The Wolverine Movie Adamantium

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
It's been pretty established by the Wolverine movies that movie Adamantium can cut movie Adamantium. It's not like in the comics.

1- Adamantium bullets can penetrate Logan's adamantium skull.
2- Adamantium blades (Deadpool) could have decapitated Logan, as "hinted" on screen.
3- Adamantium katanas cut Logan's Adamantium claws.

That still doesn't explain why Logan's claws don't cut each other in the mirror scene (Origins), but I assume Adamantium can cut Adamantium only when it is given the proper speed and momentum.

Any feedback?

in the Wolverine didn't the Silver Samurai's Adamantium katana have to be super heated to cut through his claws?

in the Wolverine didn't the Silver Samurai's Adamantium katana have to be super heated to cut through his claws?

That's true but... what type of heat? Heat can make Adamantium "fluid" and "malleable"... so what's the deal with Silver Samurai's Katanas?

After all, we could assume the Adamantium bullets in Origins were heated as well.

Maybe they can, but you would need to be strong enough, pushing a steel against another usually makes one of them break, but you need enough stregth to pull that trick.

Maybe they can, but you would need to be strong enough, pushing a steel against another usually makes one of them break, but you need enough stregth to pull that trick.

Yeah, but how did SS's katanas manage to be heated without dissolving/liquifing?

Were they really done of Adamantium? Hou it was heated? I dunno, science fiction? They probably just found some way to stabilise it while still letting it heat what touches it.

I am just not a fan of how they depicted Adamantium in the two wolverine movies.

I didn't have a problem with it in the 2nd Wolverine film, they still had to heat Adamantium in order to cut. Though i usually prefer the idea that once it's cold, it can no longer be contoled or broken like the 2nd film suggested.

Summing it up:

1- A mild, specific overheating signature can make Adamantium break other Adamantium.

2- An extreme, prohibitive overheating can make Adamantium become fluid and malleable.

Yeah, but how did SS's katanas manage to be heated without dissolving/liquifing?
if his katana was made in the traditional fashion of multiple layers to strength the blade... being a solid blade vs Wolverines claws/bones which are basically hollow metal (Adamantium covered bones) its possible that the sword would have a much higher melting point

if his katana was made in the traditional fashion of multiple layers to strength the blade... being a solid blade vs Wolverines claws/bones which are basically hollow metal (Adamantium covered bones) its possible that the sword would have a much higher melting point

Good point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"