my current Superman fan film

MDIFILM

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's been a long time, last time I was here, back in 2003, I was producing/directing a parody fan film called A Joker's Card, I've always wanted to try something different since then, and with having access to a large green screen studio in Ohio, we are now going to do a challenging project, our Superman fan film : S

It's written by Superman comic book fans and it plans to be dark and tragic compared to my previous parody comedy work.

It will have a lot of suspended fight sequences and hopefully it would entice you guys to like it.

We start shooting Jan 8-9 and Jan 15-16, it is a short film, hopefully about 15-20 mins long and hopefully to be done by Summer 2011.

If you would like to check out the costumes outfit testing and some of the fight sequence rehearsing videos, please visit http://www.facebook.com/S4Superman

Thanks

Johnny Wu
www.mdifilm.com

Looks very interesting at a glance. Glad to see you didn't just grab a Superman Returns halloween costume from a bargain bin. I'll definitely be keeping an eye open for the finished project. Good luck.

Looks very interesting at a glance. Glad to see you didn't just grab a Superman Returns halloween costume from a bargain bin. I'll definitely be keeping an eye open for the finished project. Good luck.

Thanks! A lot of production photos been uploaded to the fan page, our writers were more comic book fans than of the film so we kinda wrote the script based on those. This weekend would be the final shoot days and hopefully we get it all wraped.

So far, we got too many shots that I don't know what to do with them..

Always, always best to have too many shots.

What's the plan when it's all finished up? Is it going on YouTube, Facebook, or are you making an 'official' website for it?

Hi Pumpkin, not sure about official site, maybe just the facebook, the finished short film (hopefully less than 20mins), will be given away on DVD during the premiere party and then it will be played at 3 film festivals at least (as long as it is ok), then online at a few places that allow this. :)

As having a lot of shots... well, it's a more difficult choice for me to figure out what shot to use. :) Although we are reshooting a few clips due to the problem with breaking the 180 rule.

Yeah, it can be a tough choice, but when the alternative is not having enough, too much is always preferable. It's exceedingly rare that you end up with "just enough" footage. :p

I really like the direction you are taking. I really am a fan of fan films. Keep up the hard work!

Hi everyone, just giving you an update that we will have the short film premiere on Oct 1 here in Cleveland where Superman was born and then online on the 2nd! You can join us online and watch the party streamed live at http://www.morningshowcentral.com/watch/ on October 1st at 7pm EST.

Hey Johnny,
where is the premier at exactly? One you are putting together or another Fan Film Festival? Eager to see this one for sure. Are you going to attend TCIF3, I think that Hunt for Gollum film is gonna win all the awards though. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"