• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My X-Men MCU Pitch

Mtheumer

The Marvel Maniac
Reaction score
I decided to come up with my own idea for an X-Men TV show. It's a work in progress.

X-Men start out as members of a kids show (think Power Rangers).

Scott Summers - 17
Jean Grey - 16
Hank McCoy - 18
Warren Worthington - 17
Robert Drake - 14

Xavier creates the X-Men TV show to get young people comfortable with the idea of mutants believing that soon the truth would get out.

Mutant age slower than humans. Two-to-one for the average mutant. Longer for more powerful mutants.

There are only a few thousand mutants world-wide. All mutants hid their powers out of fear.

Mutant sightings are like Bigfoot sightings, but quietly governments of the world take the idea more seriously.

Xavier and Magneto were members of a secret society of mutants (The Hellfire Club). The Club has been in existence for hundreds of years, with the mask of being a reputable social club for the very wealthy. Xavier quits after realizing that they are using their abilities for wealth and power. Magneto stays on longer only to be ousted for petitioning for mutants to come out of the shadows to conquer humanity.

The Hellfire Club had been actively covering up the existence of the mutant gene, but when a Scottish geneticist discovers that MI-6 had a mutant operative, the secret gets out on the internet (ala Wiki-leaks). The public becomes panicked and fearful. The backlash is immediate and it turns neighbor against neighbor with a new word being used..."mutie".

To make the best of the situation the Club organizes the murder of two young mutant children and blamed it on anti-mutant radicals. These deaths enrage Magneto into action. Magneto appears before an anti-mutant rally and begins tear down nearby buildings, flinging cars, and threatening to kill them all. An unexpected group appears to stop him, teen heartthrobs and actors, the X-Men.

For a moment, the police and National Guard begin to turn their weapons on the X-Men when some children in the crowd begins to cheer. The X-Men attack, but are hopelessly outmatched until Jean senses a hair-line fracture in Magneto's psionically shielded helmet and with the help of Xavier they are able to get Magneto to drop his shields. That is all the team needs to press the advantage and defeat Magneto.

In a secret prison, it is revealed that it was the Hellfire Club that order the murders and the anti-mutant rallies, all to manipulate Magneto into becoming the face of the "evil mutant" to the public. Unknown to Magneto, it was also the Club that tampered with his helmet allowing the X-Men to defeat him.

That's clever man, good thinking! Though, idk if it's necessary to have the X-Men as members of a kids TV show, not sure where you're going with that. Really though, it sounds like the story doesn't require it to be based on the X-Men property at all, you could develop your own original story with characters and their powers and just use a word different from "mutants". Give you a lot more freedom with the story

Your pitch hearing it...it would actually work but I would rather it be in the cinematic universe rather than a TV show but still in a big screen theater mainstream universe this story just fits better than it would on a TV show

Some character showcasing. Meet the...

The Lords Cardinal of the Hellfire Club

Sabastian Shaw – Black King – Driven and highly charismatic, Shaw has amassed significant wealth and power over his long lifespan. Shaw has been the power behind kings, dictators, and even Presidents. Power: Kinetic energy conversion. Shaw’s body is capable of absorbing kinetic energy to increase his strength and durability.

Emma Frost – White Queen – Fashion and entertainment icon, Emma Frost is one of the wealthiest women on the planet. One of her many television studios produces the popular American kids show, the X-men. Power: Telepathy. Once considered the most powerful telepath on the planet, Frost has focused her power on bending the wills of everyone around her. It is believed that she uses a considerable amount of her power keeping the world’s population subliminally susceptible to her product advertisements.

Donald Pierce – White Bishop – Pierce is Elon Musk and Bill Gates in one. Pierce Industries is the leader in commercial technology from cellphones to supercomputers. Pierce has not much use for humanity and rarely makes public appearances, but when he does it’s usually to personally debut some world-changing new tech. Power: Pierce is a technomorph capable of manipulating complex machines. Pierce is a cyborg with 85% of his body replaced with cybernetics. Pierce has a genius-level intellect and is able to download his memories to any data storage medium of sufficient size.

Harry Leland – Black Bishop – Harry Leland controls the world’s largest retail chain and fast food outlets. There is a Leland Burgers in every developed nation in the world. Leland owns hundreds of subsidiaries producing everything from dish soap to semiautomatic weapons. Leland is the posterchild of human consumerism. Power: Mass manipulation. Harry Leland is capable of increasing his mass well beyond his already considerable bulk. His entire body structure becomes super dense with no ill effect on his ability to move.

Charles Xavier – White Rook – Son of wealthy scientist and philanthropist Brian Xavier, Charles discovered his mutant powers soon after discovering his father was a member of the Hellfire Club. Idolizing his father, Charles followed in his footsteps by becoming a world renowned geneticist and joining the Club, believing their power and influence was for the good of man and mutant kind. Power: Telepathy. Xavier is currently the most powerful telepath on Earth, capable of reaching out and sensing the thoughts of everyone on the planet. It is believed that when his power matures, he will be able to take full control of those very same minds.

Erik Lehnsherr – Black Rook – Little is known of Erik’s history before joining the Club. It is believed he is the son of eastern European immigrants who escaped the Nazis in WWII and then the communist party of the cold war. Erik carries the rage of injustices born upon his family and has found focus for that rage in the Club. Erik and Charles became close friends even though their outlooks on life are polar opposites. Power: Magnetism. Lehnsherr is able to create powerful magnetic fields capable on manipulating ferromagnetic metals. Lehnsherr is able to use these fields to interact with the earth’s magnetic field allowing him to levitate himself or to lift much larger metal deposits than he would otherwise be able to alone.

Last edited:
Again I love your ideas for your MCU Pitch for X-Men to fit into the Disney Cinematic Universe for Marvel but then again if you do it like this a lot of people are going to want to see your pitch but in a movie capacity rather than a TV show because believe me if you work all of this into a movie I guarantee you this movie would sell out as far as movie theaters go

But then again with this pitch and the X-Men coming into the MCU I wonder then how they would fit in with all the other heroes in the universe such as Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Black Panther, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Spider Man, etc.

Again I love your ideas for your MCU Pitch for X-Men to fit into the Disney Cinematic Universe for Marvel but then again if you do it like this a lot of people are going to want to see your pitch but in a movie capacity rather than a TV show because believe me if you work all of this into a movie I guarantee you this movie would sell out as far as movie theaters go

TV or movie, I really just want to talk to anyone who could make it happen. Although, a movie has the budget for better effects, TV (Netflix specifically) has the ability to allow for better storytelling.

But then again with this pitch and the X-Men coming into the MCU I wonder then how they would fit in with all the other heroes in the universe such as Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Black Panther, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Spider Man, etc.

The creation of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch have given Marvel a opening for creating superpowered people without being Inhumans. Cap and Spiderman prove that the genetics is already there, the only narrative left if to backtrack, creating the line that some of the powered people out there were born with them.

I dig the pitch. I was curious if you had a fantasy cast. I'd be interested in seeing what you have in mind for that.

As an old man (46). I'm not as hip on the young actors these days. I'll ask my kids, but hey, hit me with some suggestions.

Cool! Either way I'd still be interested who "you" would've envisioned if you could get this made, even if they're too old now, pretend they were in their prime. Its just fantasy fun, right? No judgement, I just like reading other peoples ideas on stuff on like that. No pressure though.

Original X-Men

Scott Summers - Ansel Elgort

242c1a20fe4cf00201b7f3b6f2403705.jpg

Jean Grey - Bella Thorne

MV5BMjIwNzY5MTI2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjE1NjY0ODE@._V1_UY317_CR17,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Bobby Drake - Logan Lerman

tumblr_m9jv3mPbvx1re1gpao1_500.jpg

Warren Worthington - Colin Ford

CUmak85UEAAsESK.jpg

Hank McCoy - Sean Astin

I think Sean Austin for Beast is a pretty inspiring choice. I really dig it.

It was pretty damn tough to find a young-ish actor who wasn't a twig and had some physicality.

Well my cast for X-Men MCU would be:

Dylan O'Brien as Scott Summers/Cyclops
Saoirse Ronan as Jean Grey
Logan Lerman as Bobby Drake/Iceman
Colin Ford as Warren Worthington III/Angel
Richard Madden as Hank McCoy/Beast

The Hellfire Club

Sabastian Shaw - Daniel Day-Lewis
MV5BMjE2NDY2NDc1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjAyMjkwOQ@@._V1_UY317_CR13,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Donald Pierce - William Fichtner
MV5BMTgyOTI3MzcxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzIwNzQ3OQ@@._V1_UY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Emma Frost - Nikolett Sheridan
3_nikolett-sheridan.jpg

Harry Leland - John Goodman
John.Goodman.jpg

Charles Xavier - Ewan McGregor
ewan_mcgregor-498286.jpg

Erik Lehnsherr - Clive Owen
Clive-Owen-bio-450x600.jpg

Ewan McGregor as Xavier would actually be perfect and Clive Owen as Erik Lensherr/Magneto I can actually see that

John Goodman as Harry Leland gets my vote

For Emma Frost instead of Nicolette Sheridan I would go with Rosamund Pike

Donald Pierce I would keep William Fichtner

As Sebastian Shaw I don't know if Daniel Day Lewis would even want to do it because he would probably be too big for Marvel so with that in mind I would go with Jason Isaacs

Rosamund Pike is a little "wholesome" for my taste. I almost went with Madonna, but I remember she can't act.

I like Jason Isaac, but Day-Lewis brings more presence to the part. His portrayal in Gangs of New York was the type of intensity that makes him a believable authority when all these big names are in the room. And of course he would do it, everyone wants to be in a Marvel movie.

Last edited:
@Mtheumer
I really think Sean Austin is a fantastic choice. He works for this role on so many levels. *Fistbump*

I'm also with you on Daniel Day, He would be great for Shaw. I've personally wanted him to play Mr. Sinister. I think he'd own it.

I'm not a big fan of Ewan McGregor myself but I can totally see him being good in the Xavier role. I always thought Paul Bettany would be perfect for this role. I also think he'd compliment Clive Owen as Magneto who I've always thought would kill this role. I think he has this stoic presence and authority that I feel has been lacking in the people who have played Magneto so far. I feel he'd play the part making it feel less preachy if that makes sense.

All around good picks though.

@Tg11
I think your choices are good too but I think it's funny that both you and Mtheumer see Logan Lerman as Iceman where I see him playing a great Cyclops.
Also cuz I think Dylan O'Brien would actually be perfect for Iceman. haha! I enjoy others perspectives on stuff like this cuz of stuff like that.

I like Gemma Arterton for White Queen. Based on past performances, I think she was kinda made for this role especially if she became a prominent character on film/tv the way she is in the comics.

Logan Lerman as Scott Summers/Cyclops in the Disney MCU actually is perfect if you think about it even though Dylan O'Brien probably could play Scott just like how Logan Lerman could probably even play Bobby...either actor fits into both roles simultaneously if you think about it

But with Logan playing Scott he would actually be able to play him with more range and Dylan O'Brien can actually play Iceman with more range with more humor but also with more vulnerability

Actually now that I think about it I actually could see Paul Bettany as Xavier but then again he is already playing Vision and he played Jarvis as well so which is why McGregor he would probably be the next best thing as far as playing Professor Charles Xavier...all he would have to do is shave his head and he would be perfect

Clive Owen as Erik Lensherr/Magneto he just has the look for it

Daniel Day Lewis I could actually see him as Mr. Sinister believe it or not but would DDL even want to do a Marvel film much less X-Men

Sean Astin as Beast...it isn't that I have a problem with him in the role because I don't but if they went with an older Beast then yeah sure he would be perfect but if Disney/Marvel went with a younger Beast similar to Nicholas Hoult's Beast then I would probably go with Richard Madden of Game of Thrones fame

As Emma Frost/White Queen...Gemma Arterton she would be interesting but dying her hair blonde she still would look out of place because Emma Frost has blonde hair blue eyes which is why looks wise I went with Rosamund Pike but also because she can act but my second choice for the role of Emma Frost/White Queen would be Diane Kruger of Troy fame

@TG11

Could they both play each role? sure. However, O' Brien is naturally more charismatic and has great comedic timing. This is why he'd be a great Iceman. It was also why I really wanted him to play Spider-Man but that dream was crushed.
Logan is more like a straight arrow. He's a good actor but he naturally fits in the squarish boy scout type of roles. Everytime I've seen him attempt comedy, it feels forced and unnatural. He's a stiff and he'd be better suited playing one. I just don't see O' Brien doing as well playing Cyclops than Logan would and Vice Versa.

Agreed with you second point.

hahaha! You're too hung up on what's going on in real life. We're only talking fantasy here, man. It's not like we make official decision's you know what I mean?
The next best Xavier in my opinion would be Jude Law or James D'Arcy.

Originally, I wanted Alan Rickman to play Sinister but may he rest in Peace. DDL would make this role iconic.

I actually think Madden would make a great Captain Britain.

I'm not so hung up on looks, Hollywood can fix that. Even when they can't, they don't always care and it still works for them. Just look at Jackman's Wolverine for example. I focus on what I think an actor/actress can bring to a role and how I imagine they should play it. I think Gemma would own the White Queen and Hayley Atwell would be my second choice.

Just chiming in here, Sean Astin and Ewan McGregor (and Mtheumer) are the same age.

Yeah, but in Hollywood, we can be decades apart. Well maybe not me.

I also have two other pitches on here, so you know, feel free.

I read your Fantastic 4 one. Admittedly, I wasn't a big fan of them growing up so I'm just kinda ignorant when it comes to them(Unlike X-men) but I do kinda like your idea about the nullifier. I think it'd be a cool way to sort of make 2 shows in one. I think with your idea it'd be cool to make the show displaying their adventures of the past and modern times. Just going back and forth thru out the show whenever its fitting.

And Again, more than anything. I'm curious about who you would cast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"