• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Cyclops Theory

Knightsaber Priss

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
Well, I think my title is very nonspoilerish even though what I'm going to pose in this post is very theoretical, but it has been on my mind an awful lot. Mind you, I am a diehard Wolverine fanatic, but I too am slightly distirbed by the old Canucklehead taking Cyclop's place. I must say regardless whether or not the actor who portrays Cyclops had a falling out with Fox, the character, who has been a mainstay of the comics for over 40 years should not be so abused by them. I'm sure Marvel would and should agree with me there. Which leads me to come up with this theory and I certainly do hope with the notion of recasting Cyclops they consider utilizing my ideas and theories I shall present here in this thread in a roundabout way. Also my idea calls for a little suspension of disbelief as well as retconning so bear with me here.

Anyways, here is what I propose as part of my theory. As we all recall, Cyclops was abducted in X2 by Stryker's team in Magneto's detention area. Let's say that as Stryker said there are more people out there to continue what he has started. Now let us suppose one of these individuals is Mr. Sinister, under the guise of an ally when in fact he was secretly trying to gather enough data to force a mass evolution of mutantcy. Retconning let's pose the notion Sinister made a deal with Stryker to help him with his efforts to control mutants through Stryker's son's gifts as well as utilizing his knowledge in DNA and Genomes in exchange for Cyclops himself seeing as he is the brilliant geneticist that he is with a slight Sommers DNA obsession. Let us assume in X2 the Cyclops who battled with Jean at the end of the movie was one of Mr. Sinister's clones, who is a perfect copy of the original. He would think, act, and speak just like the original of course meaning that even his good friends would not even know he was a clone planted by Sinister to throw them off the fact that he has the real thing. This in effect would mean the Cyclops in X3 is just a copy and therefore his demise would be the perfect cover for Mr. Sinister to conduct his research on Scott without interference by the X-Men since they think he's dead.

I'm sure this would be a satisfactory idea to explore in X4 should Mr. Sinister be considered as a main villain (As excellent as Sir Ian is, we can't have too much Magneto in every movie! Give the other big time X-Villains a chance to shine as well!!) and for all of you Cyclops fans. Of course I am aware that by stating this in such a public forum I have therefore compromised any such endeavors by Fox to throw the fans off concerning Red Herrings about the true Cyclops whereabouts if they indeed like my ideas. But keep in mind this is a subjective theory so do not hold me to this. I just think it's a pretty good idea and would keep Cyclops fans happy if this indeed is the last movie, thereby they could create their own fanon springboarding from my idea.

Godzilla2000 said:
I'm sure this would be a satisfactory idea to explore in X4 should Mr. Sinister be considered as a main villain (As excellent as Sir Ian is, we can't have too much Magneto in every movie! Give the other big time X-Villains a chance to shine as well!!) for all of you Cyclops fans. Of course I am aware that by stating this in such a public forum I have therefore compromised any such endeavors by Fox to throw the fans off concerning Red Herrings about the true Cyclops whereabouts if they indeed like my ideas. But keep in mind this is a subjective theory so do not hold me to this. I just think it's a pretty good idea and would keep Cyclops fans happy if this indeed is the last movie, thereby they could create their own fanon springboarding from my idea.

It's still the beloved Pheonix saga without Cyclops. And I find it hard to believe Fox were thinking that far a head (or at all).

Abaddon said:
Sorry,G.I hate clones.:(:down

Well, it would be one dead clone though so there's an upside to that!

CapBeerCino said:
It's still the beloved Pheonix saga without Cyclops. And I find it hard to believe Fox were thinking that far a head (or at all).

I know, I know, but there's nothing at this point we can really do about except hope that should X3 do well and there's an X4 they can kind of utilize some form of my standard issue comic book character loophole to bring back Cyclops with the more respectful handling of his character if that is at all possible.

DarknessOfDeath said:
Cyflops? :) lol

Sorry! Freudian Slip there. I corrected it!!

*edit* P.S. Perhaps this is what we should dub Cyclops in X3?

The problem with cyclops is that Marsden is no Halle and Hugh. Put Keannu, Cruise or whoever else along the likes, and you'll get Cyclops the leader.

silver_arrow said:
The problem with cyclops is that Marsden is no Halle and Hugh. Put Keannu, Cruise or whoever else along the likes, and you'll get Cyclops the leader.

Oh no no no no no!! No Tom Cruise touching the role at all!!! I think there are dozens of unknowns out there who could act rings around Tomkat and Keanu who would do justice to the true essence of Cyclop's character.

phoenix_force said:
poor cyke fans you must be real desperate to resort to clones

Like I said, I am not a Cyclops fan. I was mad into anything that featured Wolverine or Sabertooth back in the day. Besides, have you any knowledge of the comics and who Mr. Sinister is? I would expect this sort of comment from a Movie/casual Comics fan who's never read anything that wasn't a millenial X-Men issue or in the Ultimate X-Men series.

It's not Marsden's acting is the problem is his influence in the movie industry I'm talking about. I'm sure if it's Tom, he wouldn't let cyclops die and Hugh shine.

silver_arrow said:

I don't want to see Keanu (even though I love the guy) or Cruise in there. Marsden just needed to think about the possible bridges he would be burning considering his actions. In Fox's eyes, they probably felt that he made his choice and they made theirs. It just sucked for the character and the Saga.

silver_arrow said:
It's not Marsden's acting is the problem is his influence in the movie industry I'm talking about. I'm sure if it's Tom, he wouldn't let cyclops die and Hugh shine.

Well, that's because Tom Cruise has his Scientology robots to badger and bully people into submission. I would never want Tom Cruise within State or Province Lines of an X-Men production.

TheWeatherMan said:
I don't want to see Keanu (even though I love the guy) or Cruise in there. Marsden just needed to think about the possible bridges he would be burning considering his actions. In Fox's eyes, they probably felt that he made his choice and they made theirs. It just sucked for the character and the Saga.

true...

But I really like the Sinister idea... he's cool. :o

I would have made Sinister Stryker :p
Godzilla2000 said:
Of course I am aware that by stating this in such a public forum I have therefore compromised any such endeavors by Fox to throw the fans off concerning Red Herrings about the true Cyclops whereabouts if they indeed like my ideas.
Actually, now that you have mentioned it, they can't and won't use it, just to avoid any chance of you claiming credit for the story.

Sorry I hate clones, especially retcons that involve clones: "it wasnt really him! it was a clone!" type things.

Kanon said:
I would have made Sinister Stryker :p

Actually, now that you have mentioned it, they can't and won't use it, just to avoid any chance of you claiming credit for the story.

Hmmm...True, true Sinister did have the ability to change his appearance in the comics, not because he was a mutant but because of his scientific knowledge.

Well...it's not like I'm doing anything really important currently that would keep me away from helping with a Sinister storyline. *hint, hint....Fox* ;) All I'd need is some time for research and to jog my memory.

FieryBalrog said:
Sorry I hate clones, especially retcons that involve clones: "it wasnt really him! it was a clone!" type things.

Well, if you knew anything about Sinister, especially from the 80's, clones are his thing. Besides, it's not Clones that are the problem, it's the execution of it all that matters. See the Spider-man/Jackal Clone extravaganza for how not to utilize clones in a story arc.

here is your best chance for a cyclops theroy/ conspiracy/ plan for the future...if he is in their future plans...

X3 he doesn't die after at alakli lake, almost knocked to his death but blown back hundreds of feet, leaving his glasses on the ground (nug nug)

prelude to X4: sinister doing his reaserch noticed an emense amount of mutant power coming from alakli lake, there he finds Scott, one of the mutants he has been tracking for 10 years...he hears about the terror happening at alkali lake and goes to (or sends someone...gambit maybe) to retrive jean grey for him, the other mutant he has been tracking (if she dies in x3 the he takes a dna sample and makes Madeyllen Pryor)

X4: since scott hasn't really been in any of the 3 xmen movies, i am not going to change stride one bit, he and jean are captured in the savage land for most of the movie, while sinister does his thing, and then something happens in the first part of the movie leading the xmen to the savage land where cyclops can be the hero finally in the end because he is the only one who can legitimatly hurt sinister

L0ngsh0t said:
X4: since scott hasn't really been in any of the 3 xmen movies, i am not going to change stride one bit, he and jean are captured in the savage land for most of the movie, while sinister does his thing, and then something happens in the first part of the movie leading the xmen to the savage land where cyclops can be the hero finally in the end because he is the only one who can legitimatly hurt sinister
Umm Scott missing and Wolverine showing himself for most of the movie in the savage land? That sounds like the movie verse :up: :p

Kanon said:
Umm Scott missing and Wolverine showing himself for most of the movie in the savage land? That sounds like the movie verse :up: :p

But if they have the Savage Land they'll have to change a certain character's name that happens to be the same as a certain Dark Lord of Middle Earth's.

fox commited a grave sin by taking cyclops out of the phoenix storyline. x3 would've been jean and scott.. instead we have jean and logan. sorry cyke fans have been through enough, an x4 where scott will get screwed over again, im not down for it and i hope marsden isnt game as well.

Godzilla2000 said:
Anyways, here is what I propose as part of my theory. As we all recall, Cyclops was abducted in X2 by Stryker's team in Magneto's detention area. Let's say that as Stryker said there are more people out there to continue what he has started. Now let us suppose one of these individuals is Mr. Sinister, under the guise of an ally when in fact he was secretly trying to gather enough data to force a mass evolution of mutantcy. Retconning let's pose the notion Sinister made a deal with Stryker to help him with his efforts to control mutants through Stryker's son's gifts as well as utilizing his knowledge in DNA and Genomes in exchange for Cyclops himself seeing as he is the brilliant geneticist that he is with a slight Sommers DNA obsession. Let us assume in X2 the Cyclops who battled with Jean at the end of the movie was one of Mr. Sinister's clones, who is a perfect copy of the original. He would think, act, and speak just like the original of course meaning that even his good friends would not even know he was a clone planted by Sinister to throw them off the fact that he has the real thing. This in effect would mean the Cyclops in X3 is just a copy and therefore his demise would be the perfect cover for Mr. Sinister to conduct his research on Scott without interference by the X-Men since they think he's dead.

I'm sure this would be a satisfactory idea to explore in X4 should Mr. Sinister be considered as a main villain (As excellent as Sir Ian is, we can't have too much Magneto in every movie! Give the other big time X-Villains a chance to shine as well!!) and for all of you Cyclops fans. Of course I am aware that by stating this in such a public forum I have therefore compromised any such endeavors by Fox to throw the fans off concerning Red Herrings about the true Cyclops whereabouts if they indeed like my ideas. But keep in mind this is a subjective theory so do not hold me to this. I just think it's a pretty good idea and would keep Cyclops fans happy if this indeed is the last movie, thereby they could create their own fanon springboarding from my idea.

Well this isn't a bad idea and i don't see how xfans can complain because this is exactly the area that Sinister deals in. I would love to Sinister behind everything. Including the Cure as a way to cull out the mutations that he deems unsactisfactory knowing that the Mutants with amazing powers would never opt for the cure in the first place. I alos would like to see a bigger viliian and not just Sinister. Maybe him and the hellfire club or Apacalypse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"