change! It's ridiculous to have anything and everything you feel be your trigger. It forces the character to repress everything he feels, which would make him grow dull and boring.
Even the Show with Lou Ferrigno and the Ang Lee movie got that. Hulk comes from a place of anger and thats the way it always should've been.

Last edited:
I'd say IM3, because people focus so much on The Mandarin twist, and overlook the positives of the movie.

I'd say IM3, because people focus so much on The Mandarin twist, and overlook the positives of the movie.

Came here to say this. There's so much to love in this movie. Personally, I think IM3 gave us the best portrayal of Rhodes to date. In the first 2, the only purpose he seemed to serve was to nag Tony. This was the first time the script treated him like a three-dimensional character. Stellar arc for Tony as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"