Sequels My concept for the Superman Returns sequel

BH/HHH

You Are My World
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I e-mailed warner brothers the other day telling them I had a few movie ideas and stuff and they came back with this " Hello, Thank you very much for contacting us. We are always happy to hear from our fans. However, it is our policy, based on legal and other considerations, that we will not accept or consider unsolicited submissions of concepts, stories, or other potential content. Very truly yours,Warner Bros. Online Customer Service"

So one of my ideas was this:

Untitled Superman Sequel [Wrath of Zod (lol)]

Plot
Lex Luthor is once again free and out for revenge against Superman. Lex Luthor finds the whereabouts of General Zod, the Kryptonian criminal that Superman defeated in Superman II. Lex decides to use Zod to get back at Superman, there’s only one problem Zod has no super powers. Lex remembers that he can restore Zod’s powers as Superman restored his in the Fortress of Solitude. Superman is still looking for Lex who is doing a great job of hiding. Superman also has some issues to deal with namely Lois Lane and his Son.

Key Points

• There is more interaction between Clark and Lois.
• Luthor locates the whereabouts of General Zod and frees him. (If mentioned: Non and Ursa are dead).
• Lex needs to create new crystals to restore Zod’s powers as the original crystals were destroyed. Zod helps him create the new crystals.
• He distracts Superman in the city by hiring goons to commit crimes around the city.
• Luthor kidnaps Lois Lane and Richard White, revealing to Richard that Jason is not his son but Superman’s.
• He takes Zod to the Fortress, (now desolate, very dark, no life) where he has his powers restored. Superman shows up and the battle begins. Ending the film with a huge fight and the Fortress being destroyed crushing Zod and killing him.
• Lex is taken to jail for his crimes, he won’t be getting away with it this time. He vows to get Revenge on the Man of Steel.
• Richard accepts that he is not Jason’s father, he and Lois separate as he doesn’t want to be in a relationship built on lies.

Just wanted to know what you all thought. Comments positive or negative (yikes).

How is Lex going to prevent Supes from finding him? kryptonite I guess huh?

I'm gonna have to say...no. Good effort, though.

i think Richard would have to die at the end.... if you thought Superman was upset after Lois died just imagine how pissed he'd be if Richard was killed! Jason loves him!

PSU442 said:
i think Richard would have to die at the end.... if you thought Superman was upset after Lois died just imagine how pissed he'd be if Richard was killed! Jason loves him!

thats a good idea.

I am so upset with the story set forth in Superman Returns that I would be against any sequel. I'm sure your idea is good and all, but no.

Why don't we concentrate on updating Superman and bringing him into the modern world.

man you guys can be harsh. guess that teaches me, lol.

Sorry man, it's just that I don't want the returns storyline continued.

I always thought at some point at the very end of the franchise there would be a film where superman never ages and everyone finds out who he is since lois is now 50 heh. That could serve for some interesting identity issues.

I'd propose a storyline bringing Brainiac in. I'd open the movie with the skull ship landing on New Krypton and taking "samples" of crystals and kryptonite then flies back off into deep space.....

Flash forward a few months later.

Brainiac shows up wreaking havoc in Metropolis. We see scenes of the skull ship pulverizing buildings with it's weird energy weapons. Superman shows up and the first major battle takes place.

Brainiac tells Superman he doesn't want to destroy the city because he doesn't want to rebuild it after he takes over the planet!

Meanwhile, Lex Luthor is watching the events fold on live television.

Brainiac manages to escape after a brutal battle with Superman. Little does Superman know, Brainiac's attack on Metropolis was merely a ploy to extract Superman's D.N.A!

We cut to Brainiac's ship and see him in injecting Superman's D.N.A. into a massive stasis tube.

However, Brainiac goes into a rage when he discovers that Superman's D.N.A. is not capable of being "absorbed and fused" with that of his "ultimate creation."

In the background of the Skullship, we see monitors of all the major television networks throughout the world who are reporting on the appearance of Brainiac and his subsequent battle with the man of steal....

Lex Luthor makes an appeal to Brainiac saying he's got something that will bring Superman to his knees.....Superman's son-Jason.

Brainiac looks down at the vile that contained Superman's D.N.A. and begins laughing and then smashes the vile to pieces.

Brainiac and Luthor meet for the first time. Luthor says they have a common goal of ridding the world of Superman and by helping each other, they can both have what they want: The Earth and Superman out of the picture.

Brainiac asks Luthor where the boy is that contain's the bloodline of Jor-El.

A plan is put into motion that sees Luthor kidnapping Jason and badly injuring Louis Lane in the process. Luthor hands Jason over to Brainiac whom takes Jason onto the Skull ship.

There, Brainiac extracts blood from Jason and tests the sample. He confirms that "indeed, you are the bloodline of Jor El" and then straps Jason into a horrible looking machine that starts extracting more blood samples from the boy.

Jason begins hyperventilating from his asthma and we see him trying to reach into his pocket to try to get his inhaler.....

As Superman desperately searches for Jason and manages to locate the Skull Ship. Another major battle ensues between Brainiac and Superman.

Superman manages to free his son but notices Jason is not conscious.

He leaves the Skull ship and flies Jason to the ground below. Brainiac escapes once again as we see Superman now performing cpr on Jason in the middle of a lonely field.

But it's too late. He's unable to revive his son. Though Jason had kryptonian D.N.A., he also had human D.N.A. that ultimately caused his asthma and now death.

Superman knows he must tell Louis what has happened and in a heartbreaking scene tells her their son has died while she is still critically injured in the hospital from her encounter with Luthor.

Superman then tracks down Lex and just before he's about to kill him, Brainiac blindsides Superman, knocking him through multiple walls.

Superman goes into a rage and another huge battle takes place starting underground in Luthor's lair and then makes it's way to the surface where the two have a climatic battle in Metropolis.

The police manage to arrest Luthor as Superman is battling Brainiac.

After a massive battle, Superman winds up to give Brainiac the killing blow. Right before this happens, Brainiac presses a button on his robotic body. Superman asks him what he just did and Brainiac laughs at him saying "In my death, I've sealed your doom son of Jor-El!" Superman then crushes the battle ravaged Brainiac, killing him.

We fast forward and see things are being wrapped up with Luthor's trial for murder and conspiracy; Louis has healed and we see her and Clark as they lay Jason to rest at his funeral.

We then cut to deep outer space where Brainiac's ship is hiding. Inside, the massive stasis chamber unplugs from the wall of the ship and the Skull Ship's mouth opens up. We see the chamber jettisoned through the Skull Ship's mouth and track it as it enter's Earth's atmosphere.

It crash lands into a desolate area and then burrows deep into the ground.

We start to hear something banging on the insides of the chamber and it becomes louder and louder almost like a grotesque heartbeat.

Camera fades to black............

I'm also working on a concept with "The Sage" on our take of the sequel. I'll post more once I get back home.

How about the movie starts in an action scene. Or rather the end of one. Superman is down in the street. Being pinned down by an unknown person. All we hear is a somewhat electronic voice. "Mark this as a day to remember. The day that Superman died." And then a flashback to...an oil tanker passes by the island where Luthor is trapped. Lex offers John Corbin a great reward for saving him. Then he leaves Kitty on the island, because he's that much darker now. Corbin was only working on the vessel while it was on its way to the US, because he had been fired and forced to leave his home country by a goverment agency that he'd been working for. Within that agency he developed devastating weapons, but his greed, much like Luthor's, got to him and he started selling the agency's blueprints to the highest bidder. This, of course, interests Lex, and they form a partnership. The first weapon that they create together somehow backfires on Corbin, due to Superman, and his body's damaged beyond conventional repair. His hate for Superman grows and Luthor uses that to manipulate him into becoming Metallo.

yeah, uh... no Zod.

the last thing I want people to be reminded of is Superman II. SR was already filled with rehashings of Superman The Movie, and the last thing I want to see is a remake of Superman II

I don't want to see Zod either. And I won't Luthor to be the man behind the scenes. Let it be known that he's pulling the strings, but I don't need him as the main direct villain again. We need LuthorCorp. I'd like to see him buy out some businesses with Gertrude's money and see how Clark/Superman and Lois deal with the fact that he's getting more powerful and they can't do anything to stop it.

Your concept sucks and here is hoping that it never reaches the light of day.

my question is, for those who want ZOD to show up again, do you want him recasted or bring back Terrance Stamp?

i mean they did make Patrick Stewart n Ian Mckellen look younger in x3.

Shawn Short that was a bit harsh.

At least some people are nicer. Thanks

My concept for the Superman Returns sequel is to keep the principal cast and the theme music, but give Routh more elbow room, brighten up his suit just a tad, revamp the Fortress to be more theft-deterrent - like adding one of the Kryptonian sentinels from the first two films as Kelex - and shove Luthor in the background as much as possible.

I'd go with a supervillain trilogy:

Chapter I/Metallo - With the courts unable to connect him to the New Krypton scheme, Lex uses the Vanderworth fortune to create LexCorp and after one of his hired thugs, John Corben, is gravely injured fighting Superman, Lex transfers his neural engrams into his new Kryptonite-powered military robot prototype. Metallo pretends to malfunction at a media demo and dumps Superman into Hobs Bay, but genuinely goes nuts when he finds out his human body has already died contrary to Lex's reports and bombards all of Metropolis with Kryptonite, which escalates its radioactive element into poisoning half the city, including the Daily Planet staff and especially Lois. One of Project Metallo's advisors, John Henry Irons, quits after learning what Lex has done, fakes his death to avoid a hit, and blows the whistle on LexCorp to Clark Kent. Superman then teams up with Irons to build a light suit of armor that replicates most of Superman's powers, and the Man of Steel fends Metallo off while Irons races to create a means to negate the Kryptonite poisoning via solar radiation.

Chapter II/Brainiac - In Lex's employ, scientist Milton Fine uses Lex's knowledge of the time-warping properties of the Phantom Zone to lure Superman into a trap with Lois and Jimmy as bait. All three end up on Krypton a year before its demise and adopt aliases to blend in. 'Kal' seeks out the only man who can get them home - his father - and Jor-El bonds with him after Kal shows unusual proficiency with crystals. This arouses the suspicions of Jor-El's friend General Zod, who reports to the Council's newest advisor, the Coluan artificial intelligence Vril Dox, only to be dismissed to his further discontent. Dox realizes where the visitors are from and aims to kill them lest they discover that his data processes have broken the planet's orbit; after several attempts on their lives, Jor-El takes them into hiding on Argo in the company of another old friend, Kala In-Ze, and Jimmy falls for Kala's headstrong daughter Kara to the point where he's questioning whether or not he's going back with Superman and Lois.

Chapter III/Mongul - After destroying the Dox/Fine fusion, Superman receives an alien visitor, Mongul, who invites him into co-administrating his newest venture - extraterrestrial brawling on Mongul's latest 'Warworld'. Superman declines, more so upon learning the newest Warworld is New Krypton, and gets into a fight with Mongul then and there, barely escaping with his life. Enraged, Mongul uses DNA from blood drawn from Superman in their duel, and creates a Kryptonite-laced hulk of destruction - Doomsday, who bashes Superman to a pulp; this is a diversion, though, as Mongul sends a chunk of New Krypton plummeting toward Metropolis with the intent of turning Earth into a Warworld. Superman grabs Doomsday and hurls both of them into the oncoming asteroid, presumably killing them. Kara struggles to protect Metropolis in Kal's shadow, overwhelmed to the point where even Irons is compelled to forge his own armor when mutations caused by Metallo's Kryptonite poisoning result in more superhuman criminal activity. However, Mongul isn't done with Metropolis yet - but Kelex has taken steps to protect the legacy of the Last Son of Krypton, starting by retrieving a charred corpse at the bottom of Hobs Bay...

BH/HHH said:
Shawn Short that was a bit harsh.

At least some people are nicer. Thanks

Well, let me offer you an apology because your idea's for a sequel to a sh%tty movie suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"