Movie Trailers that Were Better than the Movie

wolverine. i thought the movie was alright, but when i watched the trailer it got me so pumped, and then i saw the movie, and it was...yeah

maybe im the only one but the first trailer for wolverine was pretty weak. first time i saw it my expectations for the movie sunk. that hummer/ helicopter shot was not encouraging at all.

same with the first terminator salvation trailer. later TS trailers brought me some hope. unfortunately they were liars:csad::hehe:

Last edited:
Fantastic 4:Rise of the Silver Surfer.The first teaser trailer was really good.Then as more information came out I got less and less excited.The Fantastic 4 deserve better.

Beowulf trailer got me all pumped and excited. But then when I saw the film...:( (In an awful, squuezed aspect ratio, no less, that they never corrected for the whole movie)

Thanks Kane.

I've been meaning to see Beowulf. It looked really cool to me. Plus, Ray Winstone is in it.

Based on what I'm hearing about TS, it looks like the kick ass trailer is way better than the actual movie. But I still have to see for myself.

I think there are probably a lot of trailers that are better than the movie they're for, simply because trailers by design are supposed to create hype and not necessarily represent the actual quality of the movie.

I'm also certain that every movie made will be mentioned here because not everyone can like the same movies...

Based on what I'm hearing about TS, it looks like the kick ass trailer is way better than the actual movie. But I still have to see for myself.

I think there are probably a lot of trailers that are better than the movie they're for, simply because trailers by design are supposed to create hype and not necessarily represent the actual quality of the movie.

Honestly... yeah, the trailer did make me think the film would be somewhat better than it was, but I dont think it was quite as bad as some people are making it out to be.

X-Men 3
The Phantom Menace
Fantastic Four 1
Alien vs Predator
Robocop 2
Deep Star 6
Alien 3
Daredevil
Lethal Weapon 3
Pirates 3
Back to the future 3

The CGI for the dragons looked so good though. :up: No Joke.

I get the feeling that the Where The Wild Things Are trailer will be better than the movie.

Oh, I agree... when you DID see them, they looked awesome... but I just don't think you saw enough of them.

Speaking of Christian Bale post-apocalyptic movies, yes, I too would have to add Terminator Salvation to the list here. It wasn't awful, but the trailers for it got my hopes really high and the movie was just okay.

The obvious ones that come to mind were Spider-Man 3 and AVP:Requiem.

Watchmen.

I enjoyed the film a lot, but the trailers made me think it was going to be a groundbreaking film.

Star Trek trailer 2

The third was a hell of a lot better. And the movie itself was better than that trailer.

The thing that bugged me the most was. "I will not allow you to lecture (insert bad edit)Me!"

"Then why don't you stop me?"

Those two together just didn't fit and was silly. It worked better within the context of the film.

Watchmen.

I enjoyed the film a lot, but the trailers made me think it was going to be a groundbreaking film.

The comic already did that. I just wanted to see it come to life. I don't think it was Snyder's job to make it groundbreaking. The content is of course groundbreaking, but lightening can't strike twice in the same place, and because it's an adaption, it won't as much. Though the film is remarkable.

I do believe in years to come, it will find a wider audience. Though if it was released pre 9/11 it would of been a disaster.

Yeah, I think that Watchmen was as groundbreaking as a superhero comic book-based film can be. I really can't grasp what more people wanted from it. I mean, if you hadn't read the novel and walked into it expecting to see something similar to TDK, then of course you'd probably be disappointed. But if you do know the story, I think that all you have to complain about really are minor things like not liking the choices of music or slight changes (I'm sorry, but not having the squid in the movie ruined nothing for me). True, some characters (the Bernies, mainly) were almost completely eliminated, but seriously... how long did you want the movie to be?

Just thought of another one - The Fifth Element.

The movie was still good, but that trailer made it looks SO epic... and then it was more of a comedy than anything else. It was still really cool, but I can't help but think about the movie that it COULD have been over the one that it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"