mouse is a little off

Hellboy Jr.

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey, I have a logitech cordless laser mouse, and for some reason earlier this week it started having this problem. Whenever I leave it sitting for a few minutes, or click on, like, a window to type in, when I go back to the mouse, it won't move until I right or left click.

It's certainly not a big deal, but it's mildly annoying. Anyone got any clue what's going on with it or how to fix that?

Hellboy Jr. said:
Hey, I have a logitech cordless laser mouse, and for some reason earlier this week it started having this problem. Whenever I leave it sitting for a few minutes, or click on, like, a window to type in, when I go back to the mouse, it won't move until I right or left click.

It's certainly not a big deal, but it's mildly annoying. Anyone got any clue what's going on with it or how to fix that?
when mine does that I check the batteries first. Then I look around in the sensor on the bottom. Sometimes some dust or lint has made its way up there which screws it all up.

Its either Batteries, dust, or you are to far away from the transmitter

black_dust said:
Its either Batteries, dust, or you are to far away from the transmitter
Oh, man. This one time, I had a CD player, and the batteries got old and leaked inside, so I scratched all of the battery acid off with my finger nail, and then tried to blow the dust out of the battery holder. It all went in my eye. That hurt:(

Scarlet spidey said:
Oh, man. This one time, I had a CD player, and the batteries got old and leaked inside, so I scratched all of the battery acid off with my finger nail, and then tried to blow the dust out of the battery holder. It all went in my eye. That hurt:(
were you wearing proper saftey equipment? i think not! next time you will use goggles! I hate when batteries leak :( or set on fire :o

Scarlet spidey said:
ouch. that HAD to suck

Dew k. Mosi said:
when mine does that I check the batteries first. Then I look around in the sensor on the bottom. Sometimes some dust or lint has made its way up there which screws it all up.
hmm, but I put it in the charger every night, and it's only about 8 inches away from the mousepad....

Other idea is, its not power saving is it? because you have gone away for abit its just sleeping until you click it? Have a look in the user guide that came with it

black_dust said:
Other idea is, its not power saving is it? because you have gone away for abit its just sleeping until you click it? Have a look in the user guide that came with it

That's what mine does. After a few minutes of non-use it'll go to sleep until I right-click once or twice.

Now what I never COULD figure out is why suddenly the axis on my mouse would switch for a month or so for no reason, then suddenly switch back. Up/Down was Left/Right and vice versa. Had to hold my mouse sideways the whole time it was on it's little period.

And I thought someone was complaining about me. :(

Anyway, I had that problem and it's usually the batteries.

My current annoying problem is that whenever I single-click, it registers and reacts as a double-click. Nothing wrong with the settings on Windows' Control Panel, though.

black_dust said:
were you wearing proper saftey equipment? i think not! next time you will use goggles! I hate when batteries leak :( or set on fire :o
Firey batteries explode! They're fun sometimes, but only from a distance!:p

It's possible the batteries in your mouse aren't holding a charge anymore. How old are the batteries in it?

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"