• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

My concepts for Earth 2 Harlequin

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
earth_2_s_harlequin_by_needham_comics-d7llwf4.jpg

bkno wrote me: "I have another idea for Alan Scott new love interest. Damon Mayne aka Harlequin.
materioptikon.files.wordpress.…
There was a proposed gay male Harlequin who was going to be a potential love interest for Obsidian. But it was rejected since Alan Scott has already two derived heroes with Jade and Obsidian.
His name is a composite of Damon Matthews (Obsidian BF) and Harlequin (Molly Mayne) who was married to Alan Scott."

So here is the back story I was thinking about for him, Marius Mayne (or what if he was Earth 2's Harvey Dent) was a soldier in the world army during both Apocalypse Invasions. What he saw made him see the world differently. In such a dangerous world he refuses to take things seriously. He quit the army and became a career criminal, he would never hurt anyone innocent and occasionally would help people. He is a world class athlete and excelled in his World Army training in hand to hand combat taught by Ted Grant, weapons training, and strategy. At first it was just for fun being the Harlequin, but after meeting Green Lantern/Alan Scott it became to get his attention. He is very flirty with Alan, but also an old fashioned gentleman. They are like a Batman and Catwoman relationship. He isn't crazy, just silly and goofy, he doesn't care what others think of him anymore. He doesn't care about the laws. He has just decided to live life how he wants. Eventually he tries to be a better person, becomes an anti-hero like Catwoman is now. He sometimes helps and sometimes doesn't. He is sort of like Deadpool, only he isn't insane and less annoying usually.
He is constantly joking around and making odd, maybe inappropriate, and funny comments. Just some thoughts.
Gave him a suit and frilly stuff like Dula Dent had, gave him a Harley styled hood, gave him a checkered pattern like the original Harlequin, and made him purple because no matter what when I invert green it came out purple and not red like the color wheel says. He needs to be likable and redeemable for a hero like Alan Scott, the Superman of Earth 2, to like him and become his boyfriend.

I'm not crazy about the story, but the artwork is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"